• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Mateo said:

If you don't believe you'll walk as He walked here on earth then you will not. It's lack of faith on you part.

As for me I am convinced of the promise and ability of God. I look at Jude 1:24 and I know that He is able. I read Matthew 5:6 and I am persuaded of this promise.

So then. With that statement, am I to understand that you believe you do not sin, as Jesus did not sin?  This is a simple, yes. or no, question.

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

So then. With that statement, am I to understand that you believe you do not sin, as Jesus did not sin?  This is a simple, yes. or no, question.

Read my statement again.

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When did I use the word 'habitual'? We are not to make a sin a habit. 

IMG_3296.PNG

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Mateo said:
3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Read my statement again.

As any one can see, your statement does not answer my question.  This is a simple question. Are you saying that you do not sin as Jesus did not sin? Yes or no. I don't believe you will answer. Try not to evade the question.   Try to remember, because,  if you don't ever sin, like stating an untruth,  you have to say what you really believe.  If you cannot answer yes or no, I will understand.

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

As any one can see, your statement does not answer my question.  This is a simple question. Are you saying that you do not sin as Jesus did not sin? Yes or no. I don't believe you will answer. Try not to evade the question.   Try to remember, because,  if you don't ever sin, like stating an untruth,  you have to say what you really believe.  If you cannot answer yes or no, I will understand.

Im waiting for his one word answer with baited breath. :)

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

It would help if you actually quoted the passage (btw, I couldn't find those quotes according to their time/date stamps.

Anyhow...

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
(1Jn 2:1)

That is, so that you may not 'habitually sin'. He is not teaching a state of sinlessness.

So he is using another  definition of sin? When he says "but if any man sins"?

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

You are aware that's it's not a simple question. You are aware of the answer and it's requirement for an explanation. You are making an attempt to trap me as they did with Jesus. So how about you go with the answer you want and leave it at that.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

14 hours ago, Mateo said:

So in 1 John 2: 1 it's better translated. "If any man practices sin we have an advocate"?

Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; (READ THAT AGAIN) but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God".

bottom line, "DON'T MINE SIN"...;)

and the way to not mine sin is to change your mine, scripture, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God".

5 minutes ago, 101G said:

Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; (READ THAT AGAIN) but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God".

bottom line, "DON'T MINE SIN"...;)

and the way to not mine sin is to change your mine, scripture, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God".

So if I don't put my mind to sin I can avoid it?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 minute ago, Mateo said:

So if I don't put my mind to sin I can avoid it?

you said that, but you do have a choice in the matter, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". 

transform: make a thorough or dramatic change in the form, appearance, or character of.  you have the power not to sin, but just in case if you slip (the flesh is weak)........ you do have an advocate. but since your feet are on solid ground, you shouldn't be slipping very much :D.