• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

21 minutes ago, Culinary said:

Thank you!! Exactly right!! It's not our place to have judgement. It's God who is the jury and the judge. Everyone has their own judgement day and only God has the ability to make that determination and knowledge as to what that judgement will be. 

Have you never even opened the Bible to read it !?

God NEVER approves of perversion - it is written HE hates those whose heart is full of perversion.

God never approves of any sin.   And clearly instructs all his assemblies to put out from their midst anyone who claims to be a believer yet refuses to stop being greedy, to stop having a violent temper, to stop committing adultery,

to stop committing idolatry,  and so forth and so on...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Have you never even opened the Bible to read it !?

God NEVER approves of perversion - it is written HE hates those whose heart is full of perversion.

God never approves of any sin.   And clearly instructs all his assemblies to put out from their midst anyone who claims to be a believer yet refuses to stop being greedy, to stop having a violent temper, to stop committing adultery,

to stop committing idolatry,  and so forth and so on...

Yes, I definitely have opened a bible and read it. I attend church twice a week and even attend bible study. Perhaps, I may not be as knowledgeable about the bible as you are however.....

Shame on you....for feeling the need to belittle me because I have a differing outlook or interpretation of something.  Or because you feel that I am less knowledgeable about the bible as you are. 

Clearly we don't agree but that doesn't give you the right to be rude. This is an open forum for discussion and if you can't do so in a polite manner you should have control over yourself to refrain from comment in a less than constructive way.

Jesus bore all the guilt and shame on the cross, remember ?   Do you contradict Him on purpose, or just really don't know ?

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Jesus bore all the guilt and shame on the cross, remember ?   Do you contradict Him on purpose, or just really don't know ?

Wow....and you continue to be rude, disrespectful and entirely impolite to me. At this time I am going to bow out of the conversation. 

Thank you and God's blessings to you Jeff.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, Culinary said:

While I can appreciate your view point and stance I find it incredibly fascinating given that even the Pope can have love, empathy,  understanding, and compassion for the LGBT community.  He asks for Christians to not judge them and to love them. He says "if someone is homosexual and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"...he goes on to say that God doesn't condem the LGBT community...further more he expresses that individuals of the LGBT community make real contributions to the community.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/667286

By quoting the pope, you discredited your comment. Pick up a copy of "The Dark history of the catholic church"  or look up on PBS the well known  show "Front line", Documentaries through investigative reporting, and then  look up the series; "The Vatican"  Documented.      Or google  "Homosexuals within the Vatican". Then see if you want to quote the pope on his religious views. There's as many sources as you can want to read/watch. You can find out why the previous pope resigned, as it relates to this topic. (What happened to our children in the hands of the men in black robes)  And what never happened to those predators  who hurt our children, just relocate them.(to your home town?).............Love Love Love

2 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

By quoting the pope, you discredited your comment. Pick up a copy of "The Dark history of the catholic church"  or look up on PBS the well known  show "Front line", Documentaries through investigative reporting, and then  look up the series; "The Vatican"  Documented.      Or google  "Homosexuals within the Vatican". Then see if you want to quote the pope on his religious views. There's as many sources as you can want to read/watch. You can find out why the previous pope resigned, as it relates to this topic. (What happened to our children in the hands of the men in black robes)  And what never happened to those predators  who hurt our children, just relocate them.(to your home town?).............Love Love Love

Thank you for your insight Gary. I will look for the sources that you speak of.

Thank you!! Exactly right!! It's not our place to have judgement. It's God who is the jury and the judge. Everyone has their own judgement day and only God has the ability to make that determination and knowledge as to what that judgement will be. 

That's exactly wrong.  Jesus trained and taught and showed the disciples the right way to judge - with YHWH'S JUDGMENT - just and true and correct.

And the assembly was told to judge themselves daily even, so they would not suffer more severe judgment later.

Putting the sinners out of the assembly was part of the instructions, if the sinner(s) continued sinning and did not repent. 

This is clearly spelled out , over and over, in the New Testament.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Culinary said:

While I can appreciate your view point and stance I find it incredibly fascinating given that even the Pope can have love, empathy,  understanding, and compassion for the LGBT community.

The most loving and compassionate thing you can do for the LGBT community is to share the Gospel and warn them that they are under God's judgement and call them to repentance.   I understand them, but they are wrong and they need to repent or they will face an eternity in Hell.   Singing them to sleep with worldly love and so-called "compassion" is simply ensuring that they will spend eternity without God.

He asks for Christians to not judge them and to love them. He says "if someone is homosexual and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"...he goes on to say that God doesn't condem the LGBT community...further more he expresses that individuals of the LGBT community make real contributions to the community.

The Pope is wrong.  God DOES condemn the homosexual community.  Homosexualilty is expressly called an "abomination" by God. He hates it and detests it.   No one can live in and practice homosexuality and enter the Kingdom of God.

Does he agree that homosexuality is sinful yes...but he also says that it's his belief that when a homosexual person appears before Jesus that Jesus certainly won't say go away because you are homosexual. 

And this is what I am talking about when I say that singing people to sleep will only send them to Hell.   Yes, they will be turned away for being homosexual.   Those who practice sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God, period.  You cannot live in unrepentant sin, live in disobedience to God's commandments and expect to enter Heaven.   Doesn't work that way.

Someone who sins...is more than just their sin. Their sin doesn't all encompass them as an individual.  Loving that person inspite of their sin does not condone it. It's disgraceful for me as a Christian to marginalize someone and all that they offer and bring to the world strictly based on their sexuality.

You don't understand.   We stand before God either under the law or under grace.   It is not about what does or does not encompass a person.  It is about their spiritual standing before God.  Those living in unrepentant sin will stand before God under the law.  They are under a curse of death.   Those who have repentant of their sin, forsaken their sin and accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord stand before God under grace.   The homosexual who refuses to repent of their lifestyle stands before God under the law and under the sentence of death that already hangs over the corporate head of sinful, unrepentant humanity.

It's obvious that we won't agree on this issue. That's okay... I can appreciate your passion in your stance and belief.

We don't agree, but it has nothing to do with my stance or passion.  It is because the Bible is the final authority on all matters of Christian faith and practice, and I appeal to it.   You appeal to nothing but emotion.

Personally I belong to a church that while our pastor doesn't condone homosexuality he believes as Christians we need to have open minds and open hearts. For that I'm thankful. 

Sin is sin and homosexuality is a sin and one that will send many to Hell.  You need to open your mind to Scripture.   Your "pastor," by your description, is a false shepherd.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Wow, no judgement there!!!!

I believe what Jesus' teaches, which is love, mercy, grace, understanding and not for individuals to judge but leave that to God.

We should only lead to the Shephard in Love and let him lead to God's Salvation and Will.

Matthew 23 is a good read.

Nope, no judgment at all.   But we are called to reprove darkness and to warn those who are under God's judgment that they are in danger of hell if they don't repent and obey the Gospel.   We are called to give people the truth, not make them comfortable in their sin.     Jesus taught more about hell than about heaven.

Guest shiloh357

And he has made that known to us in Scripture.   God has already told us what he has and will continue to judge.  And he has told us how we can escape judgment and that through repentance and through eternal salvation offered only through Jesus.