• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

The Bible test of a false prophet is given in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 as follows:
‘But the prophet which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him
to speak . . . even that prophet shall die.’ (v.20).

Question: ‘If thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?’

Answer: ‘When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass,
that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou
shalt not be afraid of him.’ (v.22).

Some of Ellen White’s many false and failed prophecies showing her to be a false prophet are:

a) White falsely predicted that some living in 1856 would live to see Christ return:
‘I was shown the company present at the Conference.
Said the angel: ‘Some food for worms, some subjects of the 7 last plagues, some will be alive
and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.'’ Vol. 1, p.131,132,
Testimonies for the Church. This statement was made in 1856 and everyone present in that
meeting is now dead. None lived to see Christ return. This is clearly a false prophecy. White
made no conditions for the fulfilment of this prophecy.

b) White falsely prophesied that England would declare war on the USA about the time of the Civil
War: ‘This nation will yet be humbled into the dust. England is studying whether . . . to make war
on her. When England does declare war, . . . there will be general war.’
Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 1, p.259.
This was a false prophecy, England did not declare war on the USA during the Civil War, and the
USA was not humbled into the dust.

c) White falsely prophesied in 1850 that Old Jerusalem would never be built up. In 1850 Bible
scholars were teaching about Jews returning to Palestine and the restoration of Jerusalem.
White stated, ‘I also saw that Old Jerusalem would never be built up’. Early Writings, p.75.
However, since Israel’s rebirth in 1948 and the Six Day War of 1967, ‘Old Jerusalem’ has been
greatly built up.

d) White falsely prophesied that the time for salvation for sinners had passed in July 1844:
‘The “midnight cry” was finished at the seventh month 1844 (page 43),’Early Writings, p.42-45.

e) White prophesied the world would end in 1843, 1844, 1845 and 1851.
‘the believers explained their mistake & gave reasons why they expected their Lord in 1844.’
Early Wr. p.237