IGNORED

The C0uncil 0f Trent

existential mabel

Guest Thallasa
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, Davida said:

--To accuse someone else of "hateful bigoted  anti-Catholic speech" is a strong allegation & accusation in itself.   If every time anyone says anything that is a strong criticism of the RCC they are accused of "being hateful" that will make for a one-sided discussion which is actually No discussion at all - and what is the pt in that? so let's discard those accusations calling one another "hateful" because that is just not so.  Is the record of history "hateful" ? People can state their opinion and it doesn't have to be infused with any emotion at all.

I recognize that really Only those who are Protestant or those who have defected from the RCC will see , recognize and admit the problems with the RCC-in the present and through out history. To say both sides have plenty of blood - is just denial of the RCC bloody history as  nothing comes close.

Yet another reason to ignore someone who needs to but won't , learn wisdom, and true history .

Guest Thallasa
21 hours ago, Davida said:

It is just that you Judas,  don't call it "worshipping" Mary , which is understandable because what person would recognize that when they are doing it until the Holy Spirit intervenes in their lives? It is not until a person begins doubting the RCC & starts seeking God's Truth in the Word of God & leave Catholicism that the Holy Spirit can teach them &  convicts them then of the idolatry. My in laws certainly Would NOT say they worship Mary or the any numerous Catholic Saints they pray to or the Popes  either but sadly they do by definition, intention & by their practices .

How do you know it's the Holy Spirit  ? I thought the H.S. gave wisdom and understanding ,and wide knwoledge ?

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Well in my opinion claiming  to be ,and being  truly born again ,are two different things  ,and the thing about Rc's supporting  abortion So there are no non catholics who support abortion, or SSM, or  remarriage ,or 'the pill ',or whatever . That is just a red Herring ,because the official Church supports none of these . 

And, as your glorious leader says....Allah and GOD are the same GOD. And Christ is still on the Cross, right? And taking the Holy Communion literally turns into Christ's blood and His flesh, right? But, I digress.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

My father is a protestant preacher (bet you didnt see that one coming)... My mother is a catholic, i chose to be catholic, then I chose then the middle of the two, why would I have hatred for either party...or the protestant church? Its about balance.... Its about facts...its about what scripture actualy states....than listening to hearsy.

No, I didn't. Your writings don't speak of balance. They speak vitriol and contempt for what you now say your dad preaches. That is not my business.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

The Pope recently declared that it was dangerous to seek forgiveness for sin directly from God.  So, in other words, it is better to seek forgiveness through the intermediary of the priesthood. Okay, we all know, Protestants, Catholics, alike, that this is not a new thing, but a reminder of basic Catholic principle and doctrine. Right?

Yet scripture declares but ONE Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus, who we all confess is the only begotten Son of God. (Whether we actually believe Jesus is a real Son of His Father is another topic for another time, I digress). So the situation we have is is not all that difficult to understand.

1. Scripture, the word of God says, only one Mediator, Jesus Christ.

2. The word of God also says that He, God the Father, is faithful and just, to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us of all unrighteousness, if we confess our sins.

3. The RCC has moved Jesus to the side, and declared that we need to pray, not to the Father, not to Jesus, but to saints, Mary, Joseph, because they are more merciful, more understanding,more loving, and will convince God to love us more, despite the many many texts that declare God's undying self-sacrificial love for all men.

4. And of course, we ought not seek forgiveness from God for our sins, but rather from a man-made priesthood...again, shunting the real Mediator aside and replacing Him with an impostor.

5. All of the above, among many other things I could add, amount to one stark singular fact of scriptural truth. That in casting the Son of God to one side and replacing Him with a man-made system of religion that denies His proper status in the spiritual lives of their followers, the RCC hs erected itself as the Antichrist. This is not hateful of me to declare this, but it is hateful of the RCC to practice this...removing the true Christ and replacing Him with a false. That is hateful. That is Antichrist. Oh, and I speak as an ex-Catholic. I understand the mindset...I understand the culture...I hav no axe to grind, I hold no animosity, and I am firm in my belief that there are many true Christians within the Catholic community of faith...people who genuinely and sincerely love God and are living up to the light they have received....just as there are many people of other faiths who are not Christians because despite having received great light, they are not living up to that light. It is my belief that some Catholics are Chrictians, not because they are Catholic, but despite it.

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

Correcting you is not vitriol or contempt...however i think it would be wise you step away from this thread because you have crossed over that line to insulting me and I would be more than happy to show you the difference between me being monotone and aggressive

It was not my intention to insult you.  The last thing I will ever say to you is, threatening me only contributes to what is observed about your aggressive offensive intention toward a certain community of Christians here. And this one that pointed that out. 

If it is God's will may his grace help to release you from your pain. 

Edited by Anonymous Aristotle

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

As YHWH always says, all such statues, items, throughout mankind/ history/ religion/ today

are idolatry, to be repented of, and to be avoided.

1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. - Bible Hub

biblehub.com/1_john/5-21.htm

Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts. English Standard Version Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

17 minutes ago, Davida said:

I don't know if I could agree.  The statues of Mary are not Jesus mother in reality but it is a Satanic counterfeit to usurp the Holy Heavenly authority of Christ Jesus.  The statues of mary are really the image of the pagan divine mother.  The Bible is clear , No one or no thing is to be in the place only meant for GOD,  Mary is not to be worshipped.  How did it enter the roman catholic Church? who inspired the Mary doctrine into the RCC?  - it came from the corruption through blending Christianity with paganism. The apparitions that have occurred are demonic activity.

Well said. Nor are we to have graven images. Further, Mary's false professed capacity to save souls aside, any denomination that denies the essential doctrine of Christianity insures its followers are not qualified to be in Christ. Or called, Christian. The Council of Trent did this very thing.

Guest Judas Machabeus
7 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

any denomination that denies the essential doctrine of Christianity insures its followers are not qualified to be in Christ. Or called, Christian. The Council of Trent did this very thing

Who determines what is essential doctrine and what is not? Can you give me the scripture passage that lists them?

Guest Judas Machabeus
38 minutes ago, Davida said:

Mary is not to be worshipped.

I fully agree and so does the Catholic Church.