• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

13 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Tell that to folks who lived in chernobyl area or around fukushima.

Nuclear energy has its own dangers, but as a whole it's still safer and cleaner, especially when the appropriate safety mechanisms are in place. 

According to Forbes, coal kills 10,000 people in the US each year. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

9 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Alternative energy has its drawbacks, besides the higher costs.

Solar energy is impeding plane travel. Pilots are frequently reporting that they are blinded by solar panels, especially those of solar farms. One solar farm in arizona keeps setting itself on fire. One drawback they do not tell you is that solar panels increase the temperatures by a couple of degrees locally. 

Wind turbines have been shown to alter major air currents, which can cause a change in climate. They also kill thousands of birds. They are also known to self combust due to friction. 

Tidal hydroelectric plants affect the local environment, which is a big problem for sensitive tidal zones. 

Nuclear energy ... fukushima, chernobyl, 3 mile island etc. Plus mining of uranium is quite ugly. Currently uranium mines have ore piles and tailings that are near public areas and not covered up, so that folks are exposed to them. One abandoned mine with exposed piles of ore I know of its only 200 feet from a state highway. 

Any energy source is going to have drawbacks. The question is finding the ones that have the least drawbacks, and those are all renewable sources. The number of birds killed by turbines pales in comparison to those killed by buildings or house cats. Pollution and climate change are worse for the environment than renewable sources. Hydroelectric plants and uranium mining can have a large negative impact on the environment, but even they're better than coal. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Tell that to folks who lived in chernobyl area or around fukushima.

Yes, my father in law worked in a nuclear plant and got leukemia :mellow:

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Tea Ess said:

A tour of a power plant would be interesting, but it's ultimately just anecdotal evidence. Any reliable study of coal is going to show it's a dirtier and more dangerous form of energy than renewable energy, which is getting more cost effective by the day. Even nuclear energy is cleaner than coal. 

Coal is not as dirty an energy source as the Left makes out.   Renewable energy is out.  It left with Obama.  This  country has been the greatest country earth with coal, natural gas and oil.  Always will be.  

• Group:  Advanced Member

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Coal is not as dirty an energy source as the Left makes out.   Renewable energy is out.  It left with Obama.  This  country has been the greatest country earth with coal, natural gas and oil.  Always will be.  

Renewable energy is still in use and always will be. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I respect and greatly appreciate our President. However, I can't say I'm thrilled about all that he's planning in this regard. I pray God it works out for the best. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Tea Ess said:

A tour of a power plant would be interesting, but it's ultimately just anecdotal evidence. Any reliable study of coal is going to show it's a dirtier and more dangerous form of energy than renewable energy, which is getting more cost effective by the day. Even nuclear energy is cleaner than coal. 

What anecdotal study? That comment that 99.98% of emissions from a coal plant is a fact-I didn't make that up. 

I'm not talking about a third world coal plant-those do burn dirty. But American coal plants? Extremely clean. My town is surrounded by 4 huge coal fired plants and 10 coal mines-and we enjoy some of the cleanest air in the country.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

I respect and greatly appreciate our President. However, I can't say I'm thrilled about all that he's planning in this regard. I pray God it works out for the best. 

Noodle, please!  Posting in yellow makes your words nearly impossible to read!

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

Any energy source is going to have drawbacks. The question is finding the ones that have the least drawbacks, and those are all renewable sources. The number of birds killed by turbines pales in comparison to those killed by buildings or house cats. Pollution and climate change are worse for the environment than renewable sources. Hydroelectric plants and uranium mining can have a large negative impact on the environment, but even they're better than coal. 

Where liberals need to focus their energy, if they really care about the environment, are in countries like China that have a real problem with pollution.  The US isn't perfect, but our problems with pollution pale in comparison to other countries that have real problems with air pollution and other pollution issues.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Where liberals need to focus their energy, if they really care about the environment, are in countries like China that have a real problem with pollution.  The US isn't perfect, but our problems with pollution pale in comparison to other countries that have real problems with air pollution and other pollution issues.

How American, lets focus on other nations issues and not our own.