• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It has to be connected to advancing  a political or social agenda.    You don't get to customize the definition to make it fit what you want it to fit.

Neither do you. White Supremacy is an agenda, and the act that started this thread was an act of terror. The Trump supporter who attacked the Canadian mosque and killed Muslims had a political agenda. He was a terrorist. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Hate crimes are not terrorism.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm going to go play video games now. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Neither do you. White Supremacy is an agenda, and the act that started this thread was an act of terror. The Trump supporter who attacked the Canadian mosque and killed Muslims had a political agenda. He was a terrorist. 

I am going by the FBI definition and you are trying to tweak it.  I am not talking about that the Canada incident.  We were talking about White Supremacists, and so you move the goal posts to talk about what everyone agrees was an act of terrorism.  

My point was that White Supremacists are not terrorists.  They are evil and they commit hate crimes not acts of terrorism.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm going to go play video games now. 

Hate crimes and terrorism are defined by different statutes.   Otherwise you could label any crime an act of terrorism.

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am going by the FBI definition and you are trying to tweak it.  I am not talking about that the Canada incident.  We were talking about White Supremacists, and so you move the goal posts to talk about what everyone agrees was an act of terrorism.  

My point was that White Supremacists are not terrorists.  They are evil and they commit hate crimes not acts of terrorism.

Going by the FBI's definition you yourself posted, acts of violence committed by the KKK to intimidate black people were acts of terrorism. The KKK had both political and social agendas and actively tried to achieve them through terror. 

So you agree the attack by the Trump supporter in Canada was terrorism? 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Tea Ess said:

Going by the FBI's definition you yourself posted, acts of violence committed by the KKK to intimidate black people were acts of terrorism. The KKK had both political and social agendas and actively tried to achieve them through terror. 

But you only cite part of the definition.   There has to be a coercion of an intended society or civilian population relative to a social or political goal/objective.

So you agree the attack by the Trump supporter in Canada was terrorism? 

Depends on why he did it.  If it meets the FBI definition then yes. 

The problem is that there is now a tendency to deflect from the fact that terrorists are almost always Muslims.   People are starting to broaden their definition of terrorism to include hate crimes.   And if they can find a hate crime committed by a white, non-Muslim, all the better.

It's just another misguided liberal attempt to refdefine terror and protect Muslims, particularly Muslim terrorists.

'The idea that most terrorists are Muslims is just part of the conservative agenda to demonize all Muslims. They're just trying to distract everyone from the evils committed by white people.' -that's what you sound like. Stop with the partisan nonsense. 

“the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate OR coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

The KKK used unlawful force against persons to intimidate a segment of the civilian population to further both political and social agendas. 

Yep, the mosque attack fits. I'm glad we can agree white Trump supporters can be terrorists too.

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, and it is such a small segment of the over-all population of the country as to be practically meaningless.  Except when the MSM brands someone as one and then keeps it in the news cycle as long as they can. 

No terrorism is meaningless.

Islamic terrorism is committed by a small set of Muslims as well. 

Guest BacKaran

I've never heard of the KKK killing black people in Africa or anywhere but the USA and Canada. If the KKK were killing outside this country it's terrorism. Muslams are almost always born outside the USA although that is changing and there are usa home grown muslam terrorists.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Tea Ess said:

'The idea that most terrorists are Muslims is just part of the conservative agenda to demonize all Muslims.

No, it's actually true.  

They're just trying to distract everyone from the evils committed by white people.' -that's what you sound like. Stop with the partisan nonsense. 

That part is not what I sound like.   That is just your spin on what I said.   But the truth is that Islam is the only religion that liberals will defend and they defend it even though non-terrorist Muslims murder gays, rape and molest children, stone said rape victims and then murder Muslims that convert to other religions.    Islam stands for everything that Liberals oppose, but Liberals rush to their defense, nonetheless.

“the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate OR coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

The KKK used unlawful force against persons to intimidate a segment of the civilian population to further both political and social agendas. 

Yep, the mosque attack fits. I'm glad we can agree white Trump supporters can be terrorists too.

No, if it wasn't an attempt to coerce the government of Canada or the people of Canada, it was not an act of terrorism.  It was just a hate crime.