• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

He said it, not me;

Luke 22:36, "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

He said this because He knew there were robbers and thieves and murder's out there where He was sending them, who would kill them of less than a dime, before they got to where He was sending them.

Z 46..jpg

Yes, I understand brother that Jesus told them to buy swords, but not use them.......remember He rebuked Peter when he used his sword and cut off the man's ear.  Just to have swords with them as a little visible deterrent to make anybody think twice about thinking they were easy prey........Jesus was leading them, just like the His Spirit leads us now and might give us an instruction sometime to keep us from harm........but He would never give an instruction to harm anybody.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I was hoping our dear sister would arrive .  Man its so good to talk about Christ .   the only reason hogs like us in the mire , were washed cleaned, changed

and given new life in HIM.   SING IT SISTER.   

Bless you brother.......what a blessing to be reminded of Him, His ways, and encouraging to talk of these things, lifting my vision higher.  Amen, we were bought with a price and belong to ourselves no longer and now we just follow our Master, however He leads.  

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Sounds familiar...

And Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times." But he said emphatically, "If I must die with you, I will not deny you." And they all said the same.
(Mar 14:30-31)

But he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, "I do not know this man of whom you speak." And immediately the rooster crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times." And he broke down and wept.
(Mar 14:71-72)

Peter was impetuous as we know from the scriptures, he meant well but didn't know himself very well....... he had not yet been tested in this and when he was tested he failed the test.  It's as though the Lord tests us so that we know our need in any area of shortcoming....to reach for and seek Him for strength, forgiveness, or whatever we have need of.  The Lord is gracious, and because of Peter's repentance and sorrow, Jesus restored him.........I believe there is a matter of growing in the faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, I understand brother that Jesus told them to buy swords, but not use them.......remember He rebuked Peter when he used his sword and cut off the man's ear.  Just to have swords with them as a little visible deterrent to make anybody think twice about thinking they were easy prey........Jesus was leading them, just like the His Spirit leads us now and might give us an instruction sometime to keep us from harm........but He would never give an instruction to harm anybody.

Jesus never told them not to use them when He sent them out. He did rebuke Peter when he used his sword and cut off the man's ear, because as Jesus said in John 18: 11, Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Then was not the time. Jesus, who had escaped previous attempts to be captured, wanted to be taken at that time to do what the Father had sent Him to do, that was, to die for all mankind. That's why He told Peter to sheath his sword.

Luke 11:21-22
v, 21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are
in peace.
v, 22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils."

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?
Luke 12:39
v, 39 "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into."

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Jesus never told them not to use them when He sent them out. He did rebuke Peter when he used his sword and cut off the man's ear, because as Jesus said in John 18: 11, Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Then was not the time. Jesus, who had escaped previous attempts to be captured, wanted to be taken at that time to do what the Father had sent Him to do, that was, to die for all mankind. That's why He told Peter to sheath his sword.

Luke 11:21-22
v, 21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are
in peace.
v, 22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils."

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?
Luke 12:39
v, 39 "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into."

I agree Hazard......Jesus was submitting Himself to the Father's will and didn't want His disciples to hurt anyone or try to physically prevent Him being taken away.

But I hope you aren't posting the Luke 12 scripture to justify believers using physical force.....it was a parable, not literal.....how the world behaves and using that to illustrate another topic altogether.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I agree Hazard......Jesus was submitting Himself to the Father's will and didn't want His disciples to hurt anyone or try to physically prevent Him being taken away.

But I hope you aren't posting the Luke 12 scripture to justify believers using physical force.....it was a parable, not literal.....how the world behaves and using that to illustrate another topic altogether.

All I can say is this. I will never fall before the wicked in any way, shape, or form because;

God does not like His brethren to fall before the wicked;

Proverbs 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

Just now, HAZARD said:

All I can say is this. I will never fall before the wicked in any way, shape, or form because;

God does not like His brethren to fall before the wicked;

Proverbs 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

What does falling mean for the believer, bro?  It means to fall into sin.  That verse is talking about a righteous man falling into sin.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

For whatever it is worth, in the faith once delivered to the saints, in the early days this was the belief of Christians:

“We, who used to kill one another, do not make war on our enemies. We refuse to tell lies or deceive our inquisitors; we prefer to die acknowledging Christ.” - Justin Martyr

“Christians have changed their swords and their lances into instruments of peace, and they know not now how to fight.” - Irenaeus

“Under no circumstances should a true Christian draw the sword.” - Tertullian

“Christians, instead of arming themselves with swords, extend their hands in prayer.” - Athanasius

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

What does falling mean for the believer, bro?  It means to fall into sin.  That verse is talking about a righteous man falling into sin.

exactly , praise the LORD this is exactly what it means.   Stephen, james , peter, paul , scores of others were killed by the wicked.    Not a one lifted sword to denfend himself.

rather they prayed the forgivness of their enemies, JUST as JESUS had taught.   You sing it sister.   ya sing it and keep singing it long after the rooster crows .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 minutes ago, Follow The Lamb said:

For whatever it is worth, in the faith once delivered to the saints, in the early days this was the belief of Christians:

“We, who used to kill one another, do not make war on our enemies. We refuse to tell lies or deceive our inquisitors; we prefer to die acknowledging Christ.” - Justin Martyr

“Christians have changed their swords and their lances into instruments of peace, and they know not now how to fight.” - Irenaeus

“Under no circumstances should a true Christian draw the sword.” - Tertullian

“Christians, instead of arming themselves with swords, extend their hands in prayer.” - Athanasius

Sadly that sure has changed.   now war is justified.    war is nothing more than what James said.  someone wants what another has and progogandizes it to sound good.

They can make anything seem just these days and sadly most the church falls right for it.    No , ye war and fight because you have not , they WANT something the other has.

no war is justified .   They even made the civil war seem like it was for the slaves. YEAH RIGHT

the only REASON the north wanted an end to slavery  ,the elites ,   was because the SOUTH could out compete them. IT WAS FOR MONEY

but wrapped up to get the people behind it .  so though it did end slavery.   ITS INTENT or reason was due to MONEY, as always. 

The north could not compete against free labor, thus it had to make and end to it.  Not because it gave on ounce of care for the slaves.

They treated the freed ones horrible in most cases.   just like the south did.   Just like redistribution of wealth , they make it seem like a good cause for the poor.

YEAH RIGHT they hold the bag people.  they keep what is put therein.  LIKE JUDAS,  crying THIS COULD BE FOR THE POOR

WHATEVER , he did not care for the poor ,HE JUST KEPT what was put in the bag.   People fall for anything , IF it is propagandized , both sides believe their party line.

Hitler was a master propogandizer, but it looks like he could have taken a  few  notes from todays elites .    War from man , is only for GREED.

And worse the churches IF suits their gain , approves it everytime.

WELL, when interfaith has run its course and is well propagandized as love and world peace and etc

Some will see it was a farce the whole time.   TOO LATE  as many are hunted down and killed in its HOLY WAR.

HISTORY IS REPEATING and all the lost ones can see is............THIS IS FOR LOVE , UNITY , brotherly kindness, peace ,

NO ITS FOR ALL OUT POWER AND CONTROL, they just propagandizing it to sound good.   NO new thing under the sun.

• Thumbs Up 1