• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Indeed she is.  People don't realize how much scrutiny First Ladies get for EVERYTHING; their clothes, their hair, what they say, where they go.  Ugh!  I wouldn't want it myself.

People are scrutinized for that which others think is most important to their target. It's a classic strawman attack done on cultural values historically attributed to the individual person. The thing in all this is to not describe it as sexism, because that only cuts off dialog and leaves the underlying intent to fester and grow into another form of attack.. What will work is to remove the potency of the attack by removing that which can be hurt by such an attack. Humility is the only true defense against those who attack on the bases of self esteem.

When a person dodges a blow by not being victimized by it they make the attacker the impotent one, not oneself. 

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, worthy said:

IKR!!, Neither would I. I would get in trouble for speaking my mind.

I Agree!!

So do I.

I agree. 

I like her accent.

LOL probably not many!

Adults don't get into trouble. Kids get into trouble. Adults get themselves into situations that how they react to it determines their character.

I don't really think it is sexist to goosestep after the path that the fashion industry, the cosmetic industry and the advertisement and entertainment industry have plastered across the airwaves since the dawn of modern society.

I don't see any reason to utilize the terminology of the left for anything, because in doing that you give it legs that it can use to walk on you.  Their is a reason who the world looks at itself the way it does and it isn't the fault of either women or men. It's the fault of Satan, as he knows our classic vulnerabilities and he has had 1000's of years to perfect his craft. What matters is for us not to be a classic male or female, but a child of God and not subject to the hurts the world throws at us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

Adults don't get into trouble. Kids get into trouble. Adults get themselves into situations that how they react to it determines their character.

Cm, Its a figure of speech.

Guest shiloh357
15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Indeed she is.  People don't realize how much scrutiny First Ladies get for EVERYTHING; their clothes, their hair, what they say, where they go.  Ugh!  I wouldn't want it myself.

Yes, just imagine Wolf Blitzer on CNN:   "Breaking News:  First Lady, Morning Glory, was seen today eating pizza with a fork. Domino's CEO J. Patrick Doyle will being joining us later this hour to discuss this rather disturbing development and what it effect will have on the self-image of those who eat pizza by simply picking it up with their hands.  Should First Lady  Morning Glory be more conscious of how her  role and how her consumption of pizza effects the well-being of other Americans and will there need to be sensitivity training required for those who eat pizza with a fork?"

Just now, worthy said:

Cm, Its a figure of speech.

I know, but someone used that on me and I thought it was rather interesting to look at our inner thoughts as to what references we use. 

It seemed to me that when I used it it made me feel like I was some kind of a rebel that thought it outstanding to get people so upset at my words. It dawned on me that I might be anticipating the reactions of others and in some way being as prejudicial as I assumed they would be.  The more I think about it the more I see that in today's world and look at it as a personal failure when I've fallen in that mindset.

I will be glad when this world ends and we will be free of it's poisons.

1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

I know, but someone used that on me and I thought it was rather interesting to look at our inner thoughts as to what references we use. 

It seemed to me that when I used it it made me feel like I was some kind of a rebel that thought it outstanding to get people so upset at my words. It dawned on me that I might be anticipating the reactions of others and in some way being as prejudicial as I assumed they would be.  The more I think about it the more I see that in today's world and look at it as a personal failure when I've fallen in that mindset.

I will be glad when this world ends and we will be free of it's poisons.

It didn't make me feel like that. I just know that I wouldn't last to long. I would be too blunt for some people especially with this PC garbage.

So will I!

1 minute ago, worthy said:

It didn't make me feel like that. I just know that I wouldn't last to long. I would be too blunt for some people especially with this PC garbage.

So will I!

sexism is pc.

2 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

sexism is pc.

And this means?

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, just imagine Wolf Blitzer on CNN:   "Breaking News:  First Lady, Morning Glory, was seen today eating pizza with a fork. Domino's CEO J. Patrick Doyle will being joining us later this hour to discuss this rather disturbing development and what effect it will have on the self-image of those who eat pizza by simply picking it up with their hands.  Should First Lady  Morning Glory be more conscious of how her  role and how her consumption of pizza effects the well-being of other Americans and will there need to be sensitivity training required for those who eat pizza with a fork?"

:24: You would make a good journalist.

Just now, worthy said:

And this means?

Isn't this the reason for the discussion here. It's the reaction that people get from people other than the reason why people react in the first place.