IGNORED

What to do when I feel God is not listening

Guest madison2004

Guest madison2004

I am going through a hard time right now in my marriage. I have prayed and turned everything over into Gods hands for him to deal with. There has been many people praying and even fasting. Instead of things getting better they have gotten a lot worse. How do I get past anger toward God for feeling as if he is not listening?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

madison,

God always listens...

Now from my experience I have prayed for certain conflicts to work out...prayed and prayed and prayed...here was my mistake I was praying for how I wanted it work out...how I thought was best for me. But my way wasn't the way God had planned.

At the time of these conflicts I felt like He wasn't listening either...remember Gods will be done...and sometimes His answer is not yet...be patient.

Now all these times that I thought God wasn't listening...I found out later that His way of working out my problems was really the best way...

Always pray God's will be done....and for Him to show you what His will is...He will answer you.

I always ask the Lord in my time of troubles to show me what He wants me to do...and please Lord hit me along side the head with it...cuz sometimes I'm a little slow to recieve. :blink:

I will pray also.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest destiny_child

Dear Madison,

Psalm 23 has always been my favorite Psalm in times of distress like yours. Pray to the Lord for strength and patience when you don't see anything coming well your way. Continue to worship and thank God even when life doesn't seem to work out the way you expect it to. This reverand act of submission is what God seeks "Seek ye first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added upon you" (Matt 6:33). And you'll be blessed because you have taken claim into action His word for you in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

Madison, do not be disheartened for the Lord hears and He will provide for you in His perfect time. But the Lord always works from the inside out. He is seeking your heart, your faith in Him, and the building of your character first and foremost. One day, years later, when you look back to this day, you will realise you have learnt so much.

I will certainly continue to pray for you and your children. God bless you.

Guest hopeful in ohio

Oh Madison! I truely feel for you. Your message actually brought tears to my eyes! I am separated from husband, troubled marriage. You need to remember that when it seems like it's getting worse, or nothing is happening, it is because the Lord IS working and the enemy is trying harder. Make sense? The enemy is trying to destroy your hope, because he knows God is by your side and He IS working girl! You stand on your faith! I will be praying for you and I am by your side as well! We aren't gonna stand for the enemy to take our marriages!

I know it's hard to wait on God. Believe me, I know. I have been sep. for going on 2 yrs. But, my husband and I are talking and spending time together. When God is done, it's gonna be beautiful. If God decides not to mend it, which I doubt, then He knows BEST! Keep praying! God IS listening. Just keep leaning on Him and focus on your relationship w/God. He will carry you through! :noidea:

God bless you!

hopeful in Ohio

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,164
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Take your wife/husband to a Family Life "Weekend To Remember" seminar. It has helped many many marriages that I am aware of..... including mine :noidea:

Sam