• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Why is everybody looking at the bottom dollar when it has to do with a child's well being?

What would you do if it were your kid? We've went through 2 wars and a massive bailout that didn't benefit much on either side.  I don't know how much money went poof over these issues and now we are talking about this because President Trump is president.  sorry, but that's outlandish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Why is everybody looking at the bottom dollar when it has to do with a child's well being?

Well why would moving to the White House damage a child's well being?  :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

actually moving in the middle of a school year is a BIG consideration for most parents, its only questioned apparently, if your last name is "Trump" 

As far as security, its really not that much more. In fact, like I said, its miniscule. The secret service-which provides the VAST MAJORITY of the security, are paid the exact same-regardless of where they are at. Sure, there are some local assets used-but the secret service doesnt rely on those, because its more difficult to vet them and creates a security breach. Face it, had this been anyone who was a "democrat" doing this, not a single news agency would even bother reporting it.

12 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well why would moving to the White House damage a child's well being?  :blink:

Moving to another school in the middle of a School year. Taking him away from the friends and the familiarity.  does have an effect on kids. Any kid.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Moving to another school in the middle of a School year. Taking him away from the friends and the familiarity.  does have an effect on kids. Any kid.

My daughter moved to 3 different schools in 1 year because of our living arrangements at the time.  And no one went insane. Well I may have but she was okay. :P   I'm not going to spend much time on this topic. Just wanted to say what I thought and move on. 

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

My daughter moved to 3 different schools in 1 year because of our living arrangements at the time.  And no one went insane. Well I may have but she was okay. :P   I'm not going to spend much time on this topic. Just wanted to say what I thought and move on. 

I am sure that Melania knows her child better than the rest of us and has some pretty good reasons for the decisions she makes for him.   She is a mother first, before she is the First Lady.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I am sure that Melania knows her child better than the rest of us and has some pretty good reasons for the decisions she makes for him.   She is a mother first, before she is the First Lady.

They can spend their own money then.  No need for tax payers to foot the bill.  I do find it quite amazing at the defense of this over 100k a day spending spree.  The young fella is not going to die from moving in the middle of the school year. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, ruck1b said:

They can spend their own money then.  No need for tax payers to foot the bill.  I do find it quite amazing at the defense of this over 100k a day spending spree.  The young fella is not going to die from moving in the middle of the school year. 

Their security is paid the same amount no matter where they are.  If they were at the White House they would get paid the same amount.

She knows her child better than you do, and is capable of making decisions on what is best for him without anyone else's input or opinions.   We didn't tell the Obama's how to raise their kids, or what was good for them.

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Never said insanity. I was speaking of the disruption of changing friends, teachers and schools. All this has a detrimental effect of kids because the only thing they have in the world is their parents and the security of a stable homelife, which a school is aprt of.

I don't know about your situation and I wouldn't comment about it even if I did.

It's an honor knowing you and a privileged to call you friend. Everything else is beyond my business. I wish you and you family a blessed day.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Their security is paid the same amount no matter where they are.  If they were at the White House they would get paid the same amount.

She knows her child better than you do, and is capable of making decisions on what is best for him without anyone else's input or opinions.   We didn't tell the Obama's how to raise their kids, or what was good for them.

Well they can do it on their dime if they don't want opinions. 

Also, no its not the same amount.  Much like if I had a security system in two homes I would be paying twice what I pay for one.  Good attempt tho