Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Lets go into (James 2:14-18, 20-26) (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. (v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. (v.21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? We read where Abraham, the father of the faithful showed the Lord his faith by his works. (v.22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (v.23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD AND IT WAS IMPUTED UNTO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS: and he was called the friend of God. (v.24) Ye see then how that by works a man is Justified, and not by faith only. Do you see that also? Do you understand that you need works to go along with that faith; if you love and fear God then you should have no problem obeying his commandments. (v.25) Likewise also was not Ra’-hab the harlot justified by works, when she received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? Ra’-hab showed her faith in God and her fear of God by doing good works. (v.26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. Take it or leave it, but this is the true uncut word of God. Just as the body is dead when you take away the spirit (breath) so faith is dead if you have no works.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Let's go into Luke 10:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? Sometimes this is the spirit to have, remember Jesus wash the apostle feet, given us an example. 

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? This  is most likely the world's way of ruling

9 Doth he thank that servant, because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitableservants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Because your reward is in Heaven, For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27) Sometime the Lord will pour out small blessing upon a soul in doing good, but pay attention to what Jesus says in (Matt. 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Sometimes as a Christian you don’t have to say a word, people will see your works.

Start posting scriptures and verse my friend

Im on a phone i cant get them. so ya'll are stuck with Lisa paraphrase.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

As I have said a million times, it is He who works in us both to WILL and to DO of HIS good pleasure.

Amen

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

There is such a thing as pure doctrine......a plumbline......that each one is accountable to seek out and walk in.  Jesus is the plumbline, His words which are our doctrine, and how He lived and walked.  The apostles and prophets are the foundation built against that plumbline (cornerstone).  Obeying the Lord should just be in simplicity, not with fanfare and expecting a pat on the back........it's just our reasonable service.  If we love the Lord and fear Him, we want to please Him.  It's the  carnal mind of man which is always being fed by the impure stream of the serpent that makes something out of pure simple doctrine that it isn't.  So that's why we need the mind of Christ, the Help of the HOLY Spirit who feeds a pure stream to the mind of Christ in us.  Jesus prayed for us to be one.......for all to have the same mind of Christ, so why would the Father not answer His prayer?  I believe it is possible......and certainly that is what we should always aim for, to be true to plumb.  The alternative is to accept error and leaven as normal, rather than endeavouring to keep the house clean.  Jesus was eaten up with zeal for His Father's house, it bookended His ministry......driving out the corruption, not accepting it as normal.

Boy if every preacher/pastor/teacher did nothing but to stand up and read the scriptures out loud Sunday after Sunday, and just believe and accept it all as true, we would start to see a very different church pretty quick..........how about that for a Law......only the words of God allowed in every pulpit and let the mouth of man be stopped.  I would love it.......might even start to go to church again.  But I know it's just a dream....

That is why we are to test all.  IF their words do not line up with scrip.   THEY failed the test  , if they wont be corrected.   ITS JESUS PATTERN from their on out.

I do as Paul, peter, john , james WHO did what JESUS said...........SEPERATE them out .   OR as paul and others said,  FLEE THESE .  SO I DID.  and I NOT EVEN ONCE glanced back.

ALL I do now is warn out against men of belial.  No company and I will warn my lungs out for others to keep no company with them either.

Here is something some miss.    What did GOD tell that one church.   YOU ALLOW.    now ponder that .   HE said yOU allow that false prophetess to teach and to SEDUCE my people.

But by grace I WONT ALLOW NO FALSE THING one false word, without either warning it, or WARNING OTHERS , do not GO NEAR IT.   AM I A HATER For doing such things.

Now ponder , before you answer.   But remember GOD said I have THIS AGSINST YOU, that you ALLOW

• This is Worthy 1

17 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Lets go into (James 2:14-18, 20-26) (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. (v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. (v.21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? We read where Abraham, the father of the faithful showed the Lord his faith by his works. (v.22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (v.23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD AND IT WAS IMPUTED UNTO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS: and he was called the friend of God. (v.24) Ye see then how that by works a man is Justified, and not by faith only. Do you see that also? Do you understand that you need works to go along with that faith; if you love and fear God then you should have no problem obeying his commandments. (v.25) Likewise also was not Ra’-hab the harlot justified by works, when she received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? Ra’-hab showed her faith in God and her fear of God by doing good works. (v.26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. Take it or leave it, but this is the true uncut word of God. Just as the body is dead when you take away the spirit (breath) so faith is dead if you have no works.

Bro tan.   We are supposed to provoke one another unto Good works.    I don't think anyone says otherwise.   it is just Grace alone that saves us and grace alone

that keeps us in line with Him.  Grace is HIS SPIRIT .  the SPRIIT at work, in the members too, to remind , exhort , rebuke , correct , to provoke unto good works.

WE would not even have FAITH were it not for grace.  Yeah, ponder that one.   Cause it sure was not my FLESH that led me to CHRIST , it was GOD who drew me to the SON

FAITH in the Son.   SO here is the credit I give myself.  NOTHTING.   IT was grace alone that did the works within.  I obeyed grace, by its unctions .

No credit for me.  not a lick.    ALL glory to GOD .   ALL recognition to GOD.    Me ,  a dung wicked sinner, simply changed by grace, given a new heart by grace

with new desires by grace,    even the will and abilty BY grace.   OH yes, let pual ring it out one more time.  I laboroured more abundantely than them all,

yet not I . but the grace of GOD.    We cannot even call Him , LORD but by the SPIRIT.  not in heart .   ALL by Grace.   GOD alone gets all recoginitoin

my recognition is this.............A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE.   you can call me that too, if you like. 

20 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Im on a phone i cant get them. so ya'll are stuck with Lisa paraphrase.

LEESA Lisa ,  so long as your paraphrase means what the scrips do.  ITS ALL GOOD.  

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

LEESA Lisa ,  so long as your paraphrase means what the scrips do.  ITS ALL GOOD.  

if they dont then it is heresy (wink). I think you just gave the biblical definition of heresy and if I misslead to get agreement by flesh I might be choseing to participate in a destructive heresy. 1 or 2 Peter Im thinking. or galations those 2 tend to be woven so much the nake one picture in my mind. 

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

if they dont then it is heresy (wink). I think you just gave the biblical definition of heresy and if I misslead to get agreement by flesh I might be choseing to participate in a destructive heresy. 1 or 2 Peter Im thinking. or galations those 2 tend to be woven so much the nake one picture in my mind. 

Absolutely.  IF they don't it is hersey.   Reinitin sister lisa.  And praise the Lord .  

11 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I have even heard it said not only destructive hearsays, but they damnable .    SISTER you sing it to the whole wide world .    It agrees with HOLY DOCTRINE or we shun it.  amen sister.

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Not sure of your point with these things sister.  Haven't read the Shack and don't know much about it but I have heard it is off the rails as far as the gospel is concerned..........so..... what happens after someone meets Christ.........do they believe a book like the Shack and think the gospel is like that.........is it an accurate portrayal, a true Jesus they have received and begin to follow.  We are transformed by the washing of the water of HIS word......if it isn't HIS word can a person really be saved?  I'd want to test that spirit.  Even if they have met Christ, they will no doubt seek fellowship with others believers, probably head to a church......and then will they be taught and see an example of a pure gospel?  Are there any watchmen on the walls to see that it is pure doctrine going forth?  What did the apostle write.........that if anyone, even an angel, comes preaching another gospel let them be anathema.......scripture doesn't teach that we are supposed to be neutral and indifferent and just assume it's going to work out for everyone.  We are supposed to CONTEND for the faith........and we are our brother's keeper.

I actually know a pastor. He was away at college drunk had a fight. wondered off from the party sat down in the grass, a gust of wing created a familur tune from his childhood he started humming it then the words came to him. 

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer 

Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Holy Spirit broke him right there in the grass and He gave his life to Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1