• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I have been studying Daniel 11 and am trying to understand its meaning in light of current events and I was wondering if anyone would like to take a stab at trying to give a "play by play" of the events in Daniel 11 and relate them to current events? We have a lot of speculation on here about the coming events and who will be who, etc., but I am not seeing anyone taking a practical approach to this by dissecting Daniel 11 and seeing if all the pieces fit to whatever scenario you think is correct.

For instance, we have entertained the notion that Bashar Assad might be the Antichrist, but does he fit Daniel 11, the whole chapter, meaning he is not royalty and he took his position by intrigue and the person before him was not anything more than a "tax collector" trying to maintain the image of royalty? Does Saddam or Osama or Salona fit the description in chapter 11 (the whole chapter)? They would have to have succeeded their throne by intrigue and would not have inherited it or they would not have been elected to it and the person before them would have not have been a strong ruler but would have been just maintaining the "image" of royalty. So does anyone fit that?

Perhaps we are presently at vs 18 and the Antichrist is someone we have not even thought of or we don't even know about. If God comes through and causes major disasters that could wipe out a good portion of the earth, we don't know who will be left. He may wipe out all of our candidates and have some unknown person rise to power because of the lack of leadership and a need to have a strong leader. Well, here is the passage. I am quoting it from the New Living Translation just to give it a new perspective. Feel free to use whatever translation you prefer. Would anyone want to take a stab at this?

"The king of the south will increase in power, but one of this king

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Christ's Free Servant,

I would suggest you obtain a good commentary on Daniel.

For the most part, verses 1-35 of chapter 11 are describing events that have already taken place. They were so accurately foretold that some doubt the authenticity of Daniel. These events referred to the rise of Alexander in Greece, the division into four parts after his death, the rise of Antiochus Epiphanes and his battles with Egypt, and his dealings with the Jews in Jerusalem.

From verse 36 to 12:3 the events are prophetic. Again, I recommend a good commentary such as that by Walvoord & Zuck but any commentary, and there are many in public domain, will be helpful. You will find a lot of folks giving their own interpretation of these verses so beware. Do your own study from reliable sources.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, I agree with OT. Most events in this chapter have already been fulfilled (I am going by what most comentaries say)

It is also believed that from around 40-45 has not been fulfilled yet.

I tried to study this years ago, but the Lord never revealed it to me.

Look for a commentary on this and mix this with prayer...it's a very interesting chapter.

God bless!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Chapter 9 of Daniel gives us some hints with regard to the anti-christ. The way I read it, it looks like the anti-christ will come from the territory that made up the Roman Empire and will be the one to spearhead a treaty of some kind with Isreal. Just a thought to ponder :12:

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I have copied your comments over to a Word document and will print them off for a more detailed reading later, since I am about to go have lunch with my husband.

Someone directed me to Daniel 11 a while ago, and I have been reading it and have been trying to understand it and I keep hearing all of these theories about who is who and when is when and so I thought if someone could support their theories based upon the reading of Daniel, that we would perhaps have a more viable theory to go on.

When I have studied your comments, I will get back with you. Again, thanks so much, and I'm still open to more thougts on this subject if anyone else wants to join in.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

For the most part, verses 1-35 of chapter 11 are describing events that have already taken place. They were so accurately foretold that some doubt the authenticity of Daniel. These events referred to the rise of Alexander in Greece, the division into four parts after his death, the rise of Antiochus Epiphanes and his battles with Egypt, and his dealings with the Jews in Jerusalem.

From verse 36 to 12:3 the events are prophetic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Old Timer,

Very close, but yet so far. You're correct in saying much has been fulfilled, however, history has and will be repeating itself again. To understand this, go back and read chapter 8, paying very close attention starting at verse 17.

I wouldn't be so quick to close chapter 11 just yet, especially starting at vs. 20 or 21 :emot-hug:

Daniel's 4th beast will have a dual fulfillment, as we can already see it reviving. Then too, Israel is already back in their land. Seems like old times again to me. It's almost like de'ja vu! :whistling:

Hi Old Timer,

Very close, but yet so far.  You're correct in saying much has been fulfilled, however, history has and will be repeating itself again.  To understand this, go back and read chapter 8, paying very close attention starting at verse 17.

I wouldn't be so quick to close chapter 11 just yet, especially starting at vs. 20 or 21 :emot-hug:

Daniel's 4th beast will have a dual fulfillment, as we can already see it reviving.  Then too, Israel is already back in their land.  Seems like old times again to me.  It's almost like de'ja vu! :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you interpret verses 20-21? See, I was seeing that we were around verse 18 now. I have been getting this strong sense that we are going to be under attack again very soon by terrorists. I believe the Lord has been showing me this in my reading of scripture, as revealed by the power of the Holy Spirit. I don't know this stuff from an intellectual standpoint through much study, but I do believe God is revealing it to me by his Holy Spirit. But, since I lack much knowledge of this subject, I feel it is prudent to see if what I believe he is showing me fits. The fact that you think we could be as far back as verses 20-21 says that what I am sensing from the Holy Spirit is perhaps on target.

Hi Old Timer,

Very close, but yet so far.  You're correct in saying much has been fulfilled, however, history has and will be repeating itself again.  To understand this, go back and read chapter 8, paying very close attention starting at verse 17.

Daniel's 4th beast will have a dual fulfillment, as we can already see it reviving.  Then too, Israel is already back in their land.  Seems like old times again to me.  It's almost like de'ja vu! :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another thought - GWBush is greatly hated by much of the world now, so I wonder if he fits the king who is hated by the world? I really think he fits and that the USA fits in there. It would not take much a stretch of the imagination to think that we could very soon be under attack by Syria, N. Korea, Iran or numerous other countries who hate our guts right now. Things are really heating up and I believe they are ready to explode very soon. Be watching and praying!!