• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1985

17 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

THE SUPREMACY AND SUFFICIENCY OF SCRIPTURE

Where is your faith eugenelester?

Hebrews 11:6 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Romans 8:7 -87The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. So then those that are in the flesh (human reasoning, philosophy, psychology) cannot please God

“Be still, and know that I am God.”

Psalm 46:10

Abide in Christ :)

Well, of course, that can not come to God, a man who denies His existence. He must believe, know, be sure that God exists.
When to you are asked the question: why is it the Christian God? What do you answer? Why is the Christian God better than other gods? And this is a fair question.
Because faith is different. There is reasonable faith and there is a stupid faith. You can believe in all sorts of nonsense and say - "this is my faith, believe me." As a person who does not know, to show that faith in Christ is true faith, and faith in the Buddha is false?
If a person grew up in another religion and his parents believed in the Buddha and everyone around him believed in the Buddha. And the Bible is an empty sound for him.
Let them go to hell? Why think?

Edited by eugenelester

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, eugenelester said:

I believe that we should not only use the Bible itself. God gave us reason, without which we could not read or understand the Bible at all. One must be able to use our mind well, to protect our faith.

God instructs us here in this way

Romans 12:2 (KJV)

[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

if the things that are here are correct then one must ask why this renewing of mind? In fact we are to wash us of this worlds filth by The Word

Ephesians 5:26 (KJV)

[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

satan has been at work since the world was given over to him by Adam. We have been warned by God that he (satan) is subtle and able to deceive the very elect if God would allow!

Matthew 24:24 (KJV)

[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

so adding the ability of one's self and the stuff that is in this world in a trust factor will in fact be a path of error! The Bible alone is the source by which all things are either approved or disapproved... if one wishes to be perfected for use by God

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Notice your statement and that of God through Paul... there is a major difference of council wouldn't you say?

Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/08/1985

On 14.06.2017 at 5:25 PM, enoob57 said:

God instructs us here in this way

Romans 12:2 (KJV)

[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

if the things that are here are correct then one must ask why this renewing of mind? In fact we are to wash us of this worlds filth by The Word

Ephesians 5:26 (KJV)

[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

satan has been at work since the world was given over to him by Adam. We have been warned by God that he (satan) is subtle and able to deceive the very elect if God would allow!

Matthew 24:24 (KJV)

[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

so adding the ability of one's self and the stuff that is in this world in a trust factor will in fact be a path of error! The Bible alone is the source by which all things are either approved or disapproved... if one wishes to be perfected for use by God

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Notice your statement and that of God through Paul... there is a major difference of council wouldn't you say?

Love, Steven

Firstly: I did not say that we should not use the Bible at all or use the Bible rarely. I said that the Bible should be brought where it is appropriate.
It is pointless to quote from the Bible to someone for whom it does not have authority.
Secondly: It's amazing, but you do not notice one simple and obvious fact. You read the Bible, you interpret the Bible and quote the Bible thanks to your mind. You can do this only because you have intelligence and thanks to reason. Things that are not reasonable can not do this, and even living, not intelligent beings can not do this.
How can you know that I am adding myself? How can this be distinguished? If you read, interpret and quote the Bible in the same way. I can tell you the same thing. When you quote the Bible to me, you understand the quotation with a certain meaning. And think that this meaning is from God. But you do it with your mind. How do you know that you do not bring your meaning into your quotations, your interpretation?
How can you do without reason?
Why did Paul in Athens not quote the Scriptures to the Greeks, and quote the poet to them?
Did Paul add from himself, and not from God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, eugenelester said:

Firstly: I did not say that we should not use the Bible at all or use the Bible rarely. I said that the Bible should be brought where it is appropriate.
It is pointless to quote from the Bible to someone for whom it does not have authority.
Secondly: It's amazing, but you do not notice one simple and obvious fact. You read the Bible, you interpret the Bible and quote the Bible thanks to your mind. You can do this only because you have intelligence and thanks to reason. Things that are not reasonable can not do this, and even living, not intelligent beings can not do this.
How can you know that I am adding myself? How can this be distinguished? If you read, interpret and quote the Bible in the same way. I can tell you the same thing. When you quote the Bible to me, you understand the quotation with a certain meaning. And think that this meaning is from God. But you do it with your mind. How do you know that you do not bring your meaning into your quotations, your interpretation?
How can you do without reason?
Why did Paul in Athens not quote the Scriptures to the Greeks, and quote the poet to them?
Did Paul add from himself, and not from God?

See this is where knowing The Scriptures pays off... God says: 

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

The authority- 'God' -says this about His Word and your going to have to bring your own thinking into alignment with what God says! There is no authority but God's Word and as you know The Word was the very essence of all creation  and said creation is under His total and complete control!

How can you know that I am adding myself? How can this be distinguished? If you read, interpret and quote the Bible in the same way. I can tell you the same thing. When you quote the Bible to me, you understand the quotation with a certain meaning. And think that this meaning is from God. But you do it with your mind. How do you know that you do not bring your meaning into your

We are required by God to renew our minds by washing of the water of The Word... this is accomplished when we reckon our own selves dead also the world we have began in an reckon The Word to be the only authority ... this means letting the grammatical composition in context of immediate passage, chapter, book and then the whole Bible guide ones mind into God's way, truth and life! This is completely reasonable for The Bible was written to all generations with intent of one truth, one way, one life and for all that come to it to receive this communication by proper hermeneutics... There are places within Scripture God tells us we will not be able to comprehend at certain times but if we are sold out completely to the fact that what God has said is the only matter and all else waste we will wait upon God to enlarge us to continue in our understanding of His Person formed by The Holy Spirit and His Word only!!!  If you are not walking with God through His Word to gain personal relationship with Him -by knowing Him and He us- you are not on the proper path that He has given us 'all who believe'!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Yowm said:

Without opening the link, my answer...

God IS. He always has been both in time and space as well as outside of time and space.

God created time and space, it has no meaning to Him.

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

He became man, didn't He?

He Himself has no need of it. He created time and space for us. See Gen. 1. God created the heavens and the earth...evening came and morning came, the first day.

Before God began creation, there was no time, it wasn't necessary. God is eternal.

Edited by Pudgenik
Wasnt finished with thought

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So are you saying to Him, His creation is meaningless?

Seriously, you didnt read what i said. 

There some of you here that just look for arguements. You read but do not see, you listen but do not hear. 

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

This is what you said, "God created time and space, it has no meaning to Him.".

I guess I'll conclude, according to you, creation is meaningless to God, since you don't want to clarify. 

Maybe you should try finishing all i wrote. This is the problem with one verse theology. Look at the Holy Ghost people in Ky. Snake handlers. Thier faith is primarily based on one line of scripture.

Try the second line.

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You continue, "He Himself has no need of it. He created time and space for us. See Gen. 1. God created the heavens and the earth...evening came and morning came, the first day.

Before God began creation, there was no time, it wasn't necessary. God is eternal"

So now, not only is His creation, 'meaningless' it is 'unnecessary'. 

Apparently the God who is all knowing, wise and eternal deemed it meaningful and  necessary by virtue of His own Being, contrary to  what you are claiming, otherwise He wouldn't have created it and die for it.

Look, lets try something a little different. 

The Eternal Being, eternity meaning timeless. God, who is all things. This includes time and space. 

He Himself has no need for it. Lets think about this a moment. Scripture states, all things came to be through Him. You can find that in John 1.3.

But for our sakes, He created time and space, you can findthis in Gen 1. God created the heavens and the earth...God said let there be light...evening came and morning came, the first day.

Now we need to go back to John 1 All that came to be, had life in Him, and that life was the light of men. 

Does this help you?

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You are making a case that God is over and beyond His creation, fine. But you still need to make a case, through Scripture that creation is meaningless and unnecessary. I have contended that through His incarnation and on account of His incarnation, His creation is meaningful and necessary. Otherwise, why would He have redeemed it through His dying for it?

I have tryed to explain my text to you. 

I dont need to make any case, you are the one who keeps repeating something that was never said in the first place. 

Why do you keep thinking creation is meaningless. If all things are created through Jesus, then all things have purpose in Christ.

You like twisting words too much.