• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

I'm sorry, but it is easy to look online and see the evidence. If you choose to base your argument on the inability to peer over the wall of prejudice that you have erected, I cannot help you.

You also cant believe everything you read. I can find plenty of evidence myself that he wasn't gay

1 minute ago, Jeff2 said:

James was not an Arab!

What do you mean James? And I am not speaking of English tradition. I am speaking of middle Eastern mores, Saudi, Israeli, Syrian, Jordanian, whatever. They all follow the same traditions. And Middle Eastern Jews and Arabs are all Semites. My use of the term Arab is simply meant to be generic of the traditions of the whole area. Please don't nitpick, I hate that

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

You also cant believe everything you read. I can find plenty of evidence myself that he wasn't gay

And George Michaels was a woman's heartthrob until they caught him in a bathroom stall with another man!

We live in an age where homosexuality is for the most part accepted. George Michaels hid it. Imagine how in a Puritanical society where you could not use the word "sex" would muddle this in the most discrete of terms. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Anyone can believe everything they read.   Especially in some schools on earth - they limit what can be read or what can be thought to only what goes along with the school of thought they approve of.

Many groups on earth , one or a few huge groups (over a billion) ,  do this. (contrary to SCRIPTURE)

And... what Text type did they all quote from?

Most likely the original autographs or their closest copies.

The SAME works we have today

Edited by Jeff2

13 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

And George Michaels was a woman's heartthrob until they caught him in a bathroom stall with another man!

We live in an age where homosexuality is for the most part accepted. George Michaels hid it. Imagine how in a Puritanical society where you could not use the word "sex" would muddle this in the most discrete of terms. 

Listen do some real reading up on Middle Eastern traditions. You still are confusing what we see as sexual love and kissing with how Middle Eastern men simply greet each other.

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Anyone can believe everything they read.   Especially in some schools on earth - they limit what can be read or what can be thought to only what goes along with the school of thought they approve of.

Many groups on earth , one or a few huge groups (over a billion) ,  do this. (contrary to SCRIPTURE)

James absolutely worshipped his wife. Yes I know some gay men are married but they don't put their wives on a pedestal like KJ did. And there are many other things that KJ did that people love to twist around into thinking that he was engaging in gay sex but they were outright lies

https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/was_king_james_a_homosexual.html

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

Listen do some real reading up on Middle Eastern traditions. You still are confusing what we see as sexual love and kissing with how Middle Eastern men simply greet each other.

Perhaps you should listen and stay in context of the argument. Whatever tradition is in that Murderous Death-Cult, Islam, is of no importance to the conversation here.

2 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Perhaps you should listen and stay in context of the argument. Whatever tradition is in that Murderous Death-Cult, Islam, is of no importance to the conversation here.

I give up. You are the one who just isn't listening. I was speaking of traditions of the WHOLE Middle East which encompasses Judaism and Christianity. I will not answer you any longer. This is getting way off topic too.

You also haven't answered my challenge that you seem to be very much a doubter of God's word because you doubt that He can inspire men to accurately retransmit His word and lead the KJ translators to using the very best texts available.

you seem to be very much a doubter of God's word

I'm not the one that doubts God's word; I believe the Bible of Paul and the Apostles, not some corruption that has been added to, and amended to with passages that were never in the original.

Yea, Erasmus, your hero, added the last six verses of Revelation from the Latin Vulgate, because even his crappy late six scraps of a Byzantine text did not have it. They did not have the "best" manuscripts. In fact, most of the evidence we have today has been complied since then. We have older and older fragments that are unearthed, yet NONE of them agree with the King James!