IGNORED

Faith without works is Dead

Bro.Tan

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Jumping up and down with my hand raised, shouting "ask me, ask me!"  :D I'd like to respond to the above.

Having experienced the above description in the recent past myself. It's the Lord Jesus Christ who drew me to Him and nothing of my own self except accepting His free gift.  I'm a sinner in need of a Savior and repentance. I had no joy in my heart, mostly sorrow and walking after the flesh. It is the Lord Jesus whom saves us by faith and gives us the desire and tools (Holy Spirit - Bible) to repent and walk Christ-like. It's all about the greatest Name under heaven, JESUS!

BTW Blueyedjewel, I enjoy your posts.

Ty brother. By the grace and strength of the LORD I do try although it gets exhausting at times. This is what I am alive for. Defending gospel albeit as flawed and wicked as I am . May the LORD glorify himself through me. 

8 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Thanks BlueEyed.......it sure sounds dismal....way off the mark.......hope no-one is implying that it's okay to use it as an evangelistic tool instead of warning against it.  I once used to take the concept of God's sovereignty too far.......but thankfully He took my thoughts captive to His truth....and He helped me to understand that just because He is sovereign and in His great mercy will sometimes use unconventional things to open a person's heart, doesn't mean we are to stop contending for the faith......or that we endorse sin and error just because God is greater than sin and error.  I've even met people who are so spiritual they think being concerned about sound doctrine is just for "babes" and God is magically going to work it all out and we have no part in it.  Oh well, I'm a "babe" then.......it's nice to know at my age. ;)   

God said :Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Babes are cool!!  I may even move a mountain one day!  :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

you do realize that four about 17 hundred years of chritianity most christians couldn't read and believed and grew in christ with out a bible and many underground churches and christians only have a letter or a page and believe. Do you know under ground churches in North Korea are flurishing of the testimony of the gospel and no bibles? if you follow evangilists or voice of the maryyrs you would know people died taking the gospel to isolated tribes and evangalists returned 20 years later to find civilzations with the testimony of Christ. Look at the history of the church in India.. Thomas was gone 200 or 300 years or more catholic church came back and found a strong church of believers that never had pauls letters. Christ is the head of his church.

Again I ask sister, what is the point you are making..........Christ is the Head of His church, amen.  And He left us here as His Body with a job to do........do you believe this?  Part of that job is to correct, warn, rebuke, reprove, exhort and learn and teach sound doctrine.  If the bible says there is such a thing as sound doctrine, well then I believe there must be.....right now I'm having trouble ascertaining what you believe about these things.  Please clarify.......or not.....up to you.  Christ is the Head of His church.......doesn't mean the battle is over.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

God said :Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Babes are cool!!  I may even move a mountain one day!  :P

You go girl........with just a baby mustard seed! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

you do realize that four about 17 hundred years of chritianity most christians couldn't read and believed and grew in christ with out a bible and many underground churches and christians only have a letter or a page and believe. Do you know under ground churches in North Korea are flurishing of the testimony of the gospel and no bibles? if you follow evangilists or voice of the maryyrs you would know people died taking the gospel to isolated tribes and evangalists returned 20 years later to find civilzations with the testimony of Christ. Look at the history of the church in India.. Thomas was gone 200 or 300 years or more catholic church came back and found a strong church of believers that never had pauls letters. Christ is the head of his church.

God is sovereign therefore has worked in may ways through the centuries. Christ is the head priest but he is the embodiment of the word.  Im not a dispensationalist but God has dispensations in the OT and the NT. God also showed up as a burning bush and told moses he was I AM> He told him he would teach him in the hour. God is sovereign. He can do whatever he pleases for his glory and none other. 

Are you saying we should ignore scripture? We are very blessed to have it all whereas  so many  for so many centuries did not! 

Scripture dictates we study to make ourselves approved so that we are not ashamed. 2 tim 2:15

Scripture states that the word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

Scripture is for training and reproof for righteousness. I am thankful for the God breathed words of the 66 books of the Bible.

9 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Your calling what i think is spiritual pride or a controlling spirit of pride legalism. to me legalism is obeying the laws:) what is wrong with doing what the words says? bible say let Gods word be true and every man a lier. Flesh loves to Lord over people.. Flesh gets in the pulpit. If you do what tge bible says your can dicern a fleshly control freak in a Spirit of pride in the pulpit and pray for him and stand against him. You have the Spirit of Christ in you. If God be for you who can be agaist you. doing the goodworks and walkng in them is a result of our salvation, not a requirement. sometimes you have to grab onto the Lord like jacob wrestled with the angel. legalism that your hating is telling lost people they are saved cause they followed you verse doctrin fomula instead of telling them be prisistant and knock on the door of the righteous judge answers and you have a spirit in you that testify's to you that youcare a child of God. Sad people white knuckle hold to doctrin of man instead of standing as a child on the rock of salvation.

How many days are going to pass until you study up on legalism? The judiazers were legalists. 

One thing you did say is correct: legalism is doctrine of man ie pharisees. It has nothing to do with the grace given by Christ shed blood. We are bought! Christ paid the price in full. It is finished

26 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Again I ask sister, what is the point you are making..........Christ is the Head of His church, amen.  And He left us here as His Body with a job to do........do you believe this?  Part of that job is to correct, warn, rebuke, reprove, exhort and learn and teach sound doctrine.  If the bible says there is such a thing as sound doctrine, well then I believe there must be.....right now I'm having trouble ascertaining what you believe about these things.  Please clarify.......or not.....up to you.  Christ is the Head of His church.......doesn't mean the battle is over.

That is the problem,I have problems understanding exactly where she is coming from too. If she would quote scripture ,it would solidify her point but it has been my experience that she mostly doesnt.

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

32 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

My point is Jesus saves not the faith by grace doctrin. Saying anyone that doesn't know and hail the roman road of salvation A B.C is a heritic, legalist and damnable is rediculous. People that found Christ want to be doers of the word and share his instructions and encouragments and wisdom and of course if the Holy Spirit is at work people will do acts of righteousness  and good works by the empowerment of Christ. But getting attacked anytime a person posts a scripture that isn't the 15 verse and partial verse foundation of OSAS doctrin is demonic.

Edited by Reinitin

9 hours ago, Reinitin said:

What makes you think Calvin and these other mens doctrins you are parroting rightly divided the word of truth? The Word of Truth in reality and Fact is Jesus is the Word, Jesus is the Truth. Christ in us our hope for glory is counceling us to divide flesh from Spirit. the voice of the stranger from the heart of Gods puroises and intentions, intention to identify h voice.

I promise you Christ is not telling anyone to ignore His advise, instruction, commands, lessons, edification, chastisement, correction, statutes and commands. He is teaching us to know God and follow in his way.

I quote you straight from the word of God! It is pure scripture.  I havent ONCE given you a mans doctrine.

Why dont you quote Gods words? Do you have it in you?  How are we to test the spirits if we dont make ourselves students of his inspired God breathed word?

7 hours ago, Reinitin said:

I'll just tell you were I stand sweet sister. I rejected the faith through grace doctrin as my road to salvation and found Christ. I know the house and the scriptures is was built on and I know it is a God house that leads many to Christ. But I don't live in that house anymore my eye has turned to a path not a house that i try to walk with the Lord and my Doctrin has become non Denominational and The Thus saith the Lord, help me walk in it Father cause i need to hear your voice aĺl these people screaming different things have become unbelievable Help me see how much you love every single one of them so I can love them to and not dishonon you with vain words and enchantments and parroting deceptions. Lord, help my eye stay focused on you so i can do what I see you do like you did what you saw Father do.

Are you under the impression that I am some hyper grace purporter? That would not be a correct assessment of me that is FO SHO! I abhor the hyper grace movement that perverts the grace of God but I also abhor the legalistic works righteousness movement as well. The spirit teaches me in the way to go. I dont lean too far one way or the other because the spirit doesnt! I am balanced because I submit to the spirit. I am nothing without the wisdom and grace and mercy God provides. 

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.