WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - President Trump continues to confirm his verbal support for Christians, with his actions--this time, standing up for churches barred from relief funding after Hurricane Harvey hit Texas.

Trump tweeted Friday night:

Churches in Texas should be entitled to reimbursement from FEMA Relief Funds for helping victims of Hurricane Harvey (just like others).

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 9, 2017

Three Texas Churches sued the Federal Emergency Management Agency over its policy of excluding any organization whose facilities are primarily used for religious activities from receiving disaster relief funds. Non-religious non-profits are eligible. [ Source (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Not sure I like the idea of churches suing for money. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

If you take the government's money, you have to accept the strings that are attached to it.

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, hmbld said:

Not sure I like the idea of churches suing for money. 

I don't think they should sue for it.  It isn't what a church should do.  The government wants to discriminate against churches and that is something we should just accept with grace.  The Lord will avenge us in the end.   Leave justice in His hands. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't think they should sue for it.  It isn't what a church should do.  The government wants to discriminate against churches and that is something we should just accept with grace.  The Lord will avenge us in the end.   Leave justice in His hands. 

I don't agree that any church would be entitled to tax money. A minister I know provides meals for homeless or anybody who walks in, no questions asked. Gets food donated, volunteers from area churches to cook and serve, seemed like a great thing. Then I learned they get government check for every plate served, whether it's to homeless or friends or even family of the minister. I get it, it's a govt program to help the needy, but it has become a support of this guys ministry using tax money. 

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I don't agree that any church would be entitled to tax money. A minister I know provides meals for homeless or anybody who walks in, no questions asked. Gets food donated, volunteers from area churches to cook and serve, seemed like a great thing. Then I learned they get government check for every plate served, whether it's to homeless or friends or even family of the minister. I get it, it's a govt program to help the needy, but it has become a support of this guys ministry using tax money. 

Yeah, that is just wrong.  The minute you start living on the gov't. dole, they can tell you to put a Muslim or a transgender on your paid ministry staff. And they can force you to accommodate gay weddings and all of that.   Better to stay away from getting funds from the US gov.  We don't need them dictating to us who we have to minister in our churches.  Unfortunately, some apostate churches do all of that without the gov't telling them to do it.