IGNORED

Hawaii just became the first US state to pass a bill supporting basic income

ayin jade

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

There is to be no discrimination based on nationality of any percentage.

Currently,with the hawaiian hand outs in which this post is based?  I dont understand your cryptic statement

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

The folks who are working. Do you want to get taxed higher tax rates for someone else to sit around when they are able to work? What few companies are left in hawaii will leave. 

I'm not living in Hawaii (that would be nice) so I'm not sure how this would effect me. I also have no ideal what employment is available there. Is there a lack of jobs there? It is hard for me to decided if this is a good or bad thing due to not knowing that information.  

Being homeless in Hawaii I don't think would be as bad as being homeless in Michigan. It is too cold in Michigan to be homeless in the winter. No ideal why I toss that in. Sometimes I just type random thoughts. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

I also have no ideal what employment is available there. Is there a lack of jobs there? It is hard for me to decided if this is a good or bad thing due to not knowing that information.  

Regardless of the 'opportunities' claimed, true or false, to be able to work,

the entitlement and welfare programs put in use in the USA for the last 75 years have destroyed much of society and many lives, and many families.   They are not set up at all in line with SCRIPTURE,  nor honoring YHWH in any way. (i.e. not His Way).

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Regardless of the 'opportunities' claimed, true or false, to be able to work,

the entitlement and welfare programs put in use in the USA for the last 75 years have destroyed much of society and many lives, and many families.   They are not set up at all in line with SCRIPTURE,  nor honoring YHWH in any way. (i.e. not His Way).

That is all fine and well but what if there are no paying jobs. Or maybe too many people and not enough jobs? Maybe not as many tourist  are going to Hawaii ? In other words, before I go off on a rant about people being on welfare I want to know more about what is going on in Hawaii. I'm going to go google stuff see what more I can find out on this. 

12 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not living in Hawaii (that would be nice) so I'm not sure how this would effect me. I also have no ideal what employment is available there. Is there a lack of jobs there? It is hard for me to decided if this is a good or bad thing due to not knowing that information.  

Being homeless in Hawaii I don't think would be as bad as being homeless in Michigan. It is too cold in Michigan to be homeless in the winter. No ideal why I toss that in. Sometimes I just type random thoughts. 

Hawaii is an expensive state to live in. Medium house costs over 500k. Maybe thats why people need some free cash? idk

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Hawaii is an expensive state to live in. Medium house costs over 500k. Maybe thats why people need some free cash? idk

Yeah. I feel I am not getting the whole story from the article. If they have working people not being able to afford basic needs that is an issue. 

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah. I feel I am not getting the whole story from the article. If they have working people not being able to afford basic needs that is an issue. 

Well Hawaii is a liberal state and some say Hawaii is way more liberal than other liberal states. It makes sense that they would do what liberals do ;which is nonsensical. lol

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

That is all fine and well but what if there are no paying jobs. Or maybe too many people and not enough jobs? Maybe not as many tourist  are going to Hawaii ? In other words, before I go off on a rant about people being on welfare I want to know more about what is going on in Hawaii. I'm going to go google stuff see what more I can find out on this. 

i.e. you will find that almost no state is working in line with the BIBLE.   Not for working people.  Not for unemployed people.  Not for living people.  etc etc etc

Okay after a very  fast google search as I am pressed for time because it is laundry/housework day for me. It seem many of the jobs in Hawaii are becoming  automated. Leaving people unable to be employed. This was just a fast search as I am sure there is more to the story. But many of your reactions to this  makes me wonder why Christians are so quick to judge people on welfare and complain about them taking your money. All I wanted was more info as to the reason why this was going on, and already many here are finding disagreement with me.   I will look into this more when I have more time. For now I remain neutral on the topic.