• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You are correct no one said those exact words. 

"They all will be taught by God", it's fulfilled in the New Covenant. 

And it does not offend, but rather complements, "the all will be taught by God in the New Covenant". 

The statement "the all were not taught by God before the New Covenant". 

Except the prophets, and some rare exceptions. 

It is not about the prophesies, it is about the Prophets, a few prophets, a lot of prophesies. 

No this came to all, in the New covenant and not before the Day of Penticost. 

What a strange situation, what can we learned from these events, I empathize events, for many reasons. 

Before the Penticost the disciples, and many others, hundreds of them, they believed in Jesus Christ is the way to the Heavenly Father, so they were not mistaken to whom they belong. 

Do I have to say, that they understood the redemption that was in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 

By that time the disciples had stopped practising the old Covenant. 

JESUS CHRIST stay with them many days, how many, and he taught them many things. 

But this the remarkable thing.

They had JESUS and the Heavenly Father, but not the Holy Spirit. 

They were redeemed, in the New covenant, belonging to Jesus Christ and they also had the Father, but not the Holy Spirit. 

What can we learned from this event. 

Peter met a strange man a sorserer who believed in Jesus Christ and follow Peter . 

This man was influence by the way they were doing things in the ocult , and he thought he may have the gifts of Peter, by the way of doing things in his past, and offer money to Peter so he can have the same gifts of the Holy Spirit. 

Peter told him that because of that he will not have the Holy Spirit in his life. 

What a lesson, sounds if someone insults the Holy Spirit he has no part in it.

Pour man. Saved he lived his life without the Holy Spirit. 

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

How did the topic change?

The OP is reflected in the title of this thread  'Jesus is God' not 'what must we believe about Jesus to be saved?'.

The subject is to read the Bible as it is. 

JESUS was not offended and threaten to punish the blind man, who call him "Son of David", Jesus left everything for him, he went out of his way to personally meet him. 

JESUS marvel, a blind man can see that he is the Son of David, and Jesus gave him his wish, because the blind man was very upset, because the Son of David was standing Infront of him, and he cannot see him. 

All this time the Nation was waiting for the Son of David, and how unlucky he was that he came in his time, and he can not see him, because he was blind. 

JESUS gave him his wish and he open his eyes so he can see him. 

How happy this man must have been. 

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That had something to do with sobody else, who read the scriptures, and quickly forget. 

JESUS said to Nicodemus, you believe in me now, but when you believe in me that I am the CHRIST , but you must believe in me after you see me on the Cross. 

JESUS said to believe in him that he died for our sins. 

Why did you say to believe that he is the I AM. 

John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins"

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

14 hours ago, simplejeff said:

.The errors as noted below.  (i.e. thinking that in reading and study of Scripture someone can find YHWH or find eternal life,  as JESUS pointed out the error of that way of thinking , very directly)

Note also, if YHWH permits,  the false assumptions in the content of the posts,  not in line with truth, not in line with Scripture.....  (but assumed as the scribes, pharisees and saducees did;  which Jesus corrected very directly) ....

Doesn't the Bible teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ whereby men must be saved? Where else can we find God, Truth, eternal life, except from the Scriptures?

14 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Read the posts again - there was no judgment of you nor any assumption that you abide in Christ or not.

What you say of Faith is true, when in line with all Scripture,  not just part of Scripture - that was the point.

Just reading the Word of God does not produce faith in any person, "automatically" nor "guaranteed" as you posted,

any more than it did in the scribes, pharisees and saducess who had/ have TORAH and who thought that by study and reading they could find life, 

yet they opposed LIFE,  when HE was standing right there in front of them.

You are correct that just reading the Bible does not produce automatic faith for the things of God are foolishness to those who are perishing.

The Jews believed the Torah. They believed in the One True God. They believed in the OT laws. What they couldn't believe was that Jesus was their long awaited Messiah. He didn't meet the qualifications. He didn't fulfill the Messianic prophecies such as rebuild the 3rd Temple or gather all Jews back to the land of Israel. Salvation by the cross is a stumbling block for the Jews. (1 Cor. 1:23)

I have heard countless testimonies from former members of false religions of how they picked up the Bible and began to read it and a passage would stand out and illuminate their understanding. They did indeed find Life. They had been convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit while reading the law.

The Scriptures is God speaking to us and He only gets through if we are willing to listen.

7 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The question was what we must believe about Jesus to have the forgiveness of sins. 

To believe that he is the CHRIST and that he died for the forgiveness for our sins. 

How do you believe your sins are forgiven? 

When you believe that Jesus died for our sins, or that he said : before Abraham I Am? 

If you just believe that Jesus said, before Abraham I AM, do you have forgiveness of sins. 

No one has said that Jesus did not say , before Abraham "ego eimai". 

We all have the same Bible. 

To Moses it was said "I AM, WHO I AM.

There is no remission of sins without the shedding of blood, Christ's blood. (Hebrews 9:22)

12 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

There can be no remission of sins without the shedding of blood...Christ's blood. (Hebrews 9:22)

This is the blood of the New Covenant, for the remission of your sins. 

And they overcame him, by their testimony and the blood of the Lamb. 

54 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is the blood of the New Covenant, for the remission of your sins. 

And they overcame him, by their testimony and the blood of the Lamb. 

You asked in a previous post how are one's sins forgiven. By the shed blood of Christ on the cross. Do you believe that?

Guest Thallasa
15 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

How it thiss so, "Thallasa" is an ancient Greek word, in use till today and forever.

The punctuation is on the first syllable. 

Greece is a country surounded on the three sides by Thallasa. 

The Ionian to the west, the Ageian to the East and the Mediterranean to the South. "Ti Kanis", means " how are you". 

"Kala" is "fine". 

The punctuation for the word" kanis" is on the first syllable, and for "kala" on the second syllable. Cheer up, Now you know some Greek. Opa!!

Closest friendnt , Thankyou for this info . So it is  kind of trinity , around water . How Christian is that !! I chose it by sheer chance ,but liking the sound of what it could mean . Definitely will not change it now .

However I will not be learning Greek , as I have to learn Spanish and Catalan ,  having already French , and that is more than I can handle . :emot-LOL:

Would you spell it , with one or two L s ?

Edited by Thallasa

1 hour ago, Thallasa said:

Closest friendnt , Thankyou for this info . So it is  kind of trinity , around water . How Christian is that !! I chose it by sheer chance ,but liking the sound of what it could mean . Definitely will not change it now .

However I will not be learning Greek , as I have to learn Spanish and Catalan ,  having already French , and that is more than I can handle . :emot-LOL:

Would you spell it , with one or two L s ?

Every time I see your name Thalassa, can not help it to remember my childhood, and what we love to do the most, going to "Thalassa", to the sea for a pick nick and swimming. 

That is, in Greece we do not have lakes to go swimming, and we are surounded by thalassa. 

Many of the folk songs are about thalassa. 

The Greek flag has the light blue color of the thalassa, (the sea), and the surf, in a set up that resembles the waves of the sea, with the Cross on the flag and on top of the flag pole, Greece is very proud of their Christian history, and their contribution to the faith. 

Our holidays and our activities are always and all summer weakends by the sea, "thalassa". 

This is the meaning today for the word "thalassa". 

Thank you for replying, and God bless.