• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I never said it was...I said judging a book by its title, seems awful shallow. No one, to date has shown anywhere where the content of the book is against the word of God.

Don't you think that the content of something is far more important then the cover? 

First off. I want you to know that I agree with you. Next. I don't think this topic was ever about the book. I think someone got all offended by the title taking it to mean something demeaning about men. And last but not least. I am not taking any of this seriously. 

Edited by LadyKay
Spelling Always Spelling

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Lol it's a humorous book title aimed at single ladies. What's interesting here is everyone is so quick to judge the book by its title...but no one has bothered to make a single comment as to the content of the book...

Its a christian book about finding a husband. Im not saying the books content is wrong. Just the titling comes off as insulting- Why cant i find one. Imagine a friend giving u one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, creativemechanic said:

Its a christian book about finding a husband. Im not saying the books content is wrong. Just the titling comes off as insulting- Why cant i find one. Imagine a friend giving u one

Are you offended that the author said men are like buses? Maybe some are and some are not. You can not put all men in one basket.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

36 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

First off. I want you to know that I agree with you. Next. I don't think this topic was ever about the book. I think someone got all offended by the title taking it to mean something demeaning about men. And last but not least. I am not taking any of this seriously. 

I realize the topic wasn't necessarily about the specific book, I was addressing those who made it about the book without so much as bothering to open it.

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I think its humorous. I read a book in college called men are like waffles women are like spagetti. Similar naming style, it caught your attention just like this one and it was an excellent read. Creative titles catch more peoples eye and they sell better. I got no problem being called a bus. Only I'm a bus with only one stop ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

The only Christian book i know is Bible . I did not know that Christ wrote a book called " If men are like Buses ".

In Bible it says mariage is for men and woman , because they need each other .

It also says that God will provide you all that you need , your wife or husband is included in all you need .

You can pray to God for wife/husband or read bunch of garbage written by man , your decision .

Edited by Amazing Horse

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you offended that the author said men are like buses? Maybe some are and some are not. You can not put all men in one basket.

no. ... picture this- yure sngle and a friend gives you that book. or this one. How would you feel or what image  do you think would they have of you

Capturehus.JPG

14 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

The only Christian book i know is Bible . I did not know that Christ wrote a book called " If men are like Buses ".

In Bible it says mariage is for men and woman , because they need each other .

It also says that God will provide you all that you need , your wife or husband is included in all you need .

You can pray to God for wife/husband or read bunch of garbage written by man , your decision .

First off no one ever, made the claim this was as good as the bible. Secondly, your statement that you shouldn't read anything but the bible and everything else is garbage is both false, and pure unadulterated legalism. Because I can guarantee you you read more then just the bible, your reading this text right here. 

And nowhere in the bible does it say you can't read other books. It just says be mindful and compare what you see elsewhere to what's in the Bible.

9 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

no. ... picture this- yure sngle and a friend gives you that book. or this one. How would you feel or what image  do you think would they have of you

Capturehus.JPG

Well, I can see your point, but the issue here isn't the title persay but the subject matter, and where wisdom plays in. If its a very close friend that you know has been sufering with rejection, then a gift like this is unlikely to offend.

If its a much younger person and/or someone you don't know to well it may come off wrong. May come off as dropping hints etc.

Its one of those know who your giving it to and use wisdom, and prudence in how you present it.

i actually have another book called- First class single . which gives some great advice about singleness  and looking for a spouse from a christian perspective. Now  compare the presentation. Its more positive and encouragingly named than the previous

12 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

First off no one ever, made the claim this was as good as the bible. Secondly, your statement that you shouldn't read anything but the bible and everything else is garbage is both false, and pure unadulterated legalism. Because I can guarantee you you read more then just the bible, your reading this text right here. 

And nowhere in the bible does it say you can't read other books. It just says be mindful and compare what you see elsewhere to what's in the Bible.

Well, I can see your point, but the issue here isn't the title persay but the subject matter, and where wisdom plays in. If its a very close friend that you know has been sufering with rejection, then a gift like this is unlikely to offend.

If its a much younger person and/or someone you don't know to well it may come off wrong. May come off as dropping hints etc.

Its one of those know who your giving it to and use wisdom, and prudence in how you present it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

22 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

When i post , i always post not what i think but what bible says . Nobody should care what i have to say im sinner man and should be in hell if not grace of Christ . By what i wrote i mean , untill you understand bible , you should not waste your time on man's writtings.