• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

When Mormons use a Christian term, they reject the Biblical definition of that term, and they substitute a false, non-Christian definition in its place.

Consider these false Mormon redefinitions:

1. Christianity = a false, damnable, apostate religion.
2. God = one of many self-progressing bodily deities. He was formerly a man, a finite creature.
Bible refutation:
i) “Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” Isaiah 43:10. “I am the first, and I am the last, and beside me there is no God. Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any.” Isaiah 44:6,8. “I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.” v.5.
“There is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.” v.6. “There is no God else beside me;” v.21. Isaiah 45:5,6,21.
ii) Mormons teach that each god is evolving: “For I am the Lord, I change not.” Malachi 3:6. 3. Jesus Christ = a self-progressing deity (Jehovah of Old Testament) and the first spirit child of Elohim and his wife, Mary.
Mormon Jesus. Biblical Jesus Christ.
i) A created being, i) Uncreated God the brother of Lucifer. (John 1:1,3; Micah 5:2, I Timothy 3:16).
ii) Earned his own salvation ii) Requires no salvation.
by good works. (II Corinthians 5:21- “who knew no sin”).
iii) One of many gods. iii) Second person of the one Godhead. (Exodus 20:3- no other gods).
iv) Conceived by physical sex with iv) Conceived by the Holy Spirit. Mary (Matthew 1:23 a virgin overshadowing Mary. shall be with child).
v) A married polygamist. v) Unmarried.

4. Holy Ghost = A man with a spiritual body of matter. “He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.. and shall be in you.” John 14:16,17.

5. Trinity = Tritheistic. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 separate deities. “Baptising them in the NAME (not names) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19.

6. The Gospel = Mormon theology. “I declare unto you the gospel... Christ died for our sins... he was buried, and he rose again the third day.” I Corinthians 15:1-4.

7. Born again = Water baptism into Mormonism. “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God.” John 1:12. We are born again by receiving Jesus Christ as our Saviour, without any good works.

8. Atonement = God’s provision for an individual to earn their true salvation “by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.” (Articles of Faith, 3). “Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:9.
See “Answers” Chapter 91 entitled “Good Works don’t save us.”

9. True salvation, eternal life, redemption = Exaltation to Godhead in the highest part of the celestial kingdom is based on individual good works and personal merit. Exaltation involves ruling and sexual procreation of spirit children. Reply: Satan’s third lie to Eve was “ye shall be as gods.” Genesis 3:5. Becoming a god appealed to Eve’s pride and also to Mormons’ pride.We will never become a god, but will always be human, yes glorified humans in heaven.

10. The Fall = A spiritual step upward permitting physical bodies of children to be procreated. This is false, because it was already God’s plan for man to reproduce “after their own kind.”

11. Heaven = 3 kingdoms of glory. This is false because the 3 heavens are the atmosphere, space and God’s throne. II Corinthians 12:2.

12. Hell = generally like purgatory; possibly eternal for a very few such as apostate Mormons. False, because Christ “purged our sins.” Hebrews 1:3.

13. The Scriptures = The Book of Mormon, Doctrines and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price; the King James Bible as far as it is translated correctly. (Articles of Faith, 8). False, because of mistakes in Book of Mormon, Doctrines&Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.

Question: How did Mormons reach these false definitions?

Answer: Because they did not rely on the Bible to define its terms. They relied on revelations from the spirit world of demons.