• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

OH no.   I have seen parts of the book the shack.  OH dear is has new age in it.   Just chunk it .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I have even heard it said not only destructive hearsays, but they damnable .    SISTER you sing it to the whole wide world .    It agrees with HOLY DOCTRINE or we shun it.  amen sister.

yes, king james chose damnable. for it. im thinking Second Peter.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

I wasn't speaking of judging one another but of the sprectrum of views as to how a Christian produces fruit. On one end of the spectrum all the emphasis is on man's effort and doing, on the other end all the emphasis is on God's doing. I think the truth is closer to the 2nd but with a caveat...

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
(1Co 15:10)

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Mat 11:28-30)

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
(Joh 15:4-5)

Amen! The power is in the blood of Jesus Christ shed! Jesus paid the entire cost . Hebrews 13:12

Then, as we are sanctified , we are able to possess more and more good fruit than bad because of the spirit indwelling and not of our own merit. Phil 4:13 

When we grit our teeth and put ourelves under extreme law;we fail every single time because we are doing it from our flesh ! 

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Not sure of your point with these things sister.  Haven't read the Shack and don't know much about it but I have heard it is off the rails as far as the gospel is concerned..........so..... what happens after someone meets Christ.........do they believe a book like the Shack and think the gospel is like that.........is it an accurate portrayal, a true Jesus they have received and begin to follow.  We are transformed by the washing of the water of HIS word......if it isn't HIS word can a person really be saved?  I'd want to test that spirit.  Even if they have met Christ, they will no doubt seek fellowship with others believers, probably head to a church......and then will they be taught and see an example of a pure gospel?  Are there any watchmen on the walls to see that it is pure doctrine going forth?  What did the apostle write.........that if anyone, even an angel, comes preaching another gospel let them be anathema.......scripture doesn't teach that we are supposed to be neutral and indifferent and just assume it's going to work out for everyone.  We are supposed to CONTEND for the faith........and we are our brother's keeper.

My sister was an Iv meth addict 13 years in protitution. We didnt know if she was alive or dead. She read the book the Shake. Hoky Spirit started councel in her heart and brough the Word to her mind. she called out for Jesus to save her and He did. Also know an evangalist, was in a hotel drunk, his wife had kicked him out the Holy Spirit brought his memory of his grandmas prayers to him. So he prayed to the Lord broken and the Lord restored him, his marriage, He put his hands on the plow and has never looked back. The Lord saves people. He even uses our doctrin formula's and churches, uses penticostals, catholics, calvinists, luthrens, methodist, episcopals and the amish. Those he saves have a testimony of Christ and good works follow. Faith without works is dead.

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Haven't read the Shack and don't know much about it but I have heard it is off the rails as far as the gospel is concerned..........so..... what happens after someone meets Christ.........do they believe a book like the Shack and think the gospel is like that.........is it an accurate portrayal, a true Jesus they have received and begin to follow.

Yes it if way off the rails!! It is the mother load of missing the mark !! Portrays  God The Father as an African American woman and the Holy Spirit as a mysterious Asian woman named Sarayu. These two characters as the promotion of “goddess worship” or a feminist God. Those that applaud it are lacking discernment. That is so very sad.

Thirteen other heresies of the shack.

1. God the Father was crucified with Jesus.

Because God’s eyes are pure and cannot look upon sin, the Bible says that God would not look upon His own beloved Son as He hung on the Cross, carrying our sins (Habakkuk 1:13; Matthew 27:45).

2. God is limited by His love and cannot practice justice.

The Bible declares that God’s love and His justice are two sides of the same coin – equally a part of the personality and the character of God (Isaiah 61:8; Hosea 2:19).

3. On the Cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not. Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless.

Jesus explained that only those who come to Him will be saved (John 14:6).

4. Hierarchical structures, whether they are in the Church or in the government, are evil.

Our God is a God of order (Job 25:2).

5. God will never judge people for their sins.

The Word of God repeatedly invites people to escape from the judgment of God by believing in Jesus Christ, His Son (Romans 2:16; 2 Timothy 4:1-3).

6. There is not a hierarchical structure in the Godhead, just a circle of unity.

The Bible says that Jesus submitted to the will of the Father. This doesn’t mean that one Person is higher or better than the other; just unique. Jesus said, “I came to do the will of Him who sent me. I am here to obey my Father.” Jesus also said, “I will send you the Holy Spirit” (John 4:34, 6:44, 14:26, 15:26).

7. God submits to human wishes and choices.

Far from God submitting to us, Jesus said, “Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life.” We are to submit to Him in all things, for His glory and because of what He has accomplished for us (Matthew 7:13-15).

8. Justice will never take place because of love.

The Bible teaches that when God’s love is rejected, and when the offer of salvation and forgiveness is rejected, justice must take place or God has sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for nothing (Matthew 12:20; Romans 3:25-26).

9. There is no such a thing as eternal judgment or torment in hell.

Jesus’ own description of hell is vivid. It cannot be denied (Luke 12:5, 16:23).

10. Jesus is walking with all people in their different journeys to God, and it doesn’t matter which way you get to Him.

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one will come to the Father but by me” (John 14:6).

11. Jesus is constantly being transformed along with us.

Jesus, who dwells in the splendor of heaven, sits at the right hand of God, reigning and ruling the universe. The Bible says, “In Him there is no change, for He is yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 11:12, 13:8; James1:17).

12. There is no need for faith or reconciliation with God because everyone will make it to heaven.

Jesus said, “Only those who believe in me will have eternal life” (John 3:15, 3:36, 5:24, 6:40).

13. The Bible is not true because it reduces God to paper.

The Bible is God-breathed. Sure, there were many men through 1,800 years who put pen to paper (so to speak), each from different professions and different backgrounds, but the Holy Spirit infused their work with God’s words. These men were writing the same message from Genesis to Revelation. If you want to read more about the place of Christ in the Scripture, read “We Preach Christ” (2 Timothy 3:16).

https://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/thirteen-heresies-in-the-shack.html

8 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

My sister was an Iv meth addict 13 years in protitution. We didnt know if she was alive or dead. She read the book the Shake. Hoky Spirit started councel in her heart and brough the Word to her mind. she called out for Jesus to save her and He did. Also know an evangalist, was in a hotel drunk, his wife had kicked him out the Holy Spirit brought his memory of his grandmas prayers to him. So he prayed to the Lord broken and the Lord restored him, his marriage, He put his hands on the plow and has never looked back. The Lord saves people. He even uses our doctrin formula's and churches, uses penticostals, catholics, calvinists, luthrens, methodist, episcopals and the amish. Those he saves have a testimony of Christ and good works follow. Faith without works is dead.

Noone has said good works dont follow salvation! WHY DONT YOU GET THAT? WHY ARENT THE WORDS ON THE PAGES GETTING THROUGH TO YOU?  WE HAVE ALL SAID THAT GOOD WORKS DO NOT SAVE!! Oh ye of  stiff neck....

Which btw, the shack is hellywood dung . God doesnt use heresy to save. 

2 Corinth 6:1514Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?16What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people.”…
Ephesians 5:11
Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

1 John 1:6
If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

3 hours ago, Reinitin said:

some people find Christ in that book,"The Shack". and he starts walking with them before they even open a bible. He can testify for salvation with a song, a leaf and a breeze.

They find some form of Christ but not THE CHRIST. 

What you say sounds so poetic but thats about it!! 

Oh ye who are tossed by every wave of doctrine.... so sad.

For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

oh then by your rule of how Christ works Paul found a false Christ. 

19 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

you do realize that four about 17 hundred years of chritianity most christians couldn't read and believed and grew in christ with out a bible and many underground churches and christians only have a letter or a page and believe. Do you know under ground churches in North Korea are flurishing of the testimony of the gospel and no bibles? if you follow evangilists or voice of the maryyrs you would know people died taking the gospel to isolated tribes and evangalists returned 20 years later to find civilzations with the testimony of Christ. Look at the history of the church in India.. Thomas was gone 200 or 300 years or more catholic church came back and found a strong church of believers that never had pauls letters. Christ is the head of his church.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Yes it if way off the rails!! It is the mother load of missing the mark !! Portrays  God The Father as an African American woman and the Holy Spirit as a mysterious Asian woman named Sarayu. These two characters as the promotion of “goddess worship” or a feminist God. Those that applaud it are lacking discernment. That is so very sad.

Thirteen other heresies of the shack.

1. God the Father was crucified with Jesus.

Because God’s eyes are pure and cannot look upon sin, the Bible says that God would not look upon His own beloved Son as He hung on the Cross, carrying our sins (Habakkuk 1:13; Matthew 27:45).

2. God is limited by His love and cannot practice justice.

The Bible declares that God’s love and His justice are two sides of the same coin – equally a part of the personality and the character of God (Isaiah 61:8; Hosea 2:19).

3. On the Cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not. Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless.

Jesus explained that only those who come to Him will be saved (John 14:6).

4. Hierarchical structures, whether they are in the Church or in the government, are evil.

Our God is a God of order (Job 25:2).

5. God will never judge people for their sins.

The Word of God repeatedly invites people to escape from the judgment of God by believing in Jesus Christ, His Son (Romans 2:16; 2 Timothy 4:1-3).

6. There is not a hierarchical structure in the Godhead, just a circle of unity.

The Bible says that Jesus submitted to the will of the Father. This doesn’t mean that one Person is higher or better than the other; just unique. Jesus said, “I came to do the will of Him who sent me. I am here to obey my Father.” Jesus also said, “I will send you the Holy Spirit” (John 4:34, 6:44, 14:26, 15:26).

7. God submits to human wishes and choices.

Far from God submitting to us, Jesus said, “Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life.” We are to submit to Him in all things, for His glory and because of what He has accomplished for us (Matthew 7:13-15).

8. Justice will never take place because of love.

The Bible teaches that when God’s love is rejected, and when the offer of salvation and forgiveness is rejected, justice must take place or God has sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for nothing (Matthew 12:20; Romans 3:25-26).

9. There is no such a thing as eternal judgment or torment in hell.

Jesus’ own description of hell is vivid. It cannot be denied (Luke 12:5, 16:23).

10. Jesus is walking with all people in their different journeys to God, and it doesn’t matter which way you get to Him.

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one will come to the Father but by me” (John 14:6).

11. Jesus is constantly being transformed along with us.

Jesus, who dwells in the splendor of heaven, sits at the right hand of God, reigning and ruling the universe. The Bible says, “In Him there is no change, for He is yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 11:12, 13:8; James1:17).

12. There is no need for faith or reconciliation with God because everyone will make it to heaven.

Jesus said, “Only those who believe in me will have eternal life” (John 3:15, 3:36, 5:24, 6:40).

13. The Bible is not true because it reduces God to paper.

The Bible is God-breathed. Sure, there were many men through 1,800 years who put pen to paper (so to speak), each from different professions and different backgrounds, but the Holy Spirit infused their work with God’s words. These men were writing the same message from Genesis to Revelation. If you want to read more about the place of Christ in the Scripture, read “We Preach Christ” (2 Timothy 3:16).

https://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/thirteen-heresies-in-the-shack.html

Thanks BlueEyed.......it sure sounds dismal....way off the mark.......hope no-one is implying that it's okay to use it as an evangelistic tool instead of warning against it.  I once used to take the concept of God's sovereignty too far.......but thankfully He took my thoughts captive to His truth....and He helped me to understand that just because He is sovereign and in His great mercy will sometimes use unconventional things to open a person's heart, doesn't mean we are to stop contending for the faith......or that we endorse sin and error just because God is greater than sin and error.  I've even met people who are so spiritual they think being concerned about sound doctrine is just for "babes" and God is magically going to work it all out and we have no part in it.  Oh well, I'm a "babe" then.......it's nice to know at my age. ;)   

• Thumbs Up 1