• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

I'm new to fellowship. I don't go to church though I would like to. I don't know what it's like to have christian friends. I've been doing this on my own and I get lonely. I just want normal fellowship.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,827
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well, welcome here! It may be cyber, but it is fellowship, or can be.

As to a Christian church for fellowship, boy that  is a hard one. For there is  so much variance in what fellowship is amongst  differing local bodies of Christ Jesus. Church leaders and church programs  do not make for fellowship, they make  for opportunity  for service, and in service one may then  build fellowship with a few anyway.

At the local body I attend there is an early morning men's  meeting that  makes for accountability partners, verse memorization, along with study of an aspect of life commonly faced by men, and the Biblical  applications of these issues. And there fellowship occurs. All are not from our own local body  of Christ,  not all are churched even, but all have accountability and opportunity to build upon fellowship.

May I suggest  an addition or alternative opportunity?

Ask of God to place you with some service oriented members of a local body of Christ Jesus, some group that does missionary  or other ministry within a local body of Christ- there  I think you will find opportunity for some close fellowship.

I too find it very hard to have fellowship with many people, though I am friend-ly and pray with and for several within the larger body.

Where I have my very best time is with a Thursday morning group that comes in to work the church grounds and school grounds.  They work hard some  nine acres of lots and trees and plants. It never ends,- the work needed.   There is a lot  of sweating in 90 degree heat,  lots of a sense of accomplishment, and  then a time to just sit share -  talk - chatte - jokes  and learning of each others need, and prayer.

It is a true coming together of bond-servants from many walks of life, a fellowship.

I pray that you will be led, so please ask of the Holy Spirit, to a place where fellowship does flourish, and that there you will find company that strengthens your faith and blesses you with comfort in our Lord Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor

I'm the only christian in my immediate family and they don't like talking about the bible. I mention Jesus and they treat me like I'm crazy.

18 minutes ago, Absolem said:

I'm the only christian in my immediate family and they don't like talking about the bible. I mention Jesus and they treat me like I'm crazy.

Yes! I am the crazy Christian in my family too. Once you are saved by  the mercy and grace of Jesus  you are the enemy of His enemy. Our unsaved family members may want to love us, but hey we are different. We have the Holy Spirit indwelling within us. It would also be different if it were always so. But it wasn't. We changed, and just like the drinking buddies of the person that goes on the wagon to never drink alcohol again, we make our old friends a bit edgy, uncomfortable, and they await us to fail or fall from what they see as a perch we have set ourselves up on.

They do not realize  how it is that we changed, which was not of our own accord, but  that something absolutely awesome that  happened to us. The Holy Spirit of God turned us about from our sin against God to our  servanthood to him. Not only that, but to  our willing servitude for His Glory. We became bond-servants of Jesus. We do not want to be free of our servitude. They do not have ability in the natural flesh of man to comprehend, and so they do fear, much as we once did also, even mocking and in some cases hating what we have become. it is to be expected.

We are to share of Jesus with the world and that means our family and friends too as they allow. We will do what Jesus wills for us. The world did not love Him, and He is what we serve.

Edited by Neighbor

I've learned to deal and combat the persecution gracefully thank the Lord, but that doesn't mean I don't want to talk about Jesus. They talk about this and that and that's fine I love them but they just don't understand. Jesus is alive and he saves! I can't think of anything else worthy enough to get my full attention like God.

Amen. We live in the world, but we are not of it. It is painful to have family  especially that do not know salvation. But that is how it is. We simply have ability to bring prayer that the Holy Spirit will intercede in their life too.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Absolem said:

I'm new to fellowship. I don't go to church though I would like to. I don't know what it's like to have christian friends. I've been doing this on my own and I get lonely. I just want normal fellowship.

Magic mushrooms in your avatar? 

Many Christians find fellowship on-line. There are forums wherein there is peace and harng those who have fellowship in Christ. If you PM me I'll give you a link or two to such sites. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'm disabled and can't get to church like I did when I was healthy.  I belong to a Bible study now, but for quite a while, I wasn't able to fellowship with anybody at all.  So I know what that loneliness can feel like.  When you love the Lord you just want to talk about him and the Bible with other people who understand.  That's why online forums are important.  They can help with that need if we can't do it face to face.

However, if you're a new Christian, you really need to have personal fellowship with others.  I was secure enough in the Lord that I was capable of growing in him in spite of my being pretty much a shut-in.  However, I think it's harder when you are just newly-born as a believer.  You need others to help you grow in your knowledge and for accountability purposes.

I always think about that comparison of Christians with coals in a fire.  Many coals will burn brightly for a long time.  One coal will go cold pretty quickly on its own.  You want to keep burning as someone on fire for the Lord and fellowship will help that happen.

I would suggest just going to different churches in your neighbourhood.  Check out their websites and look particularly at their "what we believe" page so you know you're getting a Bible-believing church that preaches Jesus correctly.  Then just go and listen to a sermon, meet a few people, see what opportunities they have for you to get involved in a Bible study, make an appointment to talk to the pastor or ask to have an elder visit you at your home.  Don't pick the first one.  Visit several and compare. 

I'm an introvert so that was something that was always a challenge for me whenever I moved -- going to a place where I was a stranger.  But pray about it -- let the Lord lead you to a church family.  It can only bless you.

Edited by daughterofGrace
added information

18 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Amen. We live in the world, but we are not of it. It is painful to have family  especially that do not know salvation. But that is how it is. We simply have ability to bring prayer that the Holy Spirit will intercede in their life too.

I pray like crazy for them and for me. I trust the Lord will use me to show them how much he loves them. Just gotta be patient and strong in the Lord.

Do you have siblings?

Edited by Absolem

14 minutes ago, Fridaywinds said:

Magic mushrooms in your avatar? 

Many Christians find fellowship on-line. There are forums wherein there is peace and harng those who have fellowship in Christ. If you PM me I'll give you a link or two to such sites. 

I like colors.

I was apart of one such community but got banned. I'd rather not get into details. I'd explain through pm if you care to know but yeah didn't go over well. I'm glad to have found this site.