• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi Yowm,

I heartily agree with you! I too have a So Ca background. I still pay  individual  income tax each year to the State   too. I have skin in the game as I like to call it.  My family is stretched all over California, north  south, inland and coastal. This past week I drove by surface roads from Yorba Linda to  Saavy-LA, on  up to Wilshire to the Petersen Museum. By surface roads not freeway. To say I wasn't out of my own sense of comfort and safety  would be a lie. Some of that terrain is  much worse than I remember  the back side of Nassau Straw market sot be in the old days and today too for that matter. Seems my iphone was some how set to avoid freeways, auugh!

I had to literally start talking out loud to myself to get control over the sense of apprehension and outright fear that was coming upon me. Ignore the graffiti, ignore the lost looking  homeless types, they are not threats, they are poor.  See the poor the very very poor trying to sell  "stuff", old tired clothing and hand canned food stuffs on the sidewalks. See, they have customers. They are doing commerce. It isn't the City of Commerce, it is Pico Rivera, but they are just people  trying to survive and even prosper.  And prosperity, it is  a very different animal for me than it is for them. Praise God for the mercy that  I have not had to  do such hard existence, least not for long. I did make it to my destination the Petersen museum with it's collection of Auto history the 39 million dollar cars  that people buy and have just sit in the museum as a conceit and a hedge,- against what? a hedge against inflation so that they may not lose a few million dollars in a downturn of the world economy? It is such an awesome varied world that we live in the of so poor wandering in the under muck as the so very very prosperous have their tea and brandy and sit  in their collections of James Bond Movies cars, and celebrate the easy life.

BTW the Bond cars exhibit is  quite cool.

What come to my mind after one of these trips is that God is indeed sovereign.  There must be a message for us within the settings He has placed us. What is it? Why are we to see the unclean poor and the oh so rich, why isn't this utopia? Ah yes the fall.. okay so  what does a wall have to do with  even a secular  or economy purpose never mind a spiritual one?  A wall ill be  breached by the poor the hungry the tired  the unclean for they want a piece of something more than dispare for themselves too.

For security, I think a wall is not an answer. I think over all of history never has been. Why sometimes secure walls fall  just by  the reveal of our creator of His power to do what He wills done. He has people do really stupid things like march around a wall and blow a trumpet. Okay and the walls they fall, yet God  seems to have us building more walls- perhaps t show us His power when He has them  miraculously fall once again. Showing us He is the power not us and our walls.

Or maybe not- as I say  I go back and forth  on the issue, as I am led to travel into and out of  a few regions of this land. "Ike" told us the only person with security is the person with a life time prison sentence and no parol coming. He was a pretty smart general. God tells me I have no security (nor does anyone else on this earth while in the flesh). Security is  only in having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and being comforted by Him that my true security is to be with God for eternity in a new spiritual body away from this corrupted fleshly one.

So why do I seek security as in Social Security, native security,  property security, over eternal security? Why do I fear what may happen to this flesh? What is it I have  to do with  the concerns of even my own  flesh?  - It's a hard one, for I have been in this flesh for a long time. To totally not value it, is hard for sure.

And so,-  I think God sends me on an excursion by an accidental setting of my Iphone- an "accident"-al drive through Pico Rivera's surface roads for a refresher course on what He will prefer me to be about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Yowm,

I heartily agree with you! I too have a So Ca background. I still pay  individual  income tax each year to the State   too. I have skin in the game as I like to call it.  My family is stretched all over California, north  south, inland and coastal. This past week I drove by surface roads from Yorba Linda to  Saavy-LA, on  up to Wilshire to the Petersen Museum. By surface roads not freeway. To say I wasn't out of my own sense of comfort and safety  would be a lie. Some of that terrain is  much worse than I remember  the back side of Nassau Straw markets to be in the old days and today too for that matter. Seems my iphone was some how set to avoid freeways, auugh!

I had to literally start talking out loud to myself to get control over the sense of apprehension and outright fear that was coming upon me. Ignore the graffiti, ignore the lost looking  homeless types, they are not threats, they are poor.  See the poor the very very poor trying to sell  "stuff", old tired clothing and hand canned food stuffs on the sidewalks. See, they have customers. They are doing commerce. It isn't the City of Commerce, it is Pico Rivera, but they are just people  trying to survive and even prosper.  And prosperity, it is  a very different animal for me than it is for them. Praise God for the mercy that  I have not had to  do such hard existence, least not for long. I did make it to my destination the Petersen museum with it's collection of Auto history the 39 million dollar cars  that people buy and have just sit in the museum as a conceit and a hedge,- against what? a hedge against inflation so that they may not lose a few million dollars in a downturn of the world economy? It is such an awesome varied world that we live in the of so poor wandering in the under muck as the so very very prosperous have their tea and brandy and sit  in their collections of James Bond Movies cars, and celebrate the easy life.

BTW the Bond cars exhibit is  quite cool.

What come to my mind after one of these trips is that God is indeed sovereign.  There must be a message for us within the settings He has placed us. What is it? Why are we to see the unclean poor and the oh so rich, why isn't this utopia? Ah yes the fall.. okay so  what does a wall have to do with  even a secular  or economy purpose never mind a spiritual one?  A wall ill be  breached by the poor the hungry the tired  the unclean for they want a piece of something more than dispare for themselves too.

For security, I think a wall is not an answer. I think over all of history never has been. Why sometimes secure walls fall  just by  the reveal of our creator of His power to do what He wills done. He has people do really stupid things like march around a wall and blow a trumpet. Okay and the walls they fall, yet God  seems to have us building more walls- perhaps t show us His power when He has them  miraculously fall once again. Showing us He is the power not us and our walls.

Or maybe not- as I say  I go back and forth  on the issue, as I am led to travel into and out of  a few regions of this land. "Ike" told us the only person with security is the person with a life time prison sentence and no parol coming. He was a pretty smart general. God tells me I have no security (nor does anyone else on this earth while in the flesh). Security is  only in having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and being comforted by Him that my true security is to be with God for eternity in a new spiritual body away from this corrupted fleshly one.

So why do I seek security as in Social Security, native security,  property security, over eternal security? Why do I fear what may happen to this flesh? What is it I have  to do with  the concerns of even my own  flesh?  - It's a hard one, for I have been in this flesh for a long time. To totally not value it, is hard for sure.

And so,-  I think God sends me on an excursion by an accidental setting of my Iphone- an "accident"-al drive through Pico Rivera's surface roads for a refresher course on what He will prefer me to be about.