• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What's the problem with an open boarder policy?

For one thing the greater majority of those immigrants coming to America are used to living well below the poverty level.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Are Americans in Iraq legally?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, according to the currect Iraqi gov't we are. But your point is that of comparing apples and oranges and has no relevance to this discussion.

God Bless,

Dave

I personally would like for them to speak english and if they are going to stay here icans.......    Not communities of SE Asia, Mexican or whatever.  If they are going to come to our country they should pay for their existance (no more free schools and health care) unless they are here legally and have jobs or are becoming citizens.

We work around Mexicans all the time and most of them are hard working very nice people.  I do think it is important to keep our language english to keep our country as one people.  If they are going to work here they should be able to speak elementary english and do so in public all the time.

Sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I think that it's wrong for our elected officials to pass laws which cater to the language needs of non-English speaking citizens. For one thing, many of these folks actually want to learn English, and do so outside the home. Having state-issued driver's licenses in 7 different languages is insane!

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I personally would like for them to speak english and if they are going to stay here icans.......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

We should be making sure that they are at the very least paid minumum wage. If they are willing to work harder and longer for less, they get the job, that's how it works for everyone not just Mexicans. Your argument is akin to complaining about a company choosing the lowest bidder for a contract. Why is it acceptable for a corporation to get a job due to willingness to work longer and harder for less, but it is not acceptable for an individual?

I don't think we should have a minimum wage but that is a completely different topic. However M55 by your rationale why should minimum wage even exist? At some point the free market will determine what someone will and won't work for, especially when it comes to making a living. Let the free market drive wages.

As for welfare, while I disagree totally with state welfare, it should be obvious that state welfare should be ONLY for full US citizens. If you are not a citizen you should not be entitled to benefits.

Other One,

I agree completely. If you come to the U.S. you should speak english period. If you can't learn the language you don't deserve to live here.

I wouldn't move to another country without an expectation of learning their language.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I personally would like for them to speak english and if they are going to stay here icans.......    Not communities of SE Asia, Mexican or whatever.  If they are going to come to our country they should pay for their existance (no more free schools and health care) unless they are here legally and have jobs or are becoming citizens.

We work around Mexicans all the time and most of them are hard working very nice people.  I do think it is important to keep our language english to keep our country as one people.  If they are going to work here they should be able to speak elementary english and do so in public all the time.

Sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I think that it's wrong for our elected officials to pass laws which cater to the language needs of non-English speaking citizens. For one thing, many of these folks actually want to learn English, and do so outside the home. Having state-issued driver's licenses in 7 different languages is insane!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The original inhabitants of the USof A didn't speak a word of english.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again Apples and Oranges, the national language is ENGLISH, if you cannot or choose not to speak it you are more then welcome to head back acrossed the border from hence you came.

God Bless,

Dave

I personally would like for them to speak english and if they are going to stay here icans.......

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I wanted to add my two cents here.

I personally believe that there is a bigger issue here that we are not looking at.

It has something to do with dissolution of National Borders.

Hemispheres. :noidea:

I do not believe in conspiracy's. It's all part of a larger foldout of human history that has been Prophesied about. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave