• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 7/9/2022 at 7:03 AM, Anne2 said:

Sacros priests? It seems to me it is simply a priesthood, as the bible speaks of priests. It is not a sacrifice for a memorial for sin. I think there may be a distinction there.

Clearly this is speaking of the yom kippur sacrifice once in the year. 

Heb 10:3  But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 
The eucharist however is for a memorial of Christ blood of the new covenant, not the old.

The first and second here is speaking to the covenants.

The first, offerings by the law

8  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Taken away to establish the second, new covenant made in his blood

9  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

By which is sanctification...

10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Christ was a sacrifce which all the sacrifices of the law were only shadows. 

The yom kippur sacrifice of which Hebrews speaks is Collective in nature.

It was a sacrifice for the sins of the entire nation and it's sin which the high priest served as representative agant of that collective. It was not focused upon indidvidual sin.

Christ as a sacrifice for a collective body, is the Passover establishing a new covenant body. 

My point is the Catholic Priesthood sacrifices Jesus every mass. 

Yes Jesus’ sacrifice replaces all sacrifice of the Jews, He is the Once For All sacrifice for Sin. But my point quoting those passages was that Jesus does not sacrifice himself over and over like Roman Catholicism teaches. 

We are all priests now in Christ: 

from Jesus, the Christ, who isthe faithful witness and the first begotten of the dead and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins with his own blooD, and has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him beglory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” (Revelation 1:5-6)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

My point is the Catholic Priesthood sacrifices Jesus every mass. 

Yes, they believe it is Christ himself which provides it into their hands. They call it non bloody. It is only for those whom have sanctified themselves through confession of sins. Therefore clean to partake of his offering he provides. Not all sacrifices are for sin. There is the daily sacrifices provided morning and evening etc. Sacrifices of peace, thanksgiving etc. Christ in his sacrifice surpasses them all.

20 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Yes Jesus’ sacrifice replaces all sacrifice of the Jews, He is the Once For All sacrifice for Sin. But my point quoting those passages was that Jesus does not sacrifice himself over and over like Roman Catholicism teaches. 

Again, he did provide one sacrifice for sin for all as in the yom kippur sacrifice. This a sacrifice for the entire collective in covenant.

The cup of communion, the lords table..... 

1Co 10:16  The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
1Co 10:21  Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 11:25  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

21 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

We are all priests now in Christ: 

from Jesus, the Christ, who isthe faithful witness and the first begotten of the dead and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins with his own blooD, and has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him beglory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” (Revelation 1:5-6)

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Not all serve in the same ministry. I don't believe I am equal to an apostle. anymore than I am equal to an overseer etc.

We have scripture for a shadow of these things. Various levels of priesthood are given, as are judges and rulers etc. Not all all operate in the same function. Otherwise why would anyone of them be needed in the first place? 

I may not personally accept at this point what all "Catholicisms" say, but I also do not care for distorting what they say either. I think this notion that we are all equal in authority as priests is a rabbinic idea produced after the destruction of the temple.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

4 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Yes, they believe it is Christ himself which provides it into their hands. They call it non bloody. It is only for those whom have sanctified themselves through confession of sins. Therefore clean to partake of his offering he provides. Not all sacrifices are for sin. There is the daily sacrifices provided morning and evening etc. Sacrifices of peace, thanksgiving etc. Christ in his sacrifice surpasses them all.

Again, he did provide one sacrifice for sin for all as in the yom kippur sacrifice. This a sacrifice for the entire collective in covenant.

The cup of communion, the lords table..... 

1Co 10:16  The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
1Co 10:21  Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 11:25  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Not all serve in the same ministry. I don't believe I am equal to an apostle. anymore than I am equal to an overseer etc.

We have scripture for a shadow of these things. Various levels of priesthood are given, as are judges and rulers etc. Not all all operate in the same function. Otherwise why would anyone of them be needed in the first place? 

I may not personally accept at this point what all "Catholicisms" say, but I also do not care for distorting what they say either. I think this notion that we are all equal in authority as priests is a rabbinic idea produced after the destruction of the temple.

I am not distorting it, I’ve read the RCC Catechism, spent 2 and half years attending masses and reading Catholic theologians. 
Roman Catholicism is Prima Scriptura: Scripture and Church Tradition are equal, but their church traditions contradict Scripture. 

Jesus warned, 

“And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,  “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” (Mark 7:6-8)

• Thanks 1

• George unpinned this topic