• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

What do you think of the possibility of Bashar Assad being the Antichrist?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

What possibility would there be that the Jews would take him to be the Messiah? :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

What do you think of the possibility of Bashar Assad being the Antichrist?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my view, Assad is the only other candidate that fit's at least a portion of the scriptural profile of the Assyrian antichrist. His birthday happens to be Sept. 11.

Saddam Hussein actually fits the scriptural profile much better. And bin Laden actually fits the profile of the false prophet pretty good. But it would not surprise me to see that those shoes could be filled by some other evil Muslim cleric.

Reverend Turmoil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rev Turmoil,

I don't think Saddam or Bin Laden would fit the profile of what I believe the Antichrist will be like. I think the fact that Assad spent a lot of time in London has probably made him a little more European so that he would be accepted by everyone in the world. I don't know much about Assad. The Lord just made me aware of him and he fits the description of what God has been showing me concerning the Antichrist, at least what I have read of him so far. I believe the Antichrist is going to be someone who is going to be charming, intelligent, etc. and that people will like him. I don't think he will come across that evil at first. I don't know if Asset fits this or not. But, if people are going to be deceived, he is not going to be obviously evil at first.

Thanks for your insight. It helped!

Grace to you,

Dr. Luke,

I think that it's a misunderstanding that christians perceive the antichrist to be accepted as a Messiah.

What does the term anti-christ mean to you?

Mt

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Daniel also gave descriptions of this last day beast. As did other prophets. Zechariah 11 said he was Assyrian the cruel shepherd an antithesis of the Good Shepherd who never abandons his flock, and that he would have a withered right hand and be blind in the right eye (possibly caused by a head wound??)

Zec 11:15
Edited by Sir W Dakotah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

2Th 2:10

And with all deception of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11

And for this cause God shall send them a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Sounds more like a Muslim than a backslidden christian! 

PS.  The only ones who will welcome (accept) the man of sin will be Muslim's. (apostates) 

Actually that sounds like anyone who is unsaved, not limited to muslims. You have a viewpoint which you are promoting, so anything you see in scripture is fit into that viewpoint. I personally think it is dangerous to lead people to think that only muslims will be decieved, when anyone who is not grounded in the Lord is likely to be decieved.

Rev,

No need to shout brother. :rolleyes:

Who is the Whore riding the Beast in your scenario?

I will tell you this. No one in Persia is going to deceive the Jews either. Matter of fact we are about to witness the Jews possibly blow up a Persian Nuclear Power Plant.

Explain to me how a bunch of Elect Jews left over after the Tribulation are going to be fooled by a Persian Messiah? Spouting Muslim theology?

Mt

Rev,

When people type in large bold letters all caps? It usually denotes shouting. :rolleyes:

An antichrist "can" claim to be Christ, but the word stresses opposition more than a literal counterfeit.

Agreed, We are closer together than we know. :24: Even in Pauls time there were already anti-christs operating in that spirit..

So wouldn't a better definition be those opposed to the Word of God? I think that we are talking about two different things though. spirt of anti christ, which is already in operation. Then the Anti-christ who will decieve even the very elect with signs and great wonders. Showing that he himself is God or the Messiah;

2Th

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Therefore, those who wait for the EU or Solona's and the Pope to emerge as the evil ones will not be aware of the time of our Lord's return.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Actually that sounds like anyone who is unsaved, not limited to muslims. You have a viewpoint which you are promoting, so anything you see in scripture is fit into that viewpoint. I personally think it is dangerous to lead people to think that only muslims will be decieved, when anyone who is not grounded in the Lord is likely to be decieved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It most certainly does sound like anyone who has heard the gospel, and refused it will be decieved.

I think that one thing people should know is that muslims are also looking for endtimes. That is what drives bin laden and others of his ilk. Their prophecy says that the whole world will worship allah. They are looking for the last mahdi who will come with Jesus who is not the Jesus we know. And their Jesus whom they call Isa will show that he was not crucified, nor the son of God. And will kill all those who call themselves christians and won't believe him, by smitting at their necks (beheading) sound familiar???

At that time the trees and rocks will cry out muslim there is a jew behind me come and kill him, and all the world will be muslim.

They are also waiting for these prophecies to be fulfilled and are trying to bring them about.

The problem is their mahdi sounds like what we know as anti-christ. Or the beast of Daniel.