MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The first official portrait of First Lady Melania Trump was unveiled yesterday.  Very nice; she's a beautiful lady.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/politics/melania-trump-white-house-portrait/index.html

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

The first official portrait of First Lady Melania Trump was unveiled yesterday.  Very nice; she's a beautiful lady.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/politics/melania-trump-white-house-portrait/index.html

She's a very beautiful lady. That's a nice portrait.

6 hours ago, worthy said:

She's a very beautiful lady. That's a nice portrait.

Yes, I agree.  But the haters are already tearing it apart on social media and in the press.    Just like with Michele Obama, the FLOTUS isn't elected and nasty comments directed at her, whoever she may be, are just plain hateful.  Michele was heavily criticized as well along with Barbara Bush and it really makes me angry because it's always about their looks.  No one criticizes males that way.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, I agree.  But the haters are already tearing it apart on social media and in the press.    Just like with Michele Obama, the FLOTUS isn't elected and nasty comments directed at her, whoever she may be, are just plain hateful.  Michele was heavily criticized as well along with Barbara Bush and it really makes me angry because it's always about their looks.  No one criticizes males that way.

I expect it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Very nice portrait of our First Lady. She is a beautiful woman.

Guest shiloh357
58 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I saw an interview with her and she is pretty down to earth.   Initially, she was opposed to Trump running because she was happy with the way things were at the time.   She didn't want to be First Lady, but she supports Donald 100% now that he is president.     Even with her modeling experience, she prefers to stay out of the limelight and remain in the background and be a wife and mother.    She said that despite her role as First Lady, her first commitment is to be a mother to her son.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I saw an interview with her and she is pretty down to earth.   Initially, she was opposed to Trump running because she was happy with the way things were at the time.   She didn't want to be First Lady, but she supports Donald 100% now that he is president.     Even with her modeling experience, she prefers to stay out of the limelight and remain in the background and be a wife and mother.    She said that despite her role as First Lady, her first commitment is to be a mother to her son.

As it should be and I admire the FLOTUS for trying to stay out of the spotlight.  I also admired Michele Obama for saying she was a mother first and everything else second.  That is how God wants it to be.

32 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Very nice portrait of our First Lady. She is a beautiful woman.

Indeed she is.  People don't realize how much scrutiny First Ladies get for EVERYTHING; their clothes, their hair, what they say, where they go.  Ugh!  I wouldn't want it myself.

1 hour ago, worthy said:

I expect it.

So do I but I think it's unfair and sexist to pound on womens' looks the way society does.  We have BRAINS too!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

So do I but I think it's unfair and sexist to pound on womens' looks the way society does.  We have BRAINS too!

Yeah, but those brains keep us from having our way with you easily, so we don't put a lot of stock in that part....  brains don't cook and wash dishes and such, so what good are they.....

Just my old redneck past creeping out LoL.....  don't tell my wife...