thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i was thinking the other day is downloading music a sin?

for instance video games that envolve gambling to develope the game, is that a sin?

does every "little" thing that might promote sin in things like video games, music, tv, films ect all count towards the things that will be given to us when we reach heaven?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Downloading music is it a sin? It depends on a lot of variables. IF the website you down load from allows you to do it for free than I would have to say no its not a sin. However, I realize Snapstur use to allow you to do this for free, but they have since been taken to court and lost their case. Now Snapstur must charge some type of of fee per song you download. So now if you look at from this point on any company that is doing it for free is operating illeaglally according to this case. which means you are now breaking the law which is in turn committing a sin.

Games that involve gambling a sin? It depends on far you take it. Why yes it can become a sin, an addictice compulsive behavior, hang-up or habit. That is why we now gamblers anyomyms, and all other types of support groups.

As humans we count things, we hold on to material things, we have regrets and grudges, and we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. IF you believe that these things are keeping you from having a relatiioship with God and interfering with the balance you want to have with God and others than you need to change what you are doing because what you are doing is hurting you and your spiritual walk with God. For those of us whom choose to follow God we are thankful that he does not count rather He forgives as we continue to draw closer to Him. Don't keep doing wrong when you know what is right.

God Bless you in the choice you make,

ray

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I do play games on the computer and download music

as far as the games go they steal away time that could be used for healthier endeavors

and downloading music I would have to say is tricky

the industry argument is that peer to peer steals money from the people who write,perform and publish the music.

Now my personal argument would be that most of the people who were involved in the music I download are dead or retired from the business.

There is a lot of music out there that you can't get on disc anymore.

I see peer to peer as being similar to a library as alot of the stuff you get there is not good quality you could hardly justify paying for it. I'm not sure if it's all illigal as the rules seem to apply under certain circumstances. I have heard that you can download up to 10 megs per day and I also heard that they are trying to nail the people who are uploading.

For a time they were saying it is all illegal yet there are tons of different peer to peer networks going strong.

In short I dunno :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Reaperman - JMO - but I think you are too hung up on "do's" and "don'ts". Christianity isn't about spending every minute in guilt, and obsessing over what you "aren't allowed" to do.

The Bible says to "work out your own salavtion". That is a continual thing, a daily walk with our Lord. HE will guide you in what is right and wrong. You can't find the answers you are looking for here, or anywhere else but your own heart, after asking Him.

Start out each day with a short reading from your Bible. If you don't know what to start with, a really easy thing to do is read one chapter in Proverbs every day. There are 31 chapters, so you can just read the corresponding chapter to that day of the month. Proverbs is chock full of wisdom about how to live your life. Read a chapter before you start your day, and pray throughout the day, asking God to help you apply the wisdom to your life and whenever you question whether something is right or wrong, ask Him what is right. He won't fail you. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

about the music, i did alot of research for a college piece about music, basically the industry is ripping people off left right and centre, suddenly people find they dont have to put up with it they start suing thier own customers...if it was all illegal why make the crd/dvdr burners in the first place, and put a funciton on nero asking if you want to copy copyrighted material. i dont think filesharing is a sin, i think the big 5 music companies need to stop over charging ppl and untill they do there will be alot more "theft" from thier artists.

what was becoming apparent to me was that putting time and energy into videogames or copying music could be seen as idolatrous, which is a bad thing im guessing, and then not wanting to follow the material world, that idea in itself becomes idolatrous. i dont think ive ever been this awear of how much sin is ingrained into every single person on the planet. im all up for sinning less and getting closer to god, but sometimes it just seems like its gonna get me sooner or later one way or the other so why fight it all, all the time?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Just because Elvis is dead (yes he is) doesn't mean that his music is free for the taking nor that his family and estate should be stolen from.

I too am a performing artist and if I were to use the logic that you use here I should have been paid for performing every song I played even though I never wrote them.

A man as clever as your self and a musician to boot should know that Elvis never wrote a song in his life

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

i dont think ive ever been this awear of how much sin is ingrained into every single person on the planet.

That is the best thing I've ever heard you say, you should see the smile on my face! :emot-handshake:

Once you realize that, it's all uphill from there, my friend. And now that you realize it, you have a new realization of exactly what God has done for you. Now, don't get bogged down with that sin - keep an eye out, don't let satan get a foot in the door, and when you wonder about something, ask God. Christianity is about freedom, not bondage. :emot-handshake: