• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

So you are not talking about God's Word as originally written, but interpretation and/or a translation of God's Word?

Translation. 

In my view that is what is at issue in Gen 1:1. That's why I observed it should be reworded because as written the image doesn't comport with logic.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok translation...a far cry from the original manuscripts, or at least the existing copies of them.

We don't know what the autographs contain. All we can read is what is currently written and available in the version format of God's word. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, eileenhat said:

There is nothing impersonal about God.

He assist us by demonstrating to us we can be individuals*.

Being an individual is different than having a personality.

A personality is therefore not part of the spirit of God and must be removed, by attention and diligence.

We watch our children strive to grow and maintain an EVEN personality.

From there, they can seek the Lord and perhaps, grow in spirit (ie. the holy spirit).

But one that is overtaken by 'personal emotions', has no such opportunity, as everything they witness gets harnessed (used) by the 'personal' to keep itself intact.

In other words, once a person develops a set of emotional states (ie. anger, sadness, etc.), they become victims of it.

Quote:

*"

You’re an (individual) member of the body of Christ.

10. 1 Corinthians 12:25-28 This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. Here are some of the parts God has appointed for the church: first are apostles, second are prophets, third are teachers, then those who do miracles, those who have the gift of healing, those who can help others, those who have the gift of leadership, those who speak in unknown languages.

11. 1 Peter 4:10-11 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen."

http://biblereasons.com/being-unique/

God has already made you fit, being made complete to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints. It’s not something we must wait for. Not something we must strive for. Not something that will have our fingerprints on it in anyway whatsoever. Our fitness for our heavenly inheritance is an inheritance that waits every believer. It has already been accomplished for us according to the Apostle Paul, it’s a done deal. The fitness was accomplished by someone else not by you. It was accomplished by Jesus, there is nothing further you need do to become fit for your inheritance. It’s a past tense transaction. God has already delivered us from the power of darkness. God has already translated us at the point of our belief, he already sees us seated right along himself as he sees down through the portals of time into time future. God isn’t watching to see if we’re good enough to get there. God isn’t waiting to tally a score of some sort to see if we’ve earned sufficient points to merit this fitness. God has already made us sufficient. Abandoned human view point, adopt divine view point.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Hebrews 6:1

King James Bible
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

or another easier to read version of this passage is, from Berean study bible;

"A Call to Maturity
1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And this we will do, if God permits.…"

Being saved means a path to maturity in Christ opens.

There is no end to self learning then.

There is no say "I am washed clean by the Blood of the Lamb" and that is all there is to do.

I assume you realize that already newnature and are speaking of something else.

And waiting is not our goal.  Being prepared for our new place alongside Jesus Christ is our goal post.

The law had authority over us before we found out that we had our discharge papers. It was tormenting us. It still torments many people as they think that God is relating to them on that basis. It was hounding us and goading us and it was threatening us and now we are discharged from the law. We have been set free. The Savior issued the discharge papers and Paul delivered those papers. We can look back at the law now and we can say, “You can not touch me anymore! Your condemnation will have no effect on me whatsoever! I know the parameters. I no longer fear the repercussions of your rulership. I know the condemnation you bring because of the emotions you stir up in the weakness of my flesh.” Well, our blessings are not based on our performance in any way, shape, or form. Our blessings are based on Jesus’ performance, because we are members of his flesh. How many blessings do we have according to the apostle Paul? All blessings in Heaven, the place of our citizenship. All things are lawful unto me now. I am going to stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith I have been made free and I will not be entangled again with your yoke of bondage. God did away with the law-husband relationship through the death of his son.