IGNORED

Faith without works is Dead

Bro.Tan

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

This is a very insightful article you've used and actually worth considering the principles put forth here considering we are works in progress. 

But I think sinners hate legalism more then Jesus does. Jesus followed the law in perfection and gave God glory in everything he did. can you imagine? Every sip of water he took He gave glory to God.

Jesus was super criticle of unbelief more then he was of legalism.

He spoke strongly against indifference toward human needs way more then legalisum.

He had harsh words for hypocrits- play actors or polished pots of rotten food. cleaning up the outside and filthy inside.

Spiritual pride was another of our Lords pet pieves. not to be cobfused with legalism but dont put your best suit on and have trumpets blast when you have picked a tenth of you mint in obedience and belief so people can see you tithe.

You know what else he spoke supper strongly against way more then legalism, if he even spoke against obeying the law? Impurity. 

Isnt legalism a form of unbelief in the finished work of Christ? The things you speak of are sins but not necessarily heresy and damnable.  The sins you speak of do not pervert the grace of the gospel in the sense that I have presented this article.. I kinda see what you are saying but the reason I posted this is timely and necessary for this particular thread.  Works righteousness is opposite of  grace through faith through Christ alone. It is works to be saved not works as a result of being saved. There is a huge difference. One glorifies Christ and the other glorifies the human flesh. 

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

I said I teach the uncut word of God, I didn't claim anything else as you saying, stop trying to paint of negative picture of me to people. You looking for error in me, not righteousness, nor understanding. Not going to ask you again to repost the question, that's on you.

You can go back and find what I asked of you twice . I didnt delete it. Its still there!

You asked me to go back. Now you can do as you asked me to do when there was nothing there for me to find because you neglected to answer me but said that you did! 

Which btw, Im not doing anything but pointing out your errors YOU HAVE SPOKEN. You are doing the painting all by yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Yep...First thing Jesus did was got baptize. So as Christians we must get baptize, if we are followers of Christ. Second thing we must do is repent! 

Bro.Tan what is your read on Jesus's words in luke 17 check out verse 10 in context. it is so true we should say it is what we should of done anyway. No glory in righteousness for that one is there? But to believe in the one God sent be proptiation for our sin 1 john 2. Righteousness in Christ is loaded with promise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Be blessed peoples .   I am tired and off to sleep.   Praise the LORD and I love you all.    IRMA is a monster already.   pray and pray for souls to come to Christ. 

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Isnt legalism a form of unbelief in the finished work of Christ? The things you speak of are sins but not necessarily heresy and damnable.  The sins you speak of do not pervert the grace of the gospel in the sense that I have presented this article.. I kinda see what you are saying but the reason I posted this is timely and necessary for this particular thread.  Works righteousness is opposite of  grace through faith through Christ alone. It is works to be saved not works as a result of being saved. There is a huge difference. One glorifies Christ and the other glorifies the human flesh. 

not that I know of. legalism is when a man is sleeping with his fathers wife you go to him if he does not repent you cast him out of the covering congergation so God can take him to the wood shed and save his soul. It is doing the word not being hearers only.

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

no grace is learning to do The will of God and being empowed by his Spirit. What is hated about legalism is submission  to God/ the authority of Christ. Bible says be baptised. bible is an authority. Jesus the Lord our king said be baptised lawlessness or rebellion says, you dont have to be baptised. Church authority following biblical authority says To be welcomed into the family as a sheep be baptised. why? because Jesus Christ is Lord and he said be baptised. His diciples said be baptised and paul never taught you not to be baptised. Rebellion say i don't want to, I don't have to. bible say every tounge will confess Jesus as Lord and bow and submit to his authority or he will bow yor knee with a rod of iron. you think im gonna trust anyone else but Christ for my sakvation. He alone has the words of eternal life. the grace is being given a spirit that makes bowing our flesh into submission to our Lord our nature.

Edited by Reinitin

3 We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires,

we lived, past tense in fleshly desire.

carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and we were by nature children under wrath as the others were also. 

see that are nature was under wrath in rebelion.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us,[c] 5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses.

You are saved by grace!6 Together with Christ Jesus He also raised us up and seated us in the heavens,7 so that in the coming agesHe might display the immeasurable riches of His grace through His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

we have a new nature Christ in us and us in him

8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— 9 not from works, so that no one can boast. 

we are created in Chrust a new creation? can you see it? what are we created for? It doesn't say one work of belief it says good works continued, walk in the goodness of our new Spirit. Of Course God has done it all. To him be all the glory his mercy endures forever. but his new creations are no longer in rebellion and lawless Our Lords (master, owner) commands are the law in are heart to obey. Not the written law of moses flesh twisted that to make lawlessness and rebellion, wickedness, unrighteousness a glory too, braging about how special and elite they are in Gods favor always protected and firgiven no matter how evil they became.

10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them.

Lets talk about how irrational and kawless the grace teaching has become. think about it paul taught submit to authority in this world unless they are leading you to sin agaist God. lawless one sure is decieving in the last days. 

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

damnable? To say do all the lord commanded you is a damnable heresy? exactly what damned person teaches that? I'll see who is forgiven much loves much with he who loves him obeys his commands. We love because he first lived us. damnable.. that is laughable. the lawless ones are the anti christs.

Im pretty sure a person saved by grace through faith and not of ourselfs for it is a gift of God. (What is the gift of God?) not from works least any man boast. (Christ in us a new Spirit, a new creation is not a work of human effort). (We dont create our ourselfs into what we think is holy or rightious)

We are created in Him for good works that we walk in them. Is absolutly not a worker of iniquity. How can we be a worker of iniquity when we are created in Him for good works that we walk in them.. do you get that? who is good but God? Christ in us, bought for a price our life is not our own? making since yet? If you haven't repented and your still in rebellion and lawless do you really have the gift from God? read all of ephesians and ask the Lord for understand dont base your eternal life on a half verse doctrin.

I was in a baptist church and i asked a pastor after a baptist member killed his wife then himself because she was getting in the car to go buy ciggerets and he told her no.. If the Lord saved him why did he die in sin? you know what he told me? he wasn't an elect some oeople are made for destruction even if they call on the Lord, repent with tears, the Lord wont save them they are chose for destruction. I told him "then your a liar cause you tell them if they come forward and confess jesus as Lord and believe he is Lord thats all they have to do and he will save them. you know salvation by election is part of the saved by grace doctrin right? God doesnt lie. Satan does.

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

not that I know of. legalism is when a man is sleeping with his fathers wife you go to him if he does not repent you cast him out of the covering congergation so God can take him to the wood shed and save his soul. It is doing the word not being hearers only.

It was a rhetorical question. Yes, legalism is heresy. It is works righteousness.  Do you know what works righteousness is? 

What you are describing is the instruction of the church as to how to handle a believer who has sinned and will not repent.It is laid out in Matthew 18.  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with legalism!!