IGNORED

Kathy Griffin Under Secret Service Investigation

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

9:20 a.m.

Kathy Griffin's attorney says the comedian has been contacted by the Secret Service in the wake of her controversial photo shoot in which she posed with the likeness of President Donald Trump's severed head.

Attorney Lisa Bloom says Griffin has retained a criminal attorney, who also appeared at a Friday press conference in which Griffin apologized again for the images. Griffin said she is the subject of a Secret Service investigation, but did not provide any further information about the inquiry or if she was cooperating.

Griffin says she will not refrain from joking about Trump in the future.

Since the comedian posed with a likeness of President Donald Trump's severed head, she has been fired from her annual gig hosting CNN's New Year's Eve special and several performances have been canceled at venues across the U.S.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-more-venues-cancel-kathy-griffin-shows-140737120.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

9:20 a.m.

Kathy Griffin's attorney says the comedian has been contacted by the Secret Service in the wake of her controversial photo shoot in which she posed with the likeness of President Donald Trump's severed head.

Attorney Lisa Bloom says Griffin has retained a criminal attorney, who also appeared at a Friday press conference in which Griffin apologized again for the images. Griffin said she is the subject of a Secret Service investigation, but did not provide any further information about the inquiry or if she was cooperating.

Griffin says she will not refrain from joking about Trump in the future.

Since the comedian posed with a likeness of President Donald Trump's severed head, she has been fired from her annual gig hosting CNN's New Year's Eve special and several performances have been canceled at venues across the U.S.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-more-venues-cancel-kathy-griffin-shows-140737120.html

I think she deserved to be fired. She went over the line. That head was really gross.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, missmuffet said:

I think she deserved to be fired. She went over the line. That head was really gross.

She deserves more than a firing.   She needs to go to prison.  If we would start putting these celebrities in prison for these kinds of things, they would stop.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

She deserves more than a firing.   She needs to go to prison.  If we would start putting these celebrities in prison for these kinds of things, they would stop.

If only we didn't have that pesky first amendment

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

Holding up the severed head of the president of the United States is not protected speech.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

Celebrities calling for the president's death is not protected speech.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I wouldn't imprison her. All that would do is fire up the left "free speech" junkies and make her a martyr. Public humiliation I think, like whats going in now is a far better solution. If her career tanks that should be more then enough to discourage others from following along.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think she learned a lesson. Extend her some grace.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I wouldn't imprison her. All that would do is fire up the left "free speech" junkies and make her a martyr. Public humiliation I think, like whats going in now is a far better solution. If her career tanks that should be more then enough to discourage others from following along.

No, if they had to start paying a price, they would stop.  The "free speech" junkies are already going full steam ahead.  Take down some of the celebrities a notch or two, who think they live under some protected status and are indemnified from prosecution for making death threats and they need to see otherwise.

If some good ol' boy from Arksansas got on YouTube and made a video calling for the death of an elected official, no one would be defending his "free speech." 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I think she learned a lesson. Extend her some grace.

She broke the law.  And she needs to be prosecuted.   I realize that since Trump was her target, that it isn't that much of an outrage, But she still broke the law and needs to be punished.