• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

53 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

He was exempt from anything in the flesh other than sin.

He was not exempt from any thing he went through this world as human as we are not exempt from anything

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Our imagination has no spiritual signicance?  If our spirit is our intellect, and we all imagine things and controlled by our intellect; now see the significance?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

We are given mandate by God to rightly divide His Word .... it was the curse of God against sin which brought about entropy. Sin itself is rebellion against God which is described as lie because it is not possible to do such... Lucifer took the things God had given him to increase the perception of God's glory to other angels and began thinking in his being, influenced by those abilities, that he could be God... sin began in that lie! The number one distinctive of God 'IS' that He 'IS' without begin and end and all else has existence by Him for Him unto His pleasure... Lucifer simply refused to use that which was given him to give back to God and this the first sin formed from lie! 

Steven said God did not put his salvation ion in the complex but the simple.  John 3:16 looks simple but, it seems people are making it more simple than allowed.  The word believe does not an easy task easy.  To believe is an action.  Ultimately it means one must study to find truth to believe.  Jesus told some Pastors to get out of his sight because the believed many incorrect things.  This is the fallacy of today's Christianity.  The 5 Virgins who did not study were locked out of the wedding feast.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:blink: 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

22 hours ago, Neighbor said:

if you want Christ to be a 21 year old with special fleshly attributes it is okay by me. Make any theory to support that possibility you want.

Jesus was 33 years old when he died. I don't want him to be 21, I am thinking of what it means to have been sinless.  I don't understand why so many people think that his being fully human means he had a body that was corruptible.  He was fully human as the first Adam was fully human which is why he is called the last Adam.   As far as his being our high priest, he knows all that we experience in sin because he became sin who knew no sin on the cross.  When the sins of the world were placed upon him, then he knew the infirmity of aging as well as all sickness and debilitations. Jesus was perfect just as Adam was perfect.  If Adam had not sinned he would have eaten from the tree of life and never died.  Jesus is the tree of life, thus would not die.

All I am addressing is his appearance, nothing more.

22 hours ago, coheir said:

you just explained how all human body cells work, Jesus became human just as we are. His cells worked the same as other humans. at 30 he looked 30 at 21 he looked 21.  One should not believe he became human but not like other humans, different in some way better than others.

He became the last Adam, perfect without sin.  He was fully human as Adam was fully human before he sinned. We should not assume being fully human means with a fallen nature.

21 hours ago, Fred Eans said:

You are on dangerous ground to espouse something which may make a young Christian fall away.  See Chapter 22 Revelations about adding & subtracting from and to God's word.

Oh brother, give me a break.  Think about what I am saying not what you think I am saying.

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My opinion is, Jesus was 100% God and 100% human. He got tired, angry, hungry, thirsty, was sorrowed, was tempted, etc. I don't believe He was exempt from anything in the flesh other than sin. One of the many reasons He walked the earth in "the flesh", was to set an example in the flesh. Would it be an example if He didn't experience everything we experience in the flesh, including pain, suffering and aging? One hundred percent human means exactly that in my opinion. 

The question of "what if" is a moot point, since God had a plan that was going to be carried out down to the last second in time. Good thing there's no "time" in eternity, as I have so many questions to ask the Lord myself. If there were "time" in eternity, I'm sorry folks, but there wouldn't be enough "time" for y'all to ask your questions, since I would be hogging all of Jesus's time :D

Being hungry, thirsty, sorrowed or tempted does not mean his body aged as we understand it.  He experienced everything we experience because of sin on the cross.  On the cross he became sin who knew no sin.  There he experienced aging, so much so that Isaiah said that he was marred beyond recognition.  His being marred was not due to the scourging or crucifixion. It was because the sins of the world were put upon him.

2 hours ago, Fred Eans said:

Our imagination has no spiritual signicance?  If our spirit is our intellect, and we all imagine things and controlled by our intellect; now see the significance?

That is not what I said nor meant.  I meant imagining him in our reading is not necessarily how he looked just as what we imagine what radio talk show people look like is rarely correct.

I do not agree that our spirit is our intellect.  The mind is the realm of the soul, not the spirit.

2 hours ago, Fred Eans said:

To believe is an action.  Ultimately it means one must study to find truth to believe.

You are half right, believing is an action.  But study is not believing.  Doing is believing.  Study may give you a guide on what to do, but the mere act of study without acting upon it is the source of carnal pride and weariness of the flesh.