• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, shiloh357 said:

This has nothing to do with bad habits.  It has to do with repenting and turning from sin.  It is the Holy Spirit that enables that.  It is not about condemning anyone, but rather condemning a lifestyle that God has already condemned.

Some sins become bad habits. But it can take time to break them. It takes prayer and fasting. It takes meditation on the word of God. And also others to pray for us about our sins. In James it says confess your sins to one another and the prayers of the righteous will work on our behalf. It takes using the means God gives us to overcome sin.

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Some sins become bad habits. But it can take time to break them. It takes prayer and fasting. It takes meditation on the word of God. And also others to pray for us about our sins. In James it says confess your sins to one another and the prayers of the righteous will work on our behalf. It takes using the means God gives us to overcome sin.

No, they are not bad habits. They are spiritual strongholds. And the Holy Spirit can destroy them instantly and He will do it.

James is talking about confessing our faults and weaknesses.  Our sins are confessed to Jesus alone, as He is the only one who can absolve us and cleanse our conscience.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Sin is habit too. 

Guest BacKaran

My Roman Catholic sister is loving her homosexual daughter to hell by approving of her Union with another homosexual. Everyone was invited to the so called celebration but me, because I am against homosexuality. So as the Roman Catholic and un saved pagans rejoice in her all the way to hell, my loving rebukes on the subject are taboo and seen as arrogance, unloving and hateful.

So if a homo says I was born this way, I reply. I was too! It's called a sinful nature of the devil. They don't want to hear their perversion is sin so they hate those who boldly tell them the Truth in love.

Just my two cents in noticing a few newbies are really promoting Islam and homosexuality recently.

We, the saved remnant, will not be swayed. We have Jesus, the TRUTH and we will stand up for Him even into death.

Thanks Shiloh and Jeff, a great conversation by all. 

Edited by BacKaran

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Amein.   If a sexual pervert,  a sexual deviant,  comes to church,  their sin will not be tolerated in the assembly.  They may repent of it, and be immersed in Jesus Name,  and start living a new life.

If they try to stay among believers,  they will be shunned, if they do not repent.   Period.  Yes.

If they don't want to hear the truth, 

if they cannot (and they cannot) stand being in the LIGHT(JESUS),   they will not try to stay in church nor on a Christian Forum - their dark sinful soul and mind cannot stand the LIGHT, and they will leave on their own.

Proper shunning will occur naturally while we love them... first our love for The Lord will be apparent to them and as we will not participate in their evil thinking but in love lead the convo away from the darkness into the light, while rejoicing in the light, they will feel isolated in that supernatural occurrence ... Churches that practice shunning are using religiosity in aid to God! It's like if you want to be a part with us then you must do this...    > *wrong*< 
Titus 3:5 (KJV)
[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

When ever we incourage works in salvation ->where exactly or from what are we leading them to what (?) It is supernatural transformation of being able to, outside of all natural perception, accept the pure Word of God as source for all Life in Him The Living Word... when the heart opens to Jesus 
Revelation 3:20 (KJV)
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Relationship will either drive them away or draw them in acccording  [free will/election] of God to His Praise in which we the born of God will have part and parcel eternally... :thumbsup: 

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Sin is habit too. 

It is way, way more than a habit.  Sin is a state of spiritual death, and separation from God.   Sins we commit are acts of rebellion.