• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I have some experience with loneliness.

I have no friends I can touch or speak to, I never had any girlfriend, I work at home where I'm alone most of the time.

It always a big hurdle for me, as I had to learn how to deal with that too. I didn't know how to deal with those thoughts that lead me to depression constantly.

Things changed after I started knowing Jesus, then I learned how to live the way I am supposed to live.

Today, I know I can trust in Him and I kind of discovered that I just have to live my life to please Him, live for Him. Then I'm always happy.

And I do not let any thoughts let me sad anymore, I would just put my trust in the Lord and do what I can or have to do.

My life and future is in His hands, I have no reason to worry, He takes care of me.

And today I am happy. Thanks to God!

I see this is your first post: Welcome! :laugh:

This is a great post, member whose username is too long to copy.  And welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/6/2017 at 6:10 AM, nigel said:

How to deal with loneliness 

We all find our way through this to some degree but the biggest caveat is dwelling on it. Finding ways to shift thinking about it can become very productive.

It's like when a person tries to quit smoking they many times smoke more because they are dwelling on it.

Emotions are easily provoked and manipulated either by outside means or our own thinking or both. Music, movies, TV you name it can bring us to laughter then tears then anger all within a few minutes. We just need to find ways in the wisdom of knowing ourselves to keep from dwelling on something that will dig a deeper pit by the minute.

The last bout of loneliness I dealt with had me sitting on the couch starting to feel sorry and when I recognized what was happening I stood up looked thru the kitchen shelves and saw a recipe on the back of a baking soda box for chocolate, pecan, cranberry cookies and I happened to have what I needed so I made them. Just looking to see if I had the ingredients wiped away the lonely pangs. It does get easier to shift direction and find things to busy one self with.

As believers we know this place is temporary and not our home in the larger eternal scheme of things. On a smaller temporal scale the wilderness experience is a place God produces character in whatever ways and means as He wills for a purpose He predetermined for us.  You have a future that is glorious no matter what pain or hardship you may endure. Being alone is temporary and a great time to reflect, question and dream. Don't waste it feeling miserable. Fight and bake some bread.

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/6/2017 at 6:10 AM, nigel said:

How to deal with loneliness 

Hi and welcome.

I "think" men may be more prone to loneliness than women. Even in a crowd men can be lonely. And a sense of depression can come over one more quickly in  a busy place of lots of people than it does when in more serene surroundings. So I sense that loneliness is a mindset more than a physical environment.

Loneliness feeds upon itself too. I believe it starts with a feeling of depression first, then  comes a sense of loneliness.

Famous and popular individuals even in Christianity* have suffered depression and loneliness. It need be recognized as a hard thing to suffer, and not such an uncommon emotion. Each of us that feel lonely may not find relief in simply being with people, for that  is not the problem.

What may be the problem is a lack of awareness of others, their plights, their own fears and needs, plus perhaps even a lack of caring about others - in details about them anyway.

If I work at caring about someone, it too feeds upon itself. I then notice attributes about that person or those people, that I did not have awareness of before. I become interested in them in more  detail. I ask them directly  are you doing well today? How is your mom, -etc? And then I make it a point of asking God  to allow me to remember to pray for that person's situation, whether it be health  or just their fun with their grandkid.

I end up with a prayer list   prayers of intercession in nature, and I care. I actually care! Plus eventually I find a relationship or even a bond forms between a very few of us over time.

Then I find I too must open up, reveal myself in my own sharing of needs for prayer and of the good things of my life too. Perhaps that is a key, for if I hold all things to myself tightly, I do deny the saints in Christ  the privilege from God to offer prayer for me.

So be aware of others - ask them what their needs are- make a prayer  list - share of personal needs too! 

Let's pray about it shall we?

Father please hear my plea, my plea that several on this  Worthy Christian message board will seek and find others, including someone by entity name to be in prayer for before God, interceding  through Jesus by the Holy Spirit's calling that many will come to care about each other, ask about each other and share with  about our own prayer needs, that we may be companions in the cause of Christ Jesus and His gospel.

* As example, see the story of Charles Spurgeon and his suffering of depression and loneliness

BTW - my own personal story includes  a long term awareness of a cyber entity, as just that a cyber entity, that one day became awareness of the person behind the entity, as the Holy Spirit led two of us together. Neither were seeking such a thing, but it happened.  We  are now husband and wife.

Oddly we are now seeking a place of retreat, to spend time away from the hubbub and noises of company and city,- and to a place to be alone together  for a rest and for study of our Lord. We are looking for something in near proximity  to The  Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove.

If you will pray  for us,  I ask that you include prayer for our travels in our search, and that we do find such a place to be lead by God the Holy Spirit in our lives.

How might we be in prayer for you in addition to learning ways to handle loneliness?

Thanks.

Edited by Neighbor