• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Then that would have made Jesus' sinlessness impossible, which is not the case.

The spirit of man is not the same as the spirit of jessus the son of God until one receives his spirit and is able to overcome because he overcame.  Everybody has sinned and fallen short of the kingdom of God it is in the bible.  No flesh or man made weapon could ever stand up against satan.  Jessus was the only one who could no worldly wisdom could ever overcome these obsticals without Jesus it is impossible to overcome Satan and this world's he is the only one.  The spirit  identity the mind and heart are all the same thing.  If they are all the same thing then those are spirits of evil that cause people to sin that is why there is being born again new identity new creation new heart new mind new life come on people.

Edited by Big-Guns

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Big-Guns said:

Ezekial 36: 26  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you I will replace your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh

That is talking about the restoration of a nation, not individual salvation.

Also 1 John 3 no one who is born of God will continue to sin because gods seed remain in them they can not go on sinning because they are born of god

What that passages says from the Greek is that no one who born of God practices habitual sin.  They don't go on living 24/7 in sin.   It does not say that a Christ will not occasionally stumble and commit individual sins.

18 hours ago, OneLight said:

You can tell me anything you wish, but that does not make what you say correct.  We are responsible for our own actions.  Are you replying to me yourself, or is there another spirit within you typing these responses?

We have a free will to chose what we do, just as you have a choice to reply to my posts or not to reply.  God has given us this ability so we can chose to love Him or not.  What you present cannot be supported by scripture and is pure speculation on your part.  In short, you are creating another theology to support your desires or wishful thinking.

Our spirit comes from God and Him alone, as shown in Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."  Our spirit live with or without Him for eternity.  It is our body that returns to the dust of the earth upon death.

Now, is this a continuance of your thread Demon Possession from May of 2016?  It seems like you have the same questions and concerns.

Yes I am a spirit inside a human body typing these responses if you believe anything different then you don't believe what is written in the bible.  Are you trying to blame physical human beings for the evil/power that Satan has over us And so basically the bible says that the spirit exists inside humans and that the physical human body and the spirit are two different things.  The Bible actally says that the heart and spirit of the human being can be replaced with what? The spirit of God and when this happens people sin no longer and start to grow.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is talking about the restoration of a nation, not individual salvation.

What that passages says from the Greek is that no one who born of God practices habitual sin.  They don't go on living 24/7 in sin.   It does not say that a Christ will not occasionally stumble and commit individual sins.

Quote "It does not say that a Christ will not occasionally sin" hmm  says in the bible that Christ never sinned at all.  It actually is also talking about individual salvation if you know the word of God. Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect

Mathews 5 48

Edited by Big-Guns

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

Quote "It does not say that a Christ will not occasionally sin" hmm  says in the bible that Christ never sinned at all.  It actually is also talking about individual salvation if you know the word of God. Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect

Mathews 5 48

The word perfect, in the the Greek refers to being fully mature or complete.  It is not talking about sinlessness, or flawless perfection.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The word perfect, in the the Greek refers to being fully mature or complete.  It is not talking about sinlessness, or flawless perfection.

So the spirit life of God growing within the believer.  So I'm guessing you ment Christian.  Grow in your walk with Christ through the word and resist the devil.  Sounds right thanks.

Edited by Big-Guns

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Big-Guns said:

So the spirit life of God growing within the believer.  So I'm guessing you ment Christian.  Grow in your walk with Christ through the word and resist the devil.  Sounds right thanks.

Nothing in the Bible says we are to be sinlessly perfect, is the point.  We grow and mature, but that does not anywhere in Scripture indicate that we will be sinless in this life.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Big-Guns said:

Yes I am a spirit inside a human body typing these responses if you believe anything different then you don't believe what is written in the bible.  Are you trying to blame physical human beings for the evil/power that Satan has over us And so basically the bible says that the spirit exists inside humans and that the physical human body and the spirit are two different things.  The Bible actally says that the heart and spirit of the human being can be replaced with what? The spirit of God and when this happens people sin no longer and start to grow.

My question was, is the spirit typing the spirit God gave yo when you were created, or is it a fallen spirit from heaven, a demon? 

What I am saying, and I will be a straight forward as I can, is that we have the ability to choose whether or not to sin.  We can say no to sin, or we can say yes to sin.  It is us who makes the decision. 

What I am getting from your posts is that you think we are either doing Satan's work of God's work, as if we are a puppet and they are pulling the strings.  That is a lie straight from the pit itself.

When you sin, and we all do, who do you think is at fault?  As for sinning no more, another lie.  There is only one perfect person that ever walked the face of this world and He is Jesus.  Everyone else falls short and sins, so taking 1 John 3 too literal will be your downfall and will haunt you forever.  We cannot be sinless.  The Holy Spirit whom we receive is sinless, and if we follow Him 100% of the time, and allow Him to live in and through us, we will not sin.  BUT ... listen closely, we are not perfect and will not follow the Holy Spirit 100% of the time.  That is our nature. 

Are you a follower of Jesus and do you have the Holy Spirit?  If you answer is yes, do you sin?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:37 AM, Big-Guns said:

Hello what are you opinions on the relationship with mental illness and demonic influence and possession are they the same?  And what is the cure in your opinion?

" Influence "   &  " possession "  are two entirely different animals .

All sin is of " demonic influence "  and all humans Christian , non-Christian , mentally ill , ,,, are subject to this " influence " of varying degrees .

Possession is an entirely different matter and no person indwelled by the living Spirit of this Jesus who is the Christ could become demonically possessed , no matter their mental 

illness.

Most if not all cases of mental illness develop later in life .  

I believe the teens & twenties are the prime ages for being afflicted .    

It is interesting to note in this regard that some of the pioneers in the field of mental illness ,  who wrote the book which resulted in the movie " The three faces of Eve "  discovered 

through repeated testing that whatever a person felt  to be morally objectionable before suffering mental illness was in no way altered by the mental illness . 

This also included the very few percent of the population that are susceptible to hypnosis . 

They found that while people under hypnosis could be easily talked into performing any variety of morally benign actions , when it came to any act of moral consequence the

subject  remained just as repulsed to what they would find morally objectionable while not being under a hypnotic state  . 

In actuality I think it is actually less than 5% of the population that is susceptible to hypnosis .

22 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

" Influence "   &  " possession "  are two entirely different animals .

All sin is of " demonic influence "  and all humans Christian , non-Christian , mentally ill , ,,, are subject to this " influence " of varying degrees .

Possession is an entirely different matter and no person indwelled by the living Spirit of this Jesus who is the Christ could become demonically possessed , no matter their mental 

illness.

Most if not all cases of mental illness develop later in life .  

I believe the teens & twenties are the prime ages for being afflicted .    

It is interesting to note in this regard that some of the pioneers in the field of mental illness ,  who wrote the book which resulted in the movie " The three faces of Eve "  discovered 

through repeated testing that whatever a person felt  to be morally objectionable before suffering mental illness was in no way altered by the mental illness . 

This also included the very few percent of the population that are susceptible to hypnosis . 

They found that while people under hypnosis could be easily talked into performing any variety of morally benign actions , when it came to any act of moral consequence the

subject  remained just as repulsed to what they would find morally objectionable while not being under a hypnotic state  . 

In actuality I think it is actually less than 5% of the population that is susceptible to hypnosis .

So hypnosis in my understanding is another way to open you up to outside influence allowing someone to have mastery over your mind.  A kind of witchcraft.  The Bible teaches self control.