• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

The problem is people look for spiritual experiences as evidence.

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

The problem is people look for spiritual experiences as evidence.

Sorry for misunderstanding Davida........some days my brain is in neutral......well into post-menopause now, and that's just a nice way of saying old.  Okay, IF I'm understanding you now.....then I agree......don't think works can be defined as spiritual experiences......works is obeying God and doing righteous things (sometimes that can involve spiritual, but by no means necessarily). 

And for the record I don't take it that James was even talking about "looking" for evidence,  I don't think he meant it in that way, though I know some do take it that way........it looks to me like he was exhorting and admonishing and maybe reproving a group who were not showing any works......stirring them up to good works.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, Davida said:

But Reinitin, I'm late to this thread, forgive me.  But I have a question - how can people be "doers of the Word" if they don't read, know the Word, study & obey it?  I've seen some of the people that claimed that the "Spirit" was moving them - but it was clearly not the Holy Spirit, but"spirits" i.e. drunk in the spirit and other things . How does anyone know if they are "acts of righteousness & good works?"  

Well then we pray the Lord give them a hunger and thirst for the Word and lead them on a path of tighteousness for his names sake.

Edited by Reinitin

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I believe through all that which is God's doing we can't be securer.

Amen. We can not be more secure  now than we were yesterday! 

29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”…

We are justified he moment God saves us and gives us his indwelling spirit. From that moment and until  we draw our last breath we are being sanctified   ie molded by the potter . 

22 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

How does anyone know if they are "acts of righteousness & good works?"  

Discernment. We discern because we have applied ourselves to getting the word in us so that we are able to test the spirits. 

Sometimes when we are observing "another spirit" ; the indwelling spirit in us alerts us to the error. 

John 14:26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

57 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Discernment. We discern because we have applied ourselves to getting the word in us so that we are able to test the spirits. 

Sometimes when we are observing "another spirit" ; the indwelling spirit in us alerts us to the error. 

John 14:26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you

what do make of this scripture?

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

You think Paul would of known the doctrin that has been attributed to him.

And only cause i know in your heart you love the Lord. You really could study more and pray for discernment you have accused me of being a morman a catholic and a heritic. I have never been and never will adhere to those faiths and practices.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Holy Spirit will literally teach you everything that is in Bible , you can always pray to God to ask him to help you if you don't understand it , many people rely on themselfes rather than God with understanding Scriptures and often assume that they alredy know everything so they are blind to anything that is contradicting what they think Bible says insteed of checking what really is written in Bible .

Out of like 10 times i asked  Holy Spirit to let me understand verse in Bible i got it always explained either in the same hour or in the next day at most .

And yes we need to do good works to bear fruit for rewards at Judgement Set Christ , almost everything that we do is works , waking up early to go to church is work just as making coffee for your mom is good work aswell , not only giving to poor or reading praying .

Edited by Amazing Horse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

How did you make these links under  every word from KJV appear ?

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means! 16Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that, though you once were slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were committed.…

I think you try to link grace with sin is what I think. I have never said that!  But what I have said over and over again is that we obey because the spirit is leading us out of "the old man" who we were before being redeemed ie reborn of the spirit.

I do not advocate sinning. Is that what you think? 

There is a HUGE difference between putting ourselves under extreme law and trying to sanctify ourselves(legalism)  and allowing the LORD to CLEANSE us and wash us from the inside out. I obey vbecause I have that desire. I didnt give it to myself. God did! I didnt surrender to the LORD,pick up my cross and follow Jesus because I am all that and a bag of chips!   I did it because GOD put the desire in me!!  We are wicked people who lived a life of sin and debauchery . We loved our sin until GOD DREW US and until GOD gave us the GODLY sorrow over our sins.

Have you been bewitched? Why do you think your human effort is not garnered as "filthy rags" as described in scripture? 

God HATES the attitude of pompous puffed up WORKS. All who adhere to it are ACCURSED unless they repent!!!! 

Why do you think being dunked in water is necessary to be saved ? You are in serious error because you have added to Gods holy words.  

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

You really could study more and pray for discernment you have accused me of being a morman a catholic and a heritic. I have never been and never will adhere to those faiths and practices.

It is so blatantly obvious to me that you are the last person to tell me to study more. LOL 

Thank you for the concern but I think you need to take your own advice and this time around,ask the Holy Spirit to teach you! 

Which btw, I have NEVER accused you of being a mormon or a catholic. I may have asked you in the past although I do not recollect doing so. It is within your means to PROVE IT  if you think you have just cause to accuse me .

As far as the "heretic" label is concerned: I have fully explained what a heretic is. I have fully explained a heretic is one who adheres to heresy . WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS  and BAPTISMAL REGENERATION are heresy. Ive almost exhausted myself with SCRIPTURE 

to show you where you err. Why cant you see? Why dont you hear? 

I am very concerned for you. I have talked until I am blue in the face. Yowm has also tried to show where you and brotan err. Your WORDS reflect that you  are reaped in WORKS which is legalism!!  LEGALISM IS HERESY.

I would not do so if I didnt have this burning desire within me to  defend the gospel . I love you too and I suspect you love the idea of Jesus Christ but it is evident to me that you dont think what Jesus Christ did was enough! You try to help him by perfecting yourself. I dont think you "get" just how "serious" that is!  In case you are wondering, I wouldnt strive with you if I didnt love you. You may not understand that this is love . The truth will set you free from the chains you are bound by! 

2Timothy 3:16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

You seriously need to REPENT! 

Ephesians 2: 8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…

Edited by Guest

48 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Out of like 10 times i asked  Holy Spirit to let me understand verse in Bible i got it always explained either in the same hour or in the next day at most .

When I repented (godly sorrow) for not applying myself to scripture (2 tim 2:15) and I asked the Holy Spirit to teach me  his word ;amazing things happened! A light bulb went on (so to speak) and I was lit on fire. I have this hunger and thirst to know more and more and more.  

42 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

How did you make these links under  every word from KJV appear ?

biblehub.com

I really like that site for retrieving a scripture rather than typing while reading in my paper bible.  That site has many interpretaions ie asb or kjv. I usually choose kjv.

I also like bible.org