• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Spiritual Warfare
Part 1. Introduction.
A Christian can't be possessed. It's written in the Bible. And when it's written in the Bible, that means it's true. Doesn't it? But don't be so ignorant right now, demons can still attack you, in different ways. Possession means inner-attacking while oppression means attacking from outside.
At first, imagine yourself having doubts about how God is (good or bad). You already know He's good but you need to look for evidence and search it in your head. You found out that God is good because he made you, he gave you everything you ever wanted, he offered you a chance to go to Heaven, etc. Now you're okay and you can go to sleep.
Now, imagine yourself having doubts about Christianity. Is Christianity something false? Is the Bible something false? Did Jesus even exist? Is Satan powerful than God? Does God hate me? You search for evidence online. If you're not a true believer, maybe those things you found won't help you. It's okay. You can repent. But if you are a Christian, and you accepted Christ as your savior, and you found out that those verses and explanations and, everything that was written to help you, didn't help you as you expected, it becomes an obsession. (not talking about OCD)
The first example showed us a man that was perfectly normal. A man that found what he was looking for, and was thankful for what he found. The second example showed us either a man that was mentally ill, either a man that was under Spiritual Warfare.
I was under Spiritual Warfare, too. Satan tries to make us hate God. But, let's just think. Why do we want to hate God? Because He gave us whatever we wanted? Jesus came to teach us who God is, and who Satan is. We need to hate Satan, as God hates Satan, as Satan hates us.
While Satan tries to attack us, we can attack him back. This means, we have power over him. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)
Now, Satan's principal weapon is the lie. He lies. He makes us think that the Bible tells us lies. You are probably thinking right now: "Doesn't the Bible want us to believe lies only to depart from Satan?" NO. The Bible wants us to believe the Truth only to depart from Satan and to get to God.
Spiritual Warfare can't lead to possession, but it can get you to be interested in the occult. And, the occult practices rituals. Satanic rituals lead to posession. Just, don't. Okay? I read some phrases written by satanists and they believe false things. Very false things. I'm talking about theistic satanists. I think those phrases left me confused about the religion.
Part 2. How to overcome it.
You can't overcome Spiritual Warfare alone. You need someone to help you. And that someone is God. Pray. Pray, and don't let the bad thoughts harm you.
Jesus, I need your help today. I want to love you, as you love me. I know you died for my sins and you opened us the gates to the Heaven. Satan fears you. He knows nothing can harm me, if you protect me. This is why I ask you for protection, for purifying my mind and for giving me whatever I need, to overcome everything bad that tries to affect me.
The last thing demons would want you to do is to pray. They will try to discourage you, but you need to face your "fears" and start praying. The only one that can help you is God.
Pray. Pray, and pray. Because you need to pray. Continue looking for verses in the Bible that get you out from confusion. Use holy things, like Holy Water or Blessed Salt.
Do not contact a psyhologist unless you really know it is a mental problem (like schizophrenia, delirium or paranoia)
Remember, Christ already defeated Satan. Why would you be scared? Pray. Because "the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
After overcoming the Spiritual Warfare, continue to pray for protection from the Holy Spirit, so that the evil one won't put the hand on you, again.

Hope I helped you with this article :)

God Bless!

Edited by mat007
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

You seem to have quite the interest in demonic influences and spiritual warfare.  May I ask why that is?  Is there something deeper going on you would like to discuss?

• Group:  Junior Member

On 7/9/2017 at 4:59 PM, OneLight said:

You seem to have quite the interest in demonic influences and spiritual warfare.  May I ask why that is?  Is there something deeper going on you would like to discuss?

Yes. I experience spiritual warfare, too. And in the last period of time I didn't give it so much importance. Now, I know that I made a big mistake in ignoring it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, mat007 said:

Yes. I experience spiritual warfare, too. And in the last period of time I didn't give it so much importance. Now, I know that I made a big mistake in ignoring it.

Once someone accepts Jesus and turns their life over to God, they become a danger to the enemy.  Jesus makes it very clear that in this battle, there are no fence sitters.  We are either for Christ or against Christ. We read this is both Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23.

He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

We also find in Ephesians 6:10-18 more about this battle that has been going on forever.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

We should strive to always be aware of the spirit world as it tries to influence us to not obey God, to turn away from the truth, so put on they armor daily.  Study scripture to strengthen you armor and grow in Christ to become a mature warrior.  We are not perfect, but we can try our best to always be on guard, not only for ourselves, but for others as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Once someone accepts Jesus and turns their life over to God, they become a danger to the enemy.  Jesus makes it very clear that in this battle, there are no fence sitters.  We are either for Christ or against Christ. We read this is both Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23.

He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

We also find in Ephesians 6:10-18 more about this battle that has been going on forever.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

We should strive to always be aware of the spirit world as it tries to influence us to not obey God, to turn away from the truth, so put on they armor daily.  Study scripture to strengthen you armor and grow in Christ to become a mature warrior.  We are not perfect, but we can try our best to always be on guard, not only for ourselves, but for others as well.

After winning the spiritual battle, can we be attacked again?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,359
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Spiritual warfare is a complex war that only those in that particular situation can relate to and it is very, very difficult to describe as you are dealing with the unseen world who can and does inflict physical, bodily, mental and host of other things .   You don't choose spiritual warfare, as a believer you have to be prepared for the trials that the Lord may send your way and only he knows why he chooses whom he choose and it can be your day or time tommorow or right now. There is no warning, except for what is written in the Bible about this realm. eph 6.

So you are a christian and you have read the Bible. What does it say,  not to put on the full armor of God, not only after or during spiritual warfare, but at all times. What did Peter warn about. Watch out, beware, the devil prowls around looking for someone to devour.  Spiritual warfare comes only to the christian as he knows that you are a soul winner and if you are doing the Lord's work, then he knows you come to spoil his house.  The strongman keeps his goods in his house.

If we have read the Bible and seen where there are very powerful entities that even Jesus said these kind can only be removed by fasting and prayer.  The christian is not immune from spiritual warfare, as who knows what battles and which servant of his the Lord may choose to do his work and for what purpose.  You are to stand firm and know that GOD IS IN CONTROL.  Plant those words on your forehead as you go into battle and know also that the battle is the Lord and that you are the choosen vessel that he has picked in whatever situation that occurs. Much more to say on this, but work i have to run to now.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

Has a situation occurred where you cast the demon out or away and within a minute it returns ??

Yes. And I'm talking about praying.

Edited by mat007

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/11/2017 at 7:21 AM, mat007 said:

After winning the spiritual battle, can we be attacked again?

Definitely, yes

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/11/2017 at 4:39 AM, mat007 said:

Your best defense. Open your heart to God and let Him fill you with Himself. Love, His presence

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It's draining.  I don't understand it. The closer  I get to God the worse things keep happening.  I pray daily for strength. Been reading up on spiritual warfare.  The devil can work on me but he won't win. God has got me this far.  

• Thumbs Up 1