• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

PAUL KNEW his salvation was guaranteed.  SO LONG as HE CONTINUE IN CHRIST

attain.  go read that part.    PAUL KNEW Salvation was attained in CHRIST, but he also knew IF HE DID NOT CONTINUE in CHRIST he would have run in vain.

Way too many people in the church were taking salvation for granted the wrong way.  they just thought they could live hwoever.  paul was teaching them

HOW they should RUN IN CHRIST.   not to fall away , not to go back after sin, but to focus on CHRIST and HIS SAYINGS.  SUM IT UP BRO TAN.

WHY wont YOU GIVE GOD THE CREDIT.    Will it take away from you own personal glory and recognition,  I mean darn we wont want to knock self off no pedestal.

I refuse to say it any other way...........IT IS SOLEY BY THE GRACE OF GOD that I labor faithfully.   PEROID.  no credit for me, I wont give it . 

IF GOD took HIS HOLY SPIRIT FROM A BELIEVER ...............WOULD THAT BELIEVER STILL RUN THE RACE.............NOPE.  HE WOULD BE JUST LIKE HE WAS BEFORE

LOST LKE I WAS.   GIVE GOD the credit...............not you.  not me.  ENCOURAGE others , and warn others to continue in Christ

BUT DONT THINK it aint all by grace.   FOR IT IS HE IN ME WORKING that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT.

I did not say You this time did I.............well YOU THINK ITS YOU, SO LETS SEE HOW YOU STAND ON JUDGEMENT DAY .

In the scriptures it's written in Proverbs 9: 8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

• Group:  Senior Member

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Hey bro tan I say this almost all the time.  BUT the difference between you and me........I truthfully say this is by grace , I give GOD the glory , not me.

I may not have labored more abundantely than them all, like paul did, BUT LIKE PAUL I say NOT I BUT THE GRACE OF GOD.   SAY IT BRO TAN.  but only if you mean it.

I say, Praise God...the mighty one of Israel...Lord of Lord and King of King...in Jesus name. Thank you for understanding my friend

24 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No one is saying that, or has said that.  People are simply not saying what you want to hear.  That is not on them, that is on you.  Your mistake lies in your attempt to requiring people to "keep" the Sabbath according to the strict Mosaic guidelines.

If this is something you actually think you do, explain to me exactly how you, yourself "keep" the Sabbath according to the rules that define how it must be kept.

Sorry my friend, you must have not read all post against me concerning the law (Commandments). I preach the uncut word of God and that is not a mistake. This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life. This is written in the last book of the Bible, in prophecy, where events have not happened yet, so I know it's being done because it's the word of God and God can't lie! Before I explain anything to you about keeping the sabbath, all this I speak to you have to be understood! There is no Mosaic guidelines, when I read the old Testament...for example, I read...The Lord said unto Moses, speak unto the children of Israel. People create things that's not written in Bible, which causes more confusing.

The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments. The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). 

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Don’t allow yourself to be deceived into believing that once you believe in the Lord that your work is finished, it has just started. (Heb. 10:35-39) (v.35) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (v.36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. People you must have patience when dealing with the word of God. And you must do the will of God, which is the keeping of his law, if you expect to receive the promise, which is eternal life in the kingdom of God, which will be established on this earth. So if you say that you know God, but you don’t keep his commandments, lets see what the Lord had specially written for you. (1John 2:3-4) (v.3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (v.4) he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Bro Tan, it depends on which law you're talking about, and how we keep it..........are you talking about the Law of Moses, or are you talking about the perfect law of LIBERTY and LOVE that Jesus commanded us, which fulfills the Law of Moses but is not UNDER it.  Since we do not serve in the old way of the letter but in the new way of the Spirit now.  But what is the law/commandment of LOVE that Jesus gave us.......He simply said to LOVE your neighbour as yourself for this fulfills the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12).  The GREATEST and FIRST commandment which supersedes all the others is to LOVE the Lord our God with all our heart, mind and soul.....what is that telling us.......wow, it is saying a lot.....and it's like the other commandments really are only telling us how to love Him, and if we love Him we love our neighbour....we will not covet their goods, we will not steal from them, we will not murder them, we will not commit adultery with their spouses etc........we will love God by loving our neighbour.  Even labouring to enter the sabbath rest which remains for the people of God.....is how we are able to fulfill those laws, resting from our own works and letting Christ live through us by His Spirit.  And we will LOVE THE TRUTH....which even that is not of ourselves since it is something received......and where it says what do we have that we didn't receive.  Being able to serve God is not of ourselves, the flesh profits nothing but the Spirit gives life......and the commands and teaching of Jesus is spirit and life...........not the way of our dead flesh obeying the dead letter .

We have to be careful of not deceiving ourselves because we can keep the letter of the Law and still fall short of Jesus.  Remember the religious Jews were scrupulous law keepers, but failed to combine it with FAITH, ie Spirit, ie Love.  Amazing how we are being perfected in LOVE.......and that without LOVE though we do all the thus-and-suches we are nothing.  GOD IS LOVE......and Jesus was/is the exact representation of God......and we are to be like Him.  He is seeking worshipers who will worship Him in HIS SPIRIT AND TRUTH.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Paul say in Romans 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Paul said in (1Cor. 9:24-27) (v.24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (v.25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. Paul says that when you run in a race every body is running for a prize. But this prize that he is referring to is eternal life, that’s what he means by an incorruptible, he’s talking about an incorruptible body, a heavenly body. (v.26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight, not as one that beateth the air: (v.27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. You see Paul knew exactly what was going on that why he says he has to bring his body under subjection. Under subjection to what? To God’s Law, Paul knew that if he didn’t continue to keep Gods law that even after he had preached to many that he himself could still become a castaway. This doesn’t sound like Paul thinks that he has guarantee salvation.  

What is this from? I have read it before. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

13 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Let's take a look at the thief on the cross situation. Most people misunderstand this situation all the time. Lets carefully look at this ...let go into Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Now if we look closely with spiritual eyes and understanding we know that something is wrong with situation. The common is in the wrong place, Let's place the common in the right place and see how it should read...43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Those that have knowledge knows that Jesus was in the grave for three days and three nights, so with understanding we see the error right a way. Lets go into Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. So Jesus and the thieves went to the grave when they died. Now, Jesus rose from the grave after three day and three nights, and still didn't go to the third heaven yet. Let's go into St. John 20:14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. 16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Now...Jesus still on Earth (first heaven) and talking to Mary, and where is the thief? Still in the grave into this day!  

We can't read anywhere, where  Jesus told the thief, I'll meet you up there in a few days, so hold tight till I get there...Lol. Jesus says with his own mouth in John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. But people look over the 42 second verse in in Luke. Let's read it again. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Remember me when thou comes into thy kingdom. Thats after Jesus second coming, brothers and sisters. Lets go into Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. This is Jesus Kingdom or paradise the thief asks Jesus to remember him in. peace in Jesus name

When Jesus said to Mary M "do not cling to me". He didn't say our "Fathers seat is in paradise". We know He went and preached to those in captivity and presented himself to Father. We also know when he rose others from the old covenant had risen too. So useing those scriptures with out a lay out of where the Fathers seat is and where the captive souls were and how time in earth applies in heaven. It is just a doctrin of assumptions.

20 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc…

Now you sound like a SDA who teach false doctrine as well! 

I guess you forgot this passage of scripture when you were cherry picking?!

Colossians 2:12Having been buried with him in baptism ( my edit: indwelling spirit btw) , you also have been raised with him through your faith in the power of God who raised him from the dead. 13And even though you were dead in your transgressions and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he nevertheless made you alive with him, having forgiven all your transgressions. 14He has destroyed what was against us, a certificate of indebtedness expressed in decrees opposed to us. He has taken it away by nailing it to the cross. 15Disarming the rulers and authorities, he has made a public disgrace of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days – 17these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ! 18Let no one who delights in humility and the worship of angels pass judgment on you. That person goes on at great lengths about what he has supposedly seen, but he is puffed up with empty notions by his fleshly mind. 19He has not held fast to the head from whom the whole body, supported and knit together through its ligaments and sinews, grows with a growth that is from God.

20If you have died with Christ to the elemental spirits of the world, why do you submit to them as though you lived in the world? 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!” 22These are all destined to perish with use, founded as they are on human commands and teachings. 23Even though they have the appearance of wisdom with their self-imposed worship and false humility achieved by an unsparing treatment of the body – a wisdom with no true value – they in reality result in fleshly indulgence.

20 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

So why arent you learning?

You dont seem to have a teachable heart to learn from those who have rightly divided scripture. :huh:

You have been adding to scripture . That certainly is not wisdom or fear!

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

So why arent you learning?

You dont seem to have a teachable heart to learn from those who have rightly divided scripture. :huh:

You have been adding to scripture . That certainly is not wisdom or fear!

Paul say in 2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes

3 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Now you sound like a SDA who teach false doctrine as well! 

I guess you forgot this passage of scripture when you were cherry picking?!

Colossians 2:12Having been buried with him in baptism ( my edit: indwelling spirit btw) , you also have been raised with him through your faith in the power of God who raised him from the dead. 13And even though you were dead in your transgressions and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he nevertheless made you alive with him, having forgiven all your transgressions. 14He has destroyed what was against us, a certificate of indebtedness expressed in decrees opposed to us. He has taken it away by nailing it to the cross. 15Disarming the rulers and authorities, he has made a public disgrace of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days – 17these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ! 18Let no one who delights in humility and the worship of angels pass judgment on you. That person goes on at great lengths about what he has supposedly seen, but he is puffed up with empty notions by his fleshly mind. 19He has not held fast to the head from whom the whole body, supported and knit together through its ligaments and sinews, grows with a growth that is from God.

20If you have died with Christ to the elemental spirits of the world, why do you submit to them as though you lived in the world? 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!” 22These are all destined to perish with use, founded as they are on human commands and teachings. 23Even though they have the appearance of wisdom with their self-imposed worship and false humility achieved by an unsparing treatment of the body – a wisdom with no true value – they in reality result in fleshly indulgence.

Well, alease the SDA do keep the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week. Amazing that you quote Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ   How you can quote that verse and you keep no laws, no Sabbath days whatsoever, no High Holy days, which we can read in Leviticus, 23rd Chapter that refers to the new moons, Paul is talking about. Sunday worship has nothing to do with that verse; that verse is for people who keep the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week and the Lord’s Holy High Days that the apostles kept after the death of Jesus.

Now you can stroll up to verse 8...Since we talking about cherry picking the Bible. Let's read it Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Yep, like Pagan worship, Easter, Sunday worship, Christmas, Which is coming up...etc. These things have nothing to do with Christ, but people rejoice in them, the tradition of men!

Edited by Bro.Tan
correction