IGNORED

Noah's Flood and Evolution (on steroids)

one.opinion

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,323
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

1.  The meaning of Proof and Evidence is a Semantics Argument.   Semantics is concerned with the MEANING of WORDS. ERGO....we then consult a DICTIONARY..."Merriam-Websters".  Next Block of Instruction:  How to make a Sandwich with a Light On.

2.  Wikipedia, eh?  Well I posted this to refute your clumsy repeated Equivocation Fallacy with the term "theory"...

"It is important to note that the definition of a "scientific theory" (often contracted to "theory" for the sake of brevity, including in this page) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of the word "theory".[4][Note 1] In everyday non-scientific speech, "theory" can imply that something is an unsubstantiated and speculative guess, conjecture, idea, or, hypothesis;[4] such a usage is the opposite of the word "theory" in science."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Ya see the [4] above (??) That means it's a "CITATION".  Guess what the [4] is Referencing ??...

The National Academy of Sciences.  <==== Is that a Great Bastion of Science?

So in summary, you posted a False Equivalence Fallacy comparing my treatment of (Proof and Evidence) with a previous Equivocation Fallacy claim you made ("theory"-- Colloquial and "Scientific Theory" -- of which I PUMMELED then) which renders the entire ensemble Non-Sequitur. 

ps.  Thanks for allowing me to illustrate (ONCE AGAIN) your confusion between a Colloquial "theory" and a Scientific Theory.  thumbsup.gif  

Ahh yea...you did:

Tristen: "Observations are the source of the hypothesis, but also the outcome/results of the experiments."

So AGAIN...  "LOOKING" at Experimental Results (Step 5 of The Scientific Method: Analyze Resultsis not the same as Step 1 of The Scientific Method:  "Observe a Phenomena"

ps.  It's getting well beyond painfully tedious having to post and explain back to you what you've said/written.

:huh:  Well because "Observing Phenomena"-- Step 1 of The Scientific Method is not the same as "LOOKING" at Experimental Results --Step 5 of The Scientific Method: Analyze Results.  

Which part of this Painfully Prima Facie concept is confusing?

You're position is so Utterly BANKRUPT that this is what it comes down to, eh?  

oy vey sir

regards

ps.  Should we take your Non Responses to the other 25 rebuttals in the post you partially quoted tacitly as "Uncle"?

I think I understand. When the dictionary agrees with you (e.g. proof and evidence), then it can be trusted as the highest semantic authority. But when the dictionary definition doesn't conform to your definition (such as with theory and observation), then we have to seek out other sources of semantic authority.

Thank you for continuing to restate you position - thereby adding to its rational validation (aka "pummeling" my position). Because the more you state something, the more true it becomes.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, Tristen said:

If we are in the Matrix, then the scientific method is an illusion.

Now is it possible for God to be in the matrix and not aware of it....hmmmmmmmmmm   :crazy:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,323
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Now is it possible for God to be in the matrix and not aware of it....hmmmmmmmmmm   :crazy:

If Keanu could figure it out, I'm sure God would be all over it.

15 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

That is akin to the "brain in the vat" argument. The problem with that is 1) it supposes God to be finite 2) assumes that all creation are just "brains in jars"/ the matrix". One problem with this line of thinking is that if it were true, there would be no way to test it, as all physical "data" would be untrustworthy and thus all questions would be moot.

Additionally, all it does is move the "infinite regression" syndrome, not remove it. If all of us (and for the sake of argument, God) were "in the matrix/ vat", then who created that Matrix/vat? And who created the person who created it? And who created that person who created that person? And so on and so forth.

I wasn't making a serious statement it was more just a fun thought.   But since you posted this, why is supposing that God is finite any worse than supposing he isn't?  Neither claim is substantiated.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 hours ago, Bonky said:

I wasn't making a serious statement.... it was more just a fun thought....
But since you posted this, why is supposing that God is finite....
any worse than supposing he isn't....

Neither claim is substantiated.....

:sherlock:

If One Desires To Substantiate Truly Radical And Truly Important Cosmology

For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22 (New International Version)

If One Wants To See And To Know Universal Truth

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23 (New Living Translation)

A Fellow Must Become

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (English Standard Version)

Hungry

Your words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, LORD, God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Because finite beings aren't capable of creating and maintaining infinitely complex systems such as the reality around us,

How did you determine this?  I can imagine incredible power that isn't infinite.  

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

How would you know there were other universes outside of this one? Besides, only finite beings make mistakes, and this universe being tuned for the life it holds doesn't indicate any errors.

How did you determine that there aren't any "mistakes" in our Universe lol.  I don't want to derail this thread but I think you're too easily content with pat answers on this particular issue.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 hours ago, Bonky said:

I can imagine incredible power that isn't infinite.... 

:emot-heartbeat:

Infinite Power

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” Revelation 4:11 (English Standard Version)

Infinite God

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9 (New International Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 1