angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, even their own life, such a person cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

I am dissatisfied with my self, but not with Self in Christ. As long as I remain in Christ, I am all I can be for Christ.

John 15:4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing..."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, angels4u said:

Amen and thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony :)

“But now, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)

I love that Isaiah verse.  It is quite apt.

<start brief aside and sidetrack>

Another thing I'd like to add briefly (that I forgot in my first post), is the effect of deeply embedded lies in my heart.  During that desert experience, God's light shone on my past and revealed that I had come to believe two lies about myself which had affected my thoughts and behavior my entire life.  "You don't know what you are doing!" and "You are not a real man!" were things that the enemy had buried deep into me through various traumatic events from when I was child and teen and I had come to believe that is part of who I was.  Long story, but God's light shone in my heart, made those lies bare and apparent, and in a few minutes, my heart just rejected them as lies and I felt like a weight lifted (that I didn't even know I was carrying).  Over the years, I've seen many Christians carrying similar lies ("I'm worthless", "I'm ugly", "I'm stupid", "No one could love me", "You deserve what happens to you"  etc.) deep within themselves.

<end brief aside and sidetrack>

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hello Raven :)

May I ask why the capital S for Self?

I am dissatisfied with my self, but not with Self in Christ

6 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I love that Isaiah verse.  It is quite apt.

<start brief aside and sidetrack>

Another thing I'd like to add briefly (that I forgot in my first post), is the effect of deeply embedded lies in my heart.  During that desert experience, God's light shone on my past and revealed that I had come to believe two lies about myself which had affected my thoughts and behavior my entire life.  "You don't know what you are doing!" and "You are not a real man!" were things that the enemy had buried deep into me through various traumatic events from when I was child and teen and I had come to believe that is part of who I was.  Long story, but God's light shone in my heart, made those lies bare and apparent, and in a few minutes, my heart just rejected them as lies and I felt like a weight lifted (that I didn't even know I was carrying).  Over the years, I've seen many Christians carrying similar lies ("I'm worthless", "I'm ugly", "I'm stupid", "No one could love me", "You deserve what happens to you"  etc.) deep within themselves.

<end brief aside and sidetrack>

Thanks again for sharing, I agree with you it's so simple and yet we can make it so difficult, if we live every day for Jesus and let Him do the work in us we don't have to worry if we do enough and if we do it right, I believe it's all a matter of listening to the Holy Spirit,we either obey or disobey, the choice is ours . I'm not saying I always obey, I defantially try but since we still live in this fallen world we have to fight the spiritual war mentioned in Ephesisans everyday and every minute....

2 Corinthians 12:10

10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:10

10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Amen brother?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Hello Raven :)

May I ask why the capital S for Self?

I am dissatisfied with my self, but not with Self in Christ

Self is inner being / soul.

Psalm 51:6 Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

2 Corinthians 4:10 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Considering the three parts of us body, mind, soul. The mind bridges between body and soul. The body-mind (flesh-mind) is the self. The soul-mind is Self.

The self is the ego-self, and Self is the soul. 

Matthew 16:25-26 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

15 hours ago, Raven said:

Self is inner being / soul.

Psalm 51:6 Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

2 Corinthians 4:10 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Considering the three parts of us body, mind, soul. The mind bridges between body and soul. The body-mind (flesh-mind) is the self. The soul-mind is Self.

The self is the ego-self, and Self is the soul. 

Matthew 16:25-26 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Hello Raven , you still puzzle me with the capital S in self? Where did you get those different meanings for our soul?

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

Hello Raven , you still puzzle me with the capital S in self? Where did you get those different meanings for our soul?

It is just my way of writing. Just as in John 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The self is of flesh, and Self is of Spirit.

It is generally assumed that descriptives with a capital letter refer to a Higher status, as in God, Son of God, Holy Spirit and Spirit instead spirit.

That is why I never give satan a capital letter.

Just now, Raven said:

It is just my way of writing. Just as in John 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The self is of flesh, and Self is of Spirit.

It is generally assumed that descriptives with a capital letter refer to a Higher status, as in God, Son of God, Holy Spirit and Spirit instead spirit.

That is why I never give satan a capital letter.

but Self is never on the throne but Jesus is if we are a Christian and believe He is our Savior..right?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

but Self is never on the throne but Jesus is if we are a Christian and believe He is our Savior..right?

This is true.

Galatians 6:3-6 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

• Thumbs Up 1