spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

I could never love a God who would have people tortured for all eternity just for not believing in him. That is just wicked, depressing, epitome of unjust, cruel, ugly, and sickening! It is the worst, most horrifying and depressing thing I've ever heard! 

I don't believe Hell is eternal. I know a lot of unbelievers and wicked people and wouldn't want any of them to suffer for eternity, not even if they killed my whole family. 

Scripture does mention a lake of fire for those whose names weren't written in the book of life. Fire is often used in Scripture symbolically to symbolize purification. God said he would purify his people as gold is purified in fire. So, I think that the lake of fire is symbolic to mean a painful place of being punished, purified, and perfected.

I wouldn't burn anyone in hell forever. I told that to God, and God said I'm not more merciful than him. if he is more merciful than me, then there is no eternal hell. 

1 Corinthians 3:15 "will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire." 

Zechariah 13:9 ►
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'" Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

These are fires of purification.

I know God is more merciful than me and I wouldn't let anyone suffer forever.

Edited by spiderman1917

16 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We don't dictate what God is like or what we would like Him to be thus making God in OUR image. We receive Him as He has revealed Himself or we don't receive Him at all. He is not a politically correct Jesus...

And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."
(Rev 14:9-11)

The smoke goes up forever.  That doesn't mean the suffering itself does.  The book of Revelation is full of symbolic stuff that isn't supposed to be taken literally.

Scripture also contradicts itself and says "all shall be saved".

He would not have created intelligent beings, had he known they were to be forever miserable. To suppose that God would bring beings into existence who he knew would be infinite losers who suffer forever and ever and ever by that existence, is to charge him with the utmost malignity. 

Edited by spiderman1917

Scripture says God is the father of all men.  What kind of Father would damn his children to misery forever just cuz they didn't believe in him?

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It never says 'all will be saved'. 

Besides as long as you think Scripture contradicts itself, your faith will be in shambles because you will have no sure rock to rest on always wondering if what you believe is  part of a contradiction.

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:3-4).

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You are building your case on emotion, not God's Word. I wouldn't go there. 

They are not His children until they become born again.

He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
(Joh 1:11-13)

God is the Father of all men. "Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us?" Mal. 2:10 

Just now, Yowm said:

That is saying He wills that all would be saved (not willing that any would perish). It does not state all will b saved.

If he will that all be saved , then he doesn't will that any be tortured forever

"Behold, all souls are mine," saith the Lord. "As the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine." Ezek. 18:4 God will not give up what belongeth to him, to the dominion of sin and Satan forever

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,160
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Wow Lucifer stood in judgement of God just like you :blink: 

"Thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." John 17:2 This plainly evinces, that it was God's design, in giving Christ dominion over all flesh, that they should not be tortured forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Bad logic...faith is required. You think those that die hating His Son Jesus will be saved?

Not all unbelievers hate Jesus. Also,  Christ forgave those who crucified him because they knew not what they were doing.

Edited by spiderman1917
  • Thumbs Up 1