IGNORED

The C0uncil 0f Trent

existential mabel

John 3:3 3 'Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."'

I said that "many RCs support abortion," not that because the "many" do therefore "all." Don't put words into my posts.

"I" do understand, as an ex-Catholic so maybe "you" should not make assumptions.

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Catholics ARE Christians , even if their Church, as all churches are , is Imperfect .

5 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Not necessarily. Many, if not most, RCs do not claim to be born again. Many RCs support abortion. Most are involved in idol worship of the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

John 3:3 3 'Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."'

I said that "many RCs support abortion," not that because the "many" do therefore "all." Don't put words into my posts.

"I" do understand, as an ex-Catholic so maybe "you" should not make assumptions.

Alright Rick lets take a look at this, I don't want to be putting words in your mouth. Thallasa said Catholics are Christians and YOU said "Not necessarily". Than you give a list of why you think they are "Not necessarily" Christians. 

John 3:3 says unless they are born again...... I don't see any place where its says "claim to be born again". Catholics very much believe they are born again. Through baptism we are crucified in Jesus and born again a new creation. But according to you we are not Christian because you don't express it using your words.

Your second point... actually you did use the many to judge the "all". Because you claim Catholics are "not necessarily" Christians because "many RCs support abortion".

And as for your last point... if while you were Catholic you worshiped Mary or the Saints... than yes you were an idolater. AND you were not following the teachings of the Catholic Church because the Catholic Church says ONLY God deserves worship. As for making assumptions I don't need to assume anything because anyone that says Catholics are idolaters because of prayers to Mary and the Saints clearly do not know the teachings.

Cheers and God Bless.

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, Davida said:

It is just that you Judas,  don't call it "worshipping" Mary , which is understandable because what person would recognize that when they are doing it until the Holy Spirit intervenes in their lives? It is not until a person begins doubting the RCC & starts seeking God's Truth in the Word of God & leave Catholicism that the Holy Spirit can teach them &  convicts them then of the idolatry. My in laws certainly Would NOT say they worship Mary or the any numerous Catholic Saints they pray to or the Popes  either but sadly they do by definition, intention & by their practices .

Can you post up what "your" definition of worship is than? Because English is English and I don't think the Holy Spirit is required to know what a word means. Those that are not saved seem to understand English just fine. So what's your definition of worship?

Guest Judas Machabeus
11 minutes ago, Davida said:

Obviously they won't call what THEY do worshipping Judas, it's not a matter of English it is a matter of recognizing the sin of idolatry.  Any who do it will say Nah it's different....

It is JUST so because you say so. Interesting that you get to define what other people's actions are, oh and why let facts get in the way of it right ;) . 

Interesting you want to make a claim against something and refuse to allow the truth get in the way, because then you would have to admit that you're baring false witness. 

Cheers David  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 15/06/2017 at 9:44 PM, inchrist said:

How is that any different to the protestants? Have protestants learnt any lessons of true religious freedom? Yet you remain intolerant of catholic teachings.

In saying that you reveal that you do not understand yourself what true religious liberty is all about. First, Protestants do not have laws enshrined within their church manuals advocating the persecution of members of other faiths...be they Catholic, Hindu, or Muslim, or pagan. There are numerous laws and canons, dogmas, and official papal encyclicals which blatantly recommend  not just persecution, but death to all heretics as adjudged by Roman Catholic doctrine. This is provable by many examples, as I believe you well know, however, you will be hard pressed to find any such Protestant piece of legislation. If you did, I along with you would be swift to condemn it, as such a practice or law has no place in the Christian faith.

Second. My disagreeing with certain tenets of the Catholic faith has nothing to do with 'tolerance'. I have no more right to 'tolerate' Catholic teaching that I do to 'tolerate' fishing in Alaska. Toleration presupposes a right to, when the time is convenient, become 'intolerant', through enforcing laws that demand penalties with the intent to change a practice not deemed acceptable. This practice of 'intolerance' is, as said previously, enshrined within Catholic canon law. Religious liberty however, in its truest sense, demands freedom of worship and faith practice for everyone. It is not about Rome demanding her rights to practice her faith unmolested...it is about all Christians everywhere demanding the freedom of all people everywhere to worship, or not worship, according to conscience. Without anyone having recourse to law and penalties if they disagree. Now that my friend also includes as sancrosanct my right to disagree with Catholic teaching...my right to bring up history as evidence of past abuses...my right to interpret prophecy as history repeating itself in the near future....all without being accused of anti-Ctholic hate speech and bigotry. Freedom of speech is inherent in frreedom of religion....the ban on proseltizing by the Vatican upon other members of the WCC is one such example of 'intolerance' and an attack on true religious liberty.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

12 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Yes the early Church in Ireland was rather different in many ways from Rome ,but against the wishes of of the people was forced under the control of Rome, by Adrien the first English pope, who with the support of the RCC.,  dominated and controlled Ireland for the English .

In fact the Celtic Irish, were in general never truly Roman ,but because of  political agression from Protestant Britain ,they stayed behind the RCC., rather than be  forced violently  to become Anglican, (in the South ) and Calvinistic in the north . They were stuck, between two powers for centuries . The freedom gained recently from GB. has released Eire from the clutches of the RCC ,but not totally yet  from perifidious Albion .

They were literally caught between the devil ,and the deep blue sea . However the Irish Celt ,is a very different creature from protestantism , which does not compare well in this part of the world .  I see the fruits of Rome, and of Calvin /Luther, and the former holds up well against the latter . Much kinder and creative societies .

Agreed...the early Celtic churches were pure, as were the churches of the east, untainted by the superstitions and introduced pagan rites that distrorted the churches of the west.I hold no defenses against Protestantism or Catholicism....Protestants struggled to free themselves completely from the falsehoods and absurdities of Rome...the call of the angel in Revelation 18...come out of her my people....applies equally to people in Protestant churches as well as Roman.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

Yes and my remark was based by a scriptual event, where the Pharisees sought to stone a female sinner, until Christ intervened.

Anyone here who has never sinned can throw the first stone

I was addressing the protestant.

It was a question i posed... dont catholics believe in Jesus? As the impression was protestants dont think catholics are christians.

You're still very aggressive. 

The scriptural event you're referring to concerned Jews prosecuting the law of God for an unnamed offense that is typically presumed of the Magdalene to have been prostitution, or adultery.Christ intervened telling those men gathered, men who sacrificed animals regularly to cover their sins daily, to cast the first stone. Any one of them that had not sinned. They knew they all had and that is why they dropped the rocks and Magdalene was free. 

Christians are not damned sinners. We're reborn in Christ as sons and daughters of God. 

Your post has you admitting you're aggressive in this thread. And then excusing it in relative comparison to all of us who you believe are sinners too. 

Christians are redeemed in Christ. God remembers their sins no more after we repent , are redeemed, are Baptized and arise renewed in Christ. 

We do not sin as was under the law before. Any errors we make are covered by the blood and we have an advocate with the Father for those errors, Jesus Christ. 

We carry his anointing and we are indwelt by the Father's sacred and Holy Spirit. 

And that is why we are Christians. 

With regard to your comments about Catholics. Who are you defending here? Are you Catholic? Your aggression seems equally motivated. 

I've know many Catholics. And they will correct someone when addressed as a Christian. They will say they are not Christian, they are Catholic. 

Catholics do not ascribe to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Council of Trent Deified the edifice of man, the seat of the vicar rendered as god-man by decree. And the command in scripture by Jesus, "call no man father but your Father in heaven", repealed as celibate males were interjected as that authority between believer and God , anointed by the decree of men to be empowered to forgive sins. Which is the domain of the Great and Holy Spirit that is God almighty. 

No, the Catholic way is not Christ's way. That is scripture.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

i used to follow buddhism and at every gathering there was a huge statute of the buddha and each person was encouraged invited to go up and place a lit incense stick and bow before it. lol nobody saw it as worshiping the statute . and there were some individuals that lay fully prostrate in front of the statute oh but they werent worshiping of course lol.

i convinced myself that i wasnt worshipping them either. so why did i need to have a statue at my flat? oh its just to remind me of the buddha is what i used to say.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

I'm actually very monotone, my aggression is simply a figment of your imagination. Simply calling out indefensible positions is not aggression....its called accountability.

It is evidence in your writing. The figment of imagination is that you believe no one reads your hatred for Protestants. And your aggression in informing us of that. This is why we know this. 

Then I wonder why you protestants wont drop your rocks?

I shall pray for you. May Christ find your heart open to the invitation if the Great and Holy Spirit of God the Father wills. 

I won't participate with you further because aggression is not in my Christian diet. May Peace abide with any brother and sister in Christ who choose differently. Amen. 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Rick_Parker said:

Not necessarily. Many, if not most, RCs do not claim to be born again. Many RCs support abortion. Most are involved in idol worship of the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

Well in my opinion claiming  to be ,and being  truly born again ,are two different things  ,and the thing about Rc's supporting  abortion So there are no non catholics who support abortion, or SSM, or  remarriage ,or 'the pill ',or whatever . That is just a red Herring ,because the official Church supports none of these .