IGNORED

Ex-DOJ official spills beans on why Comey had to go

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

While the media and politicians from both parties look for deeper reasons for President Trump’s firing of FBI Director James B. Comey, a former Justice Department official says the decision was long overdue and needed for obvious reasons.

Former Deputy Assistant Attorney General Victoria Toensing told WND and Radio America she and others in the justice and law-enforcement community urged Trump to dismiss Comey from Day 1.

“It just came too late, 109 days too late. Those of us in the swamp knew who the alligators were in the swamp, and we all tried to warn the White House, and they didn’t listen to us,” said Toensing, who also served as a federal prosecutor.

And why did they implore President Trump to fire him?

“Comey was a narcissist,” she said. “It was all about Comey, and he delighted in wanting to bring down powerful people if they were Republicans.”

(snip)

On Tuesday, the Trump administration released its rationale for the Comey firing, focusing on his public announcement that no charges should be filed against Hillary Clinton in the wake of the FBI probe into her use of a private, unsecured server through which she sent and received classified information while she served as secretary of state.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein accused Comey of usurping the authority of the attorney general in making such a pronouncement and for exposing Clinton’s misdeeds when he was effectively closing the investigation.

But Toensing said Comey made far more mistakes, starting with his repeated misstating of the statute in question. Comey insisted that intent to break the law was required to bring charges, while gross negligence is the standard laid out in federal law. She also savaged Comey for refusing to impanel a grand jury to probe Clinton and for allowing the same attorney to represent multiple witnesses in the case.

“That’s called a conflict of interest, because that lawyer can get all of her clients together and they can all read from the same music,” she explained. “You never do that.”

http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/ex-doj-official-spills-beans-on-why-comey-had-to-go/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Comey firing = Draining the Swamp.  I've said he needed to go since last July.  I'm glad the powers that be finally agreed.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

Don't the Alligators and snakes become very upset when their domain is shrinking? 

Comey wasn't fit to remain director and Donald Trump knew this. Now it is more of the same carping against Trump because he's a Republican and he's Donald Trump. With the performance James Comey gave during the inquiry into Hillary last year I would hope not even he is surprised he's out. He was clearly following orders, doing that very poorly and looking foolish in the process, and in that regard gave the impression that the FBI couldn't be trusted when the head was so clearly a liar about legal discrepancies and abuses by one Hillary Rodham Clinton. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

21 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Comey firing = Draining the Swamp.  I've said he needed to go since last July.  I'm glad the powers that be finally agreed.

Was definitely long overdue, I wasn't able to be on the site last summer, but I was saying the same thing.  It was clear to me for some time that this guy was only serving a private agenda and not the best interests of the people.