TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I have heard that one too. Not only is it total nonsense to begin with....(and note that a supposedly gay KJ did NOTHING to soften or eliminate the passages regarding homosexuality in the KJB) even if he was (just sayin' you know) ...who cares? He didn't write the KJ translation he merely commissioned it.

So have pride in your Queen James Bible! It exists because a Homosexual King needed to bring the fighting Church of England and the Puritans together. Politics!

There is ample testimony from the King's day that leaves no doubt that he was a homosexual; something which people just did not commonly come right out and say in those days. 

My ad hominem is better than the ad hominem of the King James Only crowd! I am only using their standard at arriving at truth. But they don't like it, nor will they accept history when it goes against them!

God inspired the Alexandrian Text, and Queen James chose the Textus Receptus!

Edited by Jeff2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

So have pride in your Queen James Bible! It exists because a Homosexual King needed to bring the fighting Church of England and the Puritans together. Politics!

There is ample testimony from the King's day that leaves no doubt that he was a homosexual; something which people just did not commonly come right out and say in those days. 

My ad hominem is better than the ad hominem of the King James Only crowd! I am only using their standard at arriving at truth. But they don't like it, nor will they accept history when it goes against them!

Jeff there is no proof whatever that KJ was gay. A man who was a very devout Christian who once said that if he weren't king would have been perfectly happy to spend the rest of his life studying Christian literature at the Bodleian library . And the word homosexual wasn't even coined till the late 19th century.

Anybody who called KJ gay was a hater whose only job was to tarnish the KJB. The first instance of KJ being called gay was written no sooner than 25 years after his death. This was a report that largely went ignored because there were plenty of people still alive who could prove otherwise.

Most of the naysayers seem to focus on his homosexual tendencies that he had (assuming they were true) at 13 years old. Oh woe is me 13 years old, big freakin' deal. As if there weren't a lot of young boys who go through a stage like that (but eventually get over it).

I still find it very odd that a supposedly GAY KJ did nothing whatever to destroy the passages about homosexuality in the bible. Explain that.

And I just said too, even if any of the accusations were true, God did not commission KJ to WRITE the bible. KJ commissioned others to do so.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

Test:

Which one is true?

In the writings of the first generation of Church Fathers, many of which were disciples of an actual Apostle, used what they knew to be "Scripture." What Greek Source did they ALWAYS USE?

A text similar or identical to:

1) The Textus Receptus

2). The Alexandrian Text

3). The Western Text

Edited by Jeff2

According to actual FACT, what existing archeologically preserved texts that exist today, how many of the full Texts that exist before the 4th century are Alexandrian Texts, and how many are Byzantine Texts?

1). 100% Alexandrian

2). 100% Byzantine

3). The Vast Majority Alexandrian, no Byzantine

4. The vast majority Byzantine, and no Alexandrian

Edited by Jeff2

Jeff there is no proof whatever that KJ was gay. A man who was a very devout Christian who once said that if he weren't king would have been perfectly happy to spend the rest of his life studying Christian literature at the Bodleian library . And the word homosexual wasn't even coined till the late 19th century.

I'm sorry, but it is easy to look online and see the evidence. If you choose to base your argument on the inability to peer over the wall of prejudice that you have erected, I cannot help you.

Holding a man in your arms in a park and kissing him has a name, whether or not they used the term we have today.

Edited by Jeff2

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

According to actual FACT, what existing archeologically preserved texts that exist today, how many of the full Texts that exist before the 4th century are Alexandrian Texts, and how many are Byzantine Texts?

1). 100% Alexandrian

2). 100% Byzantine

3). The Vast Majority Alexandrian, no Byzantine

4. The vast majority Byzantine, and no Alexandrian

I have said it before and will say it again. God's word is infallible. God can also infallibly inspire men to commit His word to paper. Any errors in the best of texts used are completely irrelevant ones and are often nothing more than unimportant spelling errors.

God can and did infallibly inspire men to copy His word accurately, so that we know by faith that the Greek and Hebrew texts we have today are the very same words that existed in the original autographs.

The early Fathers themselves quoted so much of the NT you could practically write out the whole NT just by their quotes alone.

God can and DID infallibly inspire the KJ translators to use the best texts available.

The early Fathers themselves quoted so much of the NT you could practically write out the whole NT just by their quotes alone.

And... what Text type did they all quote from?

43 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Holding a man in your arms in a park and kissing him has a name, whether or not they used the term we have today.

You also clearly know nothing about Arab tradition. Havent you ever seen two Arab men greet each other? They kiss on both cheeks. The same traditions existed in the Middle East in ancient times.

The fact too that as I said already that David and Jonathan didn't SLEEP together, that alone completely blows out of the water the LGBT position that they were gay.

Judas kissed Jesus. Would you dare be so blasphemous as to call THEM gay?

1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

And... what Text type did they all quote from?

Most likely the original autographs or their closest copies.

The SAME works we have today

You seem to be to be very much a doubter of the Word. Otherwise you could not doubt God's ability to transmit His word accurately throughout time.

You also clearly know nothing about Arab tradition.

you apparently do not know English tradition. James was not an Arab! How is a greeting with a kiss in Saudi Arabia different than cradling a man in your arms and repeatedly kissing him in a park? Well, the difference between Saudi Arabia and 17th Century England is the difference between being thrown off a tall building, or being mocked behind your back!