• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Running Gator said:

Being the number 2 rated show does not make it the number 2 money maker.   Advertising rates are based off of way more than just total numbers.  A huge part of the rates is the age watching the show.   The 18-49 age is the age adventists are looking for and shows that do well in that range can charge more per 30 second ad.   This show did not do well with that demographic.  Also, at the start of the 7th season the ABC would have been required to cover the cost of producing the show, something 20th Cen Fox had been doing. 

People are looking for the boggieman in everything, but normally it all comes down to nothing but money. 

in this case, it pretty much is, and you have yet to prove that they did it because of money. Fact is, I did find an article with abcs "reasons", according to fox news it was a "scheduling conflict" however, being it was their number 2 show right now, and viewer wise, came in at number 3 overall, its safe to say had they wanted to they could have made the "scheduling conflict disappear" 

and quite frankly, theyre not going to come out and say it was for politics even when it was-it would alienate their audience. They saw what happened to A&E when they tried their stunt with Phil Robertson-so theyre not going to publicly admit it and risk going through A&Es debacle. However, it seems from the outrage starting up on facebook, it may already be to late.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Is gator OOTS ????

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Is gator OOTS ????

That I am.

7 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

in this case, it pretty much is, and you have yet to prove that they did it because of money. Fact is, I did find an article with abcs "reasons", according to fox news it was a "scheduling conflict" however, being it was their number 2 show right now, and viewer wise, came in at number 3 overall, its safe to say had they wanted to they could have made the "scheduling conflict disappear" 

and quite frankly, theyre not going to come out and say it was for politics even when it was-it would alienate their audience. They saw what happened to A&E when they tried their stunt with Phil Robertson-so theyre not going to publicly admit it and risk going through A&Es debacle. However, it seems from the outrage starting up on facebook, it may already be to late.

the simplest answer is normally the right answer.  ABC is owned by Disney, Disney cares about money more than anything else, including politics.   

But, in the end it does not matter, ABC could come out tomorrow and give the exact dollar amounts as to why they did not renew the show and folks like you and those on your facebook feed would just call them liars and boycott them anyhow.

I am sure this boycott will work as well as all the rest.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

the simplest answer is normally the right answer.  ABC is owned by Disney, Disney cares about money more than anything else, including politics.   

But, in the end it does not matter, ABC could come out tomorrow and give the exact dollar amounts as to why they did not renew the show and folks like you and those on your facebook feed would just call them liars and boycott them anyhow.

I am sure this boycott will work as well as all the rest.

it worked very well with others believe it or not.....and when a liberal show cancels a conservative show....without clear reason, its pretty clear as to why. I would also like to point out, that right now all your being is argumentative, for the sake of being argumentative, and arguing a point that is opposite of even what ABC has specifically stated.  Now, if you think my view is wrong, thats fine-but please, do so with evidence. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/15/petiton-calls-for-abc-boycott-over-last-man-standing-cancellation.html

9 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

it worked very well with others believe it or not.....and when a liberal show cancels a conservative show....without clear reason, its pretty clear as to why. I would also like to point out, that right now all your being is argumentative, for the sake of being argumentative, and arguing a point that is opposite of even what ABC has specifically stated.  Now, if you think my view is wrong, thats fine-but please, do so with evidence. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/15/petiton-calls-for-abc-boycott-over-last-man-standing-cancellation.html

5 post up you said that ABC has not given a reason, now you say I am saying the opposite of what they said.   Your link even says that ABC has not commented.  

I have given you an alternative reason as to why the show would be canceled, you have rejected it.  I have explained the way licensing works and about the extra cost to ABC and I have explained to you how advertising rates work. 

But of course you have not offered one iota of evidence or even any logic to support your view, but you demand it of me.  How typical for people on this forum, that is the 2nd time it has happened to me today. 

5 post up you said that ABC has not given a reason, now you say I am saying the opposite of what they said.   Your link even says that ABC has not commented.  

I have given you an alternative reason as to why the show would be canceled, you have rejected it.  I have explained the way licensing works and about the extra cost to ABC and I have explained to you how advertising rates work. 

But of course you have not offered one iota of evidence or even any logic to support your view, but you demand it of me.  How typical for people on this forum, that is the 2nd time it has happened to me today. 

if you had read my posts you would see that I said I found a reason-and I provided it. Now, if all your interested in is arguments, I bid you a good day.

Just now, The_Patriot2017 said:

if you had read my posts you would see that I said I found a reason-and I provided it. Now, if all your interested in is arguments, I bid you a good day.

You gave a reason from a FoxNews, not ABC.  and the link you gave clearly states that ABC has made no comments.  But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good righteous indignation high. 

You gave a reason from a FoxNews, not ABC.  and the link you gave clearly states that ABC has made no comments.  But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good righteous indignation high. 

from the article I posted:

"The news came as a shock to fans who favored the conservative-leaning sitcom starring Tim Allen and many questioned if the decision was due to the show's politics. ABC told Fox News the show was canceled due to scheduling."

11 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

from the article I posted:

"The news came as a shock to fans who favored the conservative-leaning sitcom starring Tim Allen and many questioned if the decision was due to the show's politics. ABC told Fox News the show was canceled due to scheduling."

I stand corrected.  Tough I would like to see it from ABC and not FoxNews.   It seems to me that a "scheduling" issue means they have a show they want to run that will make them more money so they had to pick one to get rid of.