• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

I have actually been  with men when they have said they didn't want to meet a woman in the room because she wasn't 'all that'.  Never mind that said man, at least one, didn't have enough looks to fill a thimble himself.   I know that all humans do this but men do it more than we do.

Lol! I can just picture that. I think men do a lot of "rating" out of ten ...but women (many many women) will say things quietly to her friend, "I wouldn't have worn that dress if I were her." ....things like that - I hear it daily and do it myself...its automatic.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

There are many men who want a trophy on their arm. They want other people to see what they can get. The woman's outer beauty is all that matters to them. God can bless a woman to be born beautiful. It all depends on what she is going to do with that.

I think a smile can make anyone beautiful:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, HisFirst said:

Lol! I can just picture that. I think men do a lot of "rating" out of ten ...but women (many many women) will say things quietly to her friend, "I wouldn't have worn that dress if I were her." ....things like that - I hear it daily and do it myself...its automatic.

I admit I do it too sometimes but I TRY not to.  People are more than how they look and I slap myself mentally when I catch mytself being judgmental.   And I've heard men rating women on the one to ten scale with my own ears.  I've never cared what people think of my looks; I have a saying I got from someone long ago...."If you don't like what you're looking at, give your eyes a rest and look somewhere else."  You have to say that with attitude for it to work.  :D

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I've never cared what people think of my looks; I have a saying I got from someone long ago...."If you don't like what you're looking at, give your eyes a rest and look somewhere else."  You have to say that with attitude for it to work.  :D

Lol, true!

I really believe that if father's told their daughters from day one how gorgeous and beautiful they were, they  wouldn't end up as women seeking mens approval in looks and body image - she would already be confident in the knowledge that she is beautiful and worthy - because dad said so !

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Lol, true!

I really believe that if father's told their daughters from day one how gorgeous and beautiful they were, they  wouldn't end up as women seeking mens approval in looks and body image - she would already be confident in the knowledge that she is beautiful and worthy - because dad said so !

That's the key right there. If a girl is told when she is young by her father that she is beautiful. When she becomes a woman she won't have to worry about what people say or think about how she dresses or looks. She will have already had that security drilled into her from a young age by her father that she's beautiful.

My father told me everyday that I was beautiful,pretty,and gorgeous. That's the only person that I needed to hear it from. Now I don't trying to prove my worth or how beautiful I am by how I dress and how I look.  Because my father told me I was.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

28 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

"If you don't like what you're looking at, give your eyes a rest and look somewhere else."  You have to say that with attitude for it to work.  :D

I like it! :emot-highfive:

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

I like it! :emot-highfive:

;)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I admit I do it too sometimes but I TRY not to.  People are more than how they look and I slap myself mentally when I catch mytself being judgmental.   And I've heard men rating women on the one to ten scale with my own ears.  I've never cared what people think of my looks; I have a saying I got from someone long ago...."If you don't like what you're looking at, give your eyes a rest and look somewhere else."  You have to say that with attitude for it to work.  :D

I think women judge other women. Men have a different mentality. Men look at women differently than women look at each other. Women can be mean and catty.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

46 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

I think a smile can make anyone beautiful:)

I have known beautiful women who really did not realize they are beautiful. They are a rare breed but occasionally you can find them. Especially a woman who is a born again Christian and is not focused on her outward looks but on Christ.

42 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think women judge other women. Men have a different mentality. Men look at women differently than women look at each other. Women can be mean and catty.

I know.  I try not to be that way but don't always succeed.