Running Gator

Spiritual or Physical Death

Marilyn C    5,404
43 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Those are an accurate assessment of the lack of skill that characterize your approach to the text.   I am not putting you down, but your exegesis is sloppy.  I am sure you are a nice person, and a good Christian, but you don't have a clue about what you're doing when you handle the Bible in an interpretative fashion.  You don't have even a basic grasp on the rules of literary analysis. 

You need some classes in biblical hermeneutics.

That is just the facts.  You try to teach, but you really need to understand what you lack in that area.

Hi Shiloh,

But, dear bro that is just YOUR opinion. I did go to Bible College and have been a school teacher as a profession. It is just that you and I see differently in SOME areas.

So you are being judgmental concerning how you speak of my comments. As I said you need to leave them out otherwise I will continue to remind you and have to report you. Not that I want to but it is just so unnecessary for us each to label each other like that.

regards, Marilyn,

shiloh357    31,214
27 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

But, dear bro that is just YOUR opinion. I did go to Bible College and have been a school teacher as a profession. It is just that you and I see differently in SOME areas.

There are Bible colleges and there are Bible colleges.   Not all Bible colleges are created equal and I shudder to think that there are Bible colleges that would validate your completely subjective approach to Scripture.

You are not applying sound hermeneutics, nonetheless.   You operate from a set of rules that allows you to arrive at the interpretative conclusion you want.   I, on the other hand,  am operating from an objective set of rules of literary analysis that allows me to arrive at the meaning the author intends.   We have two different objectives.   You are trying to validate your theology.   But, I am seeking the meaning of text of Scripture that author is seeking to communicate.    I am not trying to make invalid connections between Genesis 3 and other parts of the Bible the way you do.

So you are being judgmental concerning how you speak of my comments.

Yes, I am passing judgment on your comments.   Just the same way you falsely accused to me of going into occultic mysticism.

As I said you need to leave them out otherwise I will continue to remind you and have to report you.

I can judge your comments.  That's the nature of debate.  I judge the validity of your approach and the comments that rise from that approach.  But, I am not judging YOU.  As I said, I am sure you are good person and a good Christian, and I would not take anything away from you in that regard.   I am not judging your standing with God, nor your heart.

But that doesn't change the fact that  your comments in this thread are based on invalid principles of interpretation that would allow anyone arrive at any conclusion they want, and make the Bible say whatever they want it to say.   I do pass judgement on that approach to Scripture, whether you like it or not.

Simply being a school teacher doesn't gift you with an ability to do hermeneutics.  Hermeneutics is a learned skill.

Marilyn C    5,404
24 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Hi Shiloh,

Thought you may be interested to read my thread regarding `Principles of Interpretation - Hermeneutics.`

Marilyn.

shiloh357    31,214
10 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

Thought you may be interested to read my thread regarding `Principles of Interpretation - Hermeneutics.`

Marilyn.

Post a link

Marilyn C    5,404
45 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Post a link

It`s next to this thread.

shiloh357    31,214
3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

It`s next to this thread.

Okay, I read it, but that is not hermeneutics...

Marilyn C    5,404
1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Okay, I read it, but that is not hermeneutics...

Well bro, feel free to post your comments, and how you see the Principles of Interpreting God`s Word. There is more to write on and I thought others could contribute also. I will add more as we go along too. A big subject and good to discuss it a bit at a time.

Marilyn.