IGNORED

WorthyNews: Think You're Safe from Predators Online? How a Supreme Court Ruling May Influence That

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.43
  • Content Count:  44,624
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The Supreme Court struck down a North Carolina law that bans sex offenders from obtaining social media profiles.

View the full article

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

That's just brilliant! Sex offenders can't attain residence within a certain distance of schools. But now they can come right into children's presence through the Internet. :40:

"A fundamental principle of the First Amendment is that all persons have access to places where they can speak and listen, and then, after reflection, speak and listen once more," Justice Anthony Kennedy writes in the court's decision.

"By prohibiting sex offenders from using those websites, North Carolina with one broad stroke bars access to what, for many, are the principal sources for knowing current events, checking ads for employment, speaking and listening in the modern public square, and otherwise exploring the vast realms of human thought and knowledge," Kennedy wrote.

I think a few justices on SCOTUS should be made to retire. Kennedy said a few years ago in the Arizona immigration laws case that it really isn't illegal for illegal immigrants to enter and be in America. He was losing his mind then. This decision makes it seem as if it's barely there. Then again, his grandkids fall under a different rule of protection than the rest of ours. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  25

This was a unanimous decision and it was the right decision.  We do not need to turn into a nanny state.  

Two very good decisions in two day from SCOTUS. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

This was a unanimous decision and it was the right decision.  We do not need to turn into a nanny state.  

Parents here? Be warned. 

21 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Parents here? Be warned. 

Yep, parent here and all parents should have already been warned.  If they were relying on a law to keep their children safe online they have already failed. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

30 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I agree with what Gator said and that is all I am ever going to say about this matter. 

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, WorthyNewsBot said:

The Supreme Court struck down a North Carolina law that bans sex offenders from obtaining social media profiles.

View the full article

And all the sexual predators and their sympathizers said "AMEN!!!" 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And all the sexual predators and their sympathizers said "AMEN!!!" 

How dare you imply that I am a sexual predator sympathizer.  I said Amen because I am a first amendment sympathizer and because I know that it is the job of the parent to keep our children safe, not the job of the village.  

If you ever choose to have children maybe you will start to understand whose job it is to raise them and keep them safe. 

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I agree with what Gator said and that is all I am ever going to say about this matter. 

That is probably a good idea so you won't get called a sexual predator sympathizer.  That is a new low, even for this board. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

How dare you imply that I am a sexual predator sympathizer. 

I didn't say anything about you.   I read the OP and responded to it.   Sexual predators and pedophiles now have more unfettered access to our children and they and those who are okay with their morality will greatly appreciate  the extra freedom to hunt down and molest children.

I said Amen because I am a first amendment sympathizer and because I know that it is the job of the parent to keep our children safe, not the job of the village.  

It is the job of the government to protect its citizens.  It's why we have laws in the first place.  And the government should make it easier not harder for parents.  This just makes it harder for parents. 

It's rather ridiculous to put up every roadblock and obstacle imaginable to parents and work against parents by indoctrinating their children in school to actually reject their parents values and do everything they can to undermine parents and then claim that the parents just are not doing their jobs if their kids turn into weirdos and perverts.