• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Giller said:

I would tie in Roman Catholicism more with the whore of Revelation.

Oh most definitely, she is. But the Church of Thyatira too is the church of Rome as well, at least according to some minds

Guest Judas Machabeus
10 minutes ago, Giller said:

The Roman Catholic church never existed at that time (time of Thyatira).

I don't mean to derail the thread so I'll just ask the one question. 

When did the Roman Catholic Church come into existence?

Guest Judas Machabeus
31 minutes ago, Giller said:

There were things leading up towards that, but Constantine is the one that merged paganism, and Christianity so called, together to form Roman Catholicism.

Different people say different times in history so I was curious as to when you dated it. Thanks

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, inchrist said:

This thread is a conplete disgrace and shows nothing more than Christian styled xenophobia. I am truly disgusted.

I would suggest you all have a hard look at this picture below of these true worrers of Christ (coptic Egyptian Christians beheaded) who never denounced Christ and died for Christ....

One of the victims wife had this to say.

One wife said that her husband "kept the faith, and was martyred in the name of Christ. His faith was very strong. I'm proud of him. He has lifted our heads up and honored us and all the Christians."

images-3.jpg

Amen!!

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Davida said:

That is just libel and slander. Show me where there were any "attacks" towards a people?   show me where "hatred" is expressed towards "Persons" that are foreign? the only thing I read was concern about the false doctrine of their Church.

Why are you quoting me and saying this to me?? I didn't write the post you are referencing. Perhaps quote the person that wrote the post and take up your issues with him. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Davida said:

sorry Judas I was correcting it when you posted .

lol no worries

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, inchrist said:

How  about starting with the title of the thread, which  is completely  slanderous  to the martyrs and to their families.....

Then post how they need to be evangelised because they arnth christians

I can tell you one thing, how about learning a lesson or two from the coptic Egyptians when it comes to martyrdom for Christ. 

If they don't believe the true Gospel, they are not biblical, authentic followers of Jesus.   There is nothing slanderous to the martyrs and there is no such thing as salvation by martyrdom.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Davida said:

Right off the bat , you are angry and disrespectful to me. Your reactiveness is just your own aggression. I decided to edit my post as not to not fuel what I see as just overly reactive responses.

I don't want to speak for him but I didn't get the impression he was speaking directly to you. He did say the thread .....

also editing a post after the fact is kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out. 

Just my thought

Cheers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

How  about starting with the title of the thread, which  is completely  slanderous  to the martyrs and to their families.....

Then post how they need to be evangelised because they arnth christians

I can tell you one thing, how about learning a lesson or two from the coptic Egyptians when it comes to martyrdom for Christ. 

Inchrist,

The thread to me appeared to be about the Coptic doctrines, not about the people who were killed.  Of course, we all acknowledge that was unjust and a tragedy. 

Maybe there was a better way to have entered into a discussion about Coptic doctrines, but if you read the entire thread, you will see the conversation branching out to discuss who are true Christians. 

We all know ISIS is bad and they do bad things and innocent people die because of these bad people. That was never what this thread was about. I hope this helps a bit.

spock 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I didn't see anything slanderous about the title, I wouldn't assume anyone is a Christian until I personally got to know them.

Martyrdom is noble and their example moved me, but I can't learn all that much when it comes to martyrdom except people are standing firm for their convictions.  There were many JWs that were martyred under Hitler, should that move me to p/u a Watchtower?

I wonder how many "Christian" Crusaders who died trying to free Jerusalem are popping open the bubbly stuff in Heaven.