• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

Fox News May 18th

God have mercy. And comfort the family that grieve. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Wow, he really did a lot in his life.  Not a  perfect man, he did some bad things, but he just accomplished so much.  He built FNC from nothng.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

When someone 'controversial' passes, it doesn't take long for people to come out of the woodwork, does it?

I saw this on my FB feed:

Hours After Death of Roger Ailes, Joan Walsh Spills Gag-Ordered Talk She Had With Fox News Founder

<snip> I only met Ailes once, in about 2000, for an off-the-record meeting where Salon’s editor-in-chief and CEO were pitching a Salon-branded show to Fox. At the last minute they took me with them (with Ailes’s death, our promise to keep the meeting off the record passes, too).

[...]

“I created a TV network for people 55 to dead,” Ailes boasted to us. “Nobody believed it could be done, but I did it. It’s for guys who sit on their couch with the remote all day and night.” That seemed a condescending way to talk about his audience—not to mention, much of the Republican base—but it was fascinating anyway.

“And they don’t want to see anyone like you,” he continued, looking directly at me. I wasn’t sure whether he meant a liberal, or a brunette newswoman in a dark pantsuit. “They don’t want to see you — they don’t even want to know that you exist!” And he was obliging them: he’d created a world where women were blonde and wore short tight skirts, men were in charge, and articulate, principled, complicated liberals – especially women — didn’t exist.<snip>

POSTER'S COMMENT:

Since this 'alleged' interview took place, notable liberals like Kirsten Powers, Tamara Holder, Julie Roginski have been regulars on Fox News.  So are they not articulate, principled or complicated?  Or are they not women?

And the men - Juan Williams, the late Alan Colmes, Bob Beckel, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera - I guess they don't exist, either.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

He's having a discussion with God right now. That's all I know. What I have heard about him is what others wish others to hear and that isn't always kind or true. I pray for those he left behind, because they are the ones hurting. He is beyond that and hopefully going to a better place than he left.

10 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

When someone 'controversial' passes, it doesn't take long for people to come out of the woodwork, does it?

I saw this on my FB feed:

Hours After Death of Roger Ailes, Joan Walsh Spills Gag-Ordered Talk She Had With Fox News Founder

<snip> I only met Ailes once, in about 2000, for an off-the-record meeting where Salon’s editor-in-chief and CEO were pitching a Salon-branded show to Fox. At the last minute they took me with them (with Ailes’s death, our promise to keep the meeting off the record passes, too).

[...]

“I created a TV network for people 55 to dead,” Ailes boasted to us. “Nobody believed it could be done, but I did it. It’s for guys who sit on their couch with the remote all day and night.” That seemed a condescending way to talk about his audience—not to mention, much of the Republican base—but it was fascinating anyway.

“And they don’t want to see anyone like you,” he continued, looking directly at me. I wasn’t sure whether he meant a liberal, or a brunette newswoman in a dark pantsuit. “They don’t want to see you — they don’t even want to know that you exist!” And he was obliging them: he’d created a world where women were blonde and wore short tight skirts, men were in charge, and articulate, principled, complicated liberals – especially women — didn’t exist.<snip>

POSTER'S COMMENT:

Since this 'alleged' interview took place, notable liberals like Kirsten Powers, Tamara Holder, Julie Roginski have been regulars on Fox News.  So are they not articulate, principled or complicated?  Or are they not women?

And the men - Juan Williams, the late Alan Colmes, Bob Beckel, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera - I guess they don't exist, either.

Blessings,

-Ed

I think the hateful  words of the living and how they smear those who are dead and cannot respond writes a legacy of its own for those people. One that will display as poor and cowardly character and to their eternal shame. Their behavior now forewarns their colleagues as to who they're dealing with in the future. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

I think the hateful  words of the living and how they smear those who are dead and cannot respond writes a legacy of its own for those people. One that will display as poor and cowardly character and to their eternal shame. Their behavior now forewarns their colleagues as to who they're dealing with in the future. 

There are people out there who deserve the hate and their comments are not smears, but truths that some assume are better off not said. There is a fine line between acting respectfully of the dead and acting in all honesty to the way the person lived their lives before their deaths and the impact they had on the lives of others. Serial killers, terrorist, child molesters, ect. Remembering who we are talking about and relating truthfully that information is not a thing of taking vengeance out on the persons legacy. Revenge is the Lords, but covering up the truth in order to possibly think better of oneself is not being honest with yourself and others.

If it was there to be said about the person who created a living legacy it could have been said when they were alive to respond. Talking trash about someone after they're dead and unable to respond is the act of cowardice. Smearing the dead so that the living surviving relatives have to then contend with the assaults on their family by proxy is disrespectful and cowardice. 

And it certainly isn't an example of Christian compassion. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

If it was there to be said about the person who created a living legacy it could have been said when they were alive to respond. Talking trash about someone after they're dead and unable to respond is the act of cowardice. Smearing the dead so that the living surviving relatives have to then contend with the assaults on their family by proxy is disrespectful and cowardice. 

And it certainly isn't an example of Christian compassion. 

So, all those things said about Stalin and Hitler in the history books should not be there since those people are not here to defend themselves?  :emot-questioned:

12 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

He's having a discussion with God right now. That's all I know. What I have heard about him is what others wish others to hear and that isn't always kind or true. I pray for those he left behind, because they are the ones hurting. He is beyond that and hopefully going to a better place than he left.

No, you don't know that. You think that. 

1 Leviticus 19:17 “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

1 John 2:11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.